EXCLUSIVE: Fears grow as Thai girl disappears after taking US "teacher" to Rayong - but he is a "known rapist"

rooster59

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

as long there is no proof he is innocent as YOU.

If this is the guy which they claim, he has already jumped his Bail Bond of $30,000, which is a crime. That makes him a wanted criminal and in a country where Bounty Hunting is still legal.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know the age of the girl, nor her motivation, ...for sure I don't know any decent Thai family which would let their young daughter go on her own (un-accompanied!) with any farang (total?) stranger on some trip or outing!

It is clear that parental and social control are, alas, fading away in Thailand too, where it were major pillars of general security, ...as the Rule of Law has no meaning in the absence of a police force worth the name enforcing it!  

School would not check foreigner background, they love to have foreigner teacher, as long as you look like farang , you can get the teaching job , it does not a matter you can teach or not. My friend is a qualify English teacher with teaching certificate but he could not get a teaching job in Chiangmai because he has oriental face. He was born in England, educated in England, holding British passport but he just couldn,t get a job , they told him it was because they only want farang look teacher. On the other hand , another friend of mind , only 23 yrs old, does not now any English grammar, no experience of teaching, has not been trained,  he could get teaching job very easily, , because he is farang. 

12 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Possibly so but I don't understand how it's possible to leave the country , in this case the USA ( with chip-embedded passports with full security features) on a false document. If the system has flaws no one seems to be talking about it. 

In Australia it's impossible to leave without a chip passport and facial recognition screening: even so, some people do it. Same with UK.

In  the USA you dont go through immigration when you leave, only when you arrive. 

Perfectly ok to let the young sister / daughter shoot off with a stranger in the hope that she'll bring back a bag full of "hard earned" cash but then get worried when she disappears. 

What's the matter sis? Is your rent overdue? Need a newphone? Have to pay off a loan? Young sis isn't back yet with the dosh? Worried now? 

Get up and wh**e your own ass out! 

Sincerely hope young sis is ok. 

45 minutes ago, jamesmith said:

School would not check foreigner background, they love to have foreigner teacher, as long as you look like farang , you can get the teaching job , it does not a matter you can teach or not. My friend is a qualify English teacher with teaching certificate but he could not get a teaching job in Chiangmai because he has oriental face. He was born in England, educated in England, holding British passport but he just couldn,t get a job , they told him it was because they only want farang look teacher. On the other hand , another friend of mind , only 23 yrs old, does not now any English grammar, no experience of teaching, has not been trained,  he could get teaching job very easily, , because he is farang. 

With a name like James Smith I expected better; I started reading with low expectations but ended up disappointed. 

13 hours ago, uchibenkei said:

He used a fake passport so it wouldn't have mattered in this case.  

25 minutes ago, ericthai said:

In  the USA you dont go through immigration when you leave, only when you arrive. 

it goes through homeland security by number when you check in for the flight
american fake passports are incredibly hard to obtain and use without being noticed (in the us, not other countries)

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

About high time that all those foreigners vying for teaching jobs in Thailand

will be  thoroughly vetted and closely looked at, as many of them are of dubious

and questionable characters and using Thailand as a place for their less than

honorable intentions....

"Some posters cautioned that it was likely that the man she went with had not actually been offered a job at all and the job idea was just a ruse to gain her confidence."

He may not have had a job offer at all, so why jump to conclusions?

UPDATE:

Thaivisa exclusive: Missing Thai girl is “protecting US teacher rapist”

American got job teaching in Khon Kaen school despite facing charges of raping a five year old in the US

1am.jpg

Thaivisa has learnt that the Thai woman reported missing after taking a convicted US rapist for a teaching job in Rayong could be protecting him and helping him escape from justice.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/973284-thaivisa-exclusive-missing-thai-girl-is-“protecting-us-teacher rapist”/

20 hours ago, jerojero said:

Dare say it? Another quality farang allowed into the kingdom

Actually, not technically "allowed" at this point, since he's a proud member of the overstay brigade.   (And some wonder why overstayers aren't welcomed with open arms...)

You can say that all countries should stop issuing passport to sex offenders, and that's the obvious kneejerk reaction.  But unless it's part of a criminal sentence or court restriction in anticipation of trial or a matter of being placed on an anti-terrorist watch list, the U.S. at least cannot just arbitrarily deny the right to travel and the issuance of a passport based on past convictions if the sentence has been completed and no further charges are pending.   But I don't see why passports couldn't include some annotation so that immigration authorities in other countries could readily identify convicted sex offenders, except that it seems like sort of a slippery slope whereby ALL offenders of any description, including "political" crimes in some countries, might be persecuted. 

