Work Visa Process...please Advise.

I'm sorry if this thread / information is on here already (I've been looking and can't find it since the site revamp - great site though, thanks).

I have started the work visa process and am unclear as to how I should continue.

Thus far:-

1) I changed my tourist stamp to a non-B at the Bkk immigration office. (3 month visa)

2) I've applied for my work visa and had all the correct paperwork, received a receipt that tells me to return next week to collect the work permit.

What's next? I've heard / read about changing the non-B to a one year, but then changing the work visa to tally... but I can't find the correct info.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Jason

Well, there is no 'work-visa' as such, however, any kind of non immigrant-visa can be used to obtain a WP.

Since you are now under a non-imm B take you WP and company documents during the last month of your permitted stay to the immmigration office and apply for extention of stay up to one year (from original entry).

Documents see here: http://www.thaivisa.com/visa/non-immigrant-visa.html

Immigration office will initially stamp 'application under consideration...come back on date...'

This might happen for 2-3 times and every time you should bring your WP to the abor dept. where it will be extented for the same period.

Once the extention is granted for 1 year, again change the date in hyour WP accordingly.

Well, there is no 'work-visa' as such, however, any kind of non immigrant-visa can be used to obtain a WP.

Since you are now under a non-imm B take you WP and company documents during the last month of your permitted stay to the immmigration office and apply for extention of stay up to one year (from original entry).

Documents see here: http://www.thaivisa.com/visa/non-immigrant-visa.html

Immigration office will initially stamp 'application under consideration...come back on date...'

This might happen for 2-3 times and every time you should bring your WP to the abor dept. where it will be extented for the same period.

Once the extention is granted for 1 year, again change the date in hyour WP accordingly.

Axel,

Thank you for the advise. I will do just as you suggest, so next stop is to collect the work permit, then go to the Bkk immigration office to get an extension.

Thanks again, Jason

Hi Jason,

no problem, but remember to apply during the last 30 days of your present permit. Often, immigration does not want you to come too early.

PS: The fee is now Baht 1900, the amount shown in the TV-link is obsolete.

Edited by Axel