Healthy body, healthy mind. I am not so sure.

sipi

I have been blessed with good health as have my ancestors. 

Ok, there are a few signs of wear, that is to be expected.

But I have really noticed that I am slowly losing my marbles over the last few years. I have the memory and attention span of a goldfish. I have trouble expressing myself these days. 

The joys of aging...

I have regular blood tests and on some regular medication. It is becoming noticable.

Not in Thailand at present but have a good GP. I assumed it is normal.

Edit. Names in particular. OK we all forget names. But people we see every day and family?

Embarrassing.

Edited by sipi
Forgot about names.

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This is NOT normal.

Insist that your GP refer you to a neurologist.

What medications are you on BTW? Some -- especially statins -- can have this effect.

Thanks Sheryl. Prefer not to discuss medications on an open forum but basically, recently and currently low dosage of an antiinflammatory for a genetic thingy and some mild sedatives a time ago. Never been into recreational drugs.

I will Google statins.

Edit. I can't make head or tail of Google, but it seems statins are for cholesterol. No, not me.

I took beta-blockers for a while but got off them after lifestyle changes.

Edited by sipi

7 hours ago, sipi said:

I have regular blood tests and on some regular medication. It is becoming noticable.

Not in Thailand at present but have a good GP. I assumed it is normal.

Edit. Names in particular. OK we all forget names. But people we see every day and family?

Embarrassing.

It has happened to me too a couple of years ago, but in my case stress has been the cause. 

Normal is wandering upstairs for something, coming back down with something completely different.  Or forgetting where you put your keys, etc. This happens when we are preoccupied, eg, I do it when I am dreaming up ideas.

But the kind of repetition you are talking about is possibly something a bit different.