I sincerely hope she will turn up unharmed.

As for the teaching issue, NO evidence whatsoever is presented that he was assigned to teach ANYWHERE in Thailand.....

21 hours ago, pookiki said:

If this man was arraigned on charges of rape and sodomy in 2015, how did he manage to leave the country?? One would think that he would have had to surrender his passport if granted bail pending trial.  A lot of information is missing in this article.

Well said we can all point fingers but the fact he was allowed to even leave the US of A is very worrying .

It is possible that this guy had a fake passport to get out of the US, so that information

would be public knowledge if the authorities are looking for this fella. That is maybe why

he is known under two names. I just hope he is caught and this girl is not too traumatized by this encounter with him.

Geezer

This is true, but no-fly lists are automatically computer-checked when you check-in and before you can get a boarding pass. That said, merely having a criminal record doesn't land you on the no-fly list. I'm not sure, but I don't think that even having charges pending does. LE possibly has its ways of stopping people they consider high profile flight risks, though getting a judge to simply deny bail is I's think their first line of defense.

Sorry to sound guilty of a hasty judgment, but just by looking at his photo, the label rapist comes to mind. He just has that look. Why would she go with him? He does not look like a good guy. He looks like he has bad intentions. Those eyes are a bit evil. Mai chai dee. 

13 hours ago, sead said:

Couldnt the Usa have warned Thai police when he was on the plane? 

<deleted> is going on in Thailand and their borders. 

How would the USA know he was on the plane?

He was traveling under a passport in somebody elses name and even though he had skipped bail the USA is a large place to find someone who doesn't want to be found let alone somebody leaving the country on a passport in another persons name.

This is true, but no-fly lists are automatically computer-checked when you check-in and before you can get a boarding pass. That said, merely having a criminal record doesn't land you on the no-fly list. I'm not sure, but I don't think that even having charges pending does. LE possibly has its ways of stopping people they consider high profile flight risks, though getting a judge to simply deny bail is I's think their first line of defense.

I'm guessing that generally only federal charges would trigger the system. But (apparently) the guy is using someone else's name anyway.

The applicant has to provide verifiable documentary evidence of a degree and TEFL certificate from an accredited establishment to get a visa and work permit. Your young friend would either be working without a work permit or appropriate visa, or his employer will have been so keen on him that he will have paid off two or three different agencies to "fix things".

There are plenty of Fillipino English Teachers, and I've met a couple from Singapore , not to mention assorted Indians and West Africans, so I'm surprised your other friend has had problems.

I often rather suspect that many of those who pop up here for unsavoury reasons are self declared "teachers" rather than " bona fides". Anyone can scrape up some casual work from a "language school", (these are not covered by the regulations unlike formal schools) and declare himself a teacher.

I'm not suggesting either of your friends fall into that category!

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

How would the USA know he was on the plane?

He was traveling under a passport in somebody elses name and even though he had skipped bail the USA is a large place to find someone who doesn't want to be found let alone somebody leaving the country on a passport in another persons name.

I agree 100%.

For the others who keep saying Fake Passport, there was nothing fake about his passport. It was as real as any other. The only difference here was that he used somebody else's name to get this real Passport.

I would think this would be difficult to track down at first, once this passport was issued to him. Who would know he was using a false name except himself?

For sure they know that now, but like others suggested I would like to know how they found this out. I suppose him jumping his Bail and not showing up for Court was the first step in this process.

I wonder why they still allow the US citizens visa on arrival after all allegations against their nationals? Most of them are criminals wanted in their country.

Unlike most Europeans that are generally unwanted in their county?

Hey, maybe it's because Americans typically aren't condescending, generally have fun, are happy, spend money, and tip, again unlike many of our European friends.

Extreme caution is needed re any media report that isn't from an established western outlet. Local media outlets present rumour as fact while playing lip service to due diligence & posters swallow it whole. Facebook etc belong in the same bracket.

Extreme caution is needed re any media report that isn't from an established western outlet. Local media outlets present rumour as fact while playing lip service to due diligence & posters swallow it whole. Facebook etc belong in the same bracket.

I think the idea that established western media outlets are more reliable that established non western outlets is questionable.

They all have there own agendas.

17 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I think the idea that established western media outlets are more reliable that established non western outlets is questionable.

They all have there own agendas.

An added problem is censorship and persecuting journo's if the try and tell the truth

Archived