More shisha parlors targeted in Walking Street

rooster59

More shisha parlors targeted in Walking Street

thumbnail__MG_0008.jpg

Image: Siamchon News

Police and consumer associations mounted a joint raid on two establishments allowing the smoking of shisha in Walking Street, South Pattaya.

Managers at both the Galaxy and Ankhor  shops were arrested and pipes and shisha tobacco were seized. Siam News said they were openly flouting the law.

A total of 40 pipes were taken into evidence at Galaxy and 21 pipes at Ankhor in the 3am raids Saturday.

Penalties for supplying shisha and running shisha parlors can be severe. The law allows for a five year prison sentence or a fine of 500,000 baht or both.

The law relates to the fact that tax has not been paid on the equipment or the tobacco used.

The raid followed others earlier in the week in another part of Pattaya and a crackdown on E-cigarettes being sold openly at Thep Prasit market.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-12

The old age argument come to minds, if smoking shisha is bad for you

which is, why than the government allow the sale of cigarettes, cigars

and other tobacco products which are just as bad and harmful while

profiting from it as well? that's what I'd like to know.....

50 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Shisha parlours don't belong in Walking Street or anywhere else in Pattaya.

Well done the BiB.

Actually walking street is a perfect place for Shisha parlours...

Tobacco is legal every where in Pattaya...  

28 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Quoted from the OP ... "The law relates to the fact that tax has not been paid on the equipment or the tobacco used."

5 minutes ago, AllThaiedUp said:

Quoted from the OP ... "The law relates to the fact that tax has not been paid on the equipment or the tobacco used."

I am sure the Shisha parlours would be more than happy to pay a tax if they could..

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Because of taxes.......

ALLTied  , not an expert but  after spending many years in the Middle East , I  was always told it was healthier than  normal cigs

because you drag through the apple water ! .

Turns out , apparently than  it is NOT  and   smoking shisha is like puffing  through a pack

a minute  !

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Simple really... The government gets the tax money off those products unless they are brought in from neighboring countries. Thus restrictions on the amount you can bring across the borders are in place..Nothing can get you in trouble faster in most countries than figuring out how to avoid government taxes..

Number of deaths worldwide from direct tobacco use: 5 million

Number of deaths worldwide of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke: 600,000

Number of deaths worldwide from Cannabis: 0

Yeah, shiska isn't really that bad says tobacco addicts who are committing slow-motion suicide. ?

7 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Number of deaths woisldwide from direct tobacco use: 5 millionim

Number of deaths worldwide of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke: 600,000

Number of deaths worldwide from Cannabis: 0

Yeah, shiska isn't really that bad says tobacco addicts who are committing slow-motion suicide. ?

Number of brain dead/damaged zombies from cannabis use..?????  No stats on that.

Shisha smoke may be less harmful than other forms of smoking though, because some/many of the Impurities, such as tar, are captured by the water through which the smoke passes.

I agree that the shisha Issue Is one of tax not being collected, so legislation should fix that

Edited by F4UCorsair

For non smokers, the most annoying of all smoke is cigars, and pipes. So, shisha is way, way up there on the list of terribly annoying. Nasty. I love that they are cracking down.

However, how do you define a Little P. crackdown? One visit. In the media for 24-48 hours, then completely forgotten. Like his hundreds of other crackdowns. Here today. Gone tomorrow. No sincerity in his game. No intent. Just daily hyperbole.

One can only hope this will be the exception. But, how many times have I had that hope in the past?

Little P. - Moving Thailand backwards at an alarming, breath taking, and astonishing pace.