Assad calls U.S. forces 'invaders', but still hopeful on Trump

rooster59

I've seen the same reports from multiple media sites.  Reputable ones. LOL  As we know, not all are reputable. 

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russia-has-killed-more-civilians-than-isis-kg7wfsw8w

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/russians-kill-more-civilians-than-isis-report-finds/article/2599778

The organization, which the United Nations considers a valid statistical source, concluded that Russia's bombing campaign has claimed at least 2,704 civilian lives while the Islamic State has murdered at least 2,686.

"These airstrikes have become the most lethal killer of Syrian civilians, accounting for two-thirds of all civilian deaths in July 2016," the advocacy group Save or Syria stated on Friday.

I find it hard to believe anybody would support what Russia's doing in Syria.

1 hour ago, Thorgal said:

Al Jazeera is a Qatari based media outlet. It's actually previous Middle East BBC branch personnel bought by Al Jazeera.It's known that the Qatari government sponsors the Syrian 'moderate' rebels franchise. And that they oppose the sovereign Syrian government.Even so, the French and UK government decided to supply also weapons to the Syrian opposition since 2012.

It's also a variety of 'invasion' and this has been confirmed by Assads multiple face to face interviews with multiple media outlets like in OP.

Would not be rational to use Qatari media feedback in order to make an objective opinion and eventually conclusions.

No, I didn't use any feedback from a Russian media outlet lately.

I use nowadays mostly Syrian non-governemental media outlets who are actually on the ground. Unfortunately, they aren't English, so I can't publish the links on TV.

Can you provide a link where it's proven that the Russian intervention killed more people than ISIS ?

Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Why do you persist with the above style of posting? In effect you're claiming the Russian Foreign Minister was deliberately misquoted, but without any proof. Putin has made the same type of comments regards UN involvement in peace talks. However, as you and others will know UN talks have yet to gain any momentum. Some update of the status of peace talks at the URL below, though still appear to be still going around in circles.

Russian President Vladimir Putin had credited the Kazakhstan talks, which focus on reducing the fighting, with jump starting U.N.-led peace talks in Geneva seeking a political settlement to the six-year conflict.

The Geneva talks broke off without any progress as seemingly unbridgeable divisions persist, chiefly over the future of Assad who seems militarily unassailable in the areas of western Syria under government control.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-talks-idU

Why do you persist with the above style of posting? In effect you're claiming the Russian Foreign Minister was deliberately misquoted, but without any proof. Putin has made the same type of comments regards UN involvement in peace talks. However, as you and others will know UN talks have yet to gain any momentum. Some update of the status of peace talks at the URL below, though still appear to be still going around in circles.  

Russian President Vladimir Putin had credited the Kazakhstan talks, which focus on reducing the fighting, with jump starting U.N.-led peace talks in Geneva seeking a political settlement to the six-year conflict.

The Geneva talks broke off without any progress as seemingly unbridgeable divisions persist, chiefly over the future of Assad who seems militarily unassailable in the areas of western Syria under government control.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-talks-idU  

Astana summit brought Syria, Russia, Iran and Turkey together with a representative of the Syrian Opposition, Mohammed Alouch.The Syrian Opposition represented only 14 factions of the in total 93 combating opposition in Syria. Assad actually invited 91 of all these factions. The 2 he refused to negotiate was Al Nusra and IS.

Agreed during the summit was that the peace supervision would be done by a coordinated task force between Russia, Iran and Turkey.

Please note that there wasn't a Kurdish representative at Astana. Russian diplomacy chose to do so in order to not disturb the Turkish collaboration.

Please note that the temporary Syrian Government created by mainly France, UK and the US were not invited. The Syrian government of Assad doesn't recognise them.

Please note that all members invited at Astana were actually combatant entities involved on Syrian soil. The Syrian Temporary Government is a non-combatant political entity.

Please note that the Russian government invited a Kurdish representative and an extremist Islamic faction in Moscow just after Astana summit.

Please note that Assad changed his constitution before the uprisings concerning the recognition of minorities.

Please note that Assad and his government were working on the implementation of important institutional changes since 2014. One of them was to no more require a 'Muslim' in order to exercise the function of president. Another one is to implement federalisation of the State. Another one is to use Arabic and Kurdish as national language. Another one is to change the Arab Syrian Republic denomination into the Syrian Republic. Syrian president can be elected for 7 years only once. No extensions.

So you see that the Astana summit was based on a parallel change of Syrian constitution and the urgent need to negotiate peace in order to evacuate civilians in war zones.

The UN meetings were based on an attempt to political agreements in contrast to direct talks with the combatant or military factions on Syrian soil.

Official representative of Syria at the UN is still by today not recognised by many Western key players in the UN.

Quote from Lavrov, as a member of the UN Security Council, is more than normal. And wasn't misquoted by me.

The video footage of Yahoo with Assads interview shows clearly his involvment on a national stage and an international stage. He didn't criticise Trumps latest ban to allow Syrian refugees. Although it's known that Syrian refugees willing to transit to the US are obliged to transit in a US military camp near Kobane for a long security clearance prior to visum...

7 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Astana summit brought Syria, Russia, Iran and Turkey together with a representative of the Syrian Opposition, Mohammed Alouch.

The Syrian Opposition represented only 14 factions of the in total 93 combating opposition in Syria. Assad actually invited 91 of all these factions. The 2 he refused to negotiate was Al Nusra and IS.

Agreed during the summit was that the peace supervision would be done by a coordinated task force between Russia, Iran and Turkey.

Please note that there wasn't a Kurdish representative at Astana. Russian diplomacy chose to do so in order to not disturb the Turkish collaboration.

Please note that the temporary Syrian Government created by mainly France, UK and the US were not invited. The Syrian government of Assad doesn't recognise them.

Please note that all members invited at Astana were actually combatant entities involved on Syrian soil. The Syrian Temporary Government is a non-combatant political entity.

Please note that the Russian government invited a Kurdish representative and an extremist Islamic faction in Moscow just after Astana summit.

Please note that Assad changed his constitution before the uprisings concerning the recognition of minorities.

Please note that Assad and his government were working on the implementation of important institutional changes since 2014. One of them was to no more require a 'Muslim' in order to exercise the function of president. Another one is to implement federalisation of the State. Another one is to use Arabic and Kurdish as national language. Another one is to change the Arab Syrian Republic denomination into the Syrian Republic. Syrian president can be elected for 7 years only once. No extensions.

So you see that the Astana summit was based on a parallel change of Syrian constitution and the urgent need to negotiate peace in order to evacuate civilians in war zones.

The UN meetings were based on an attempt to political agreements in contrast to direct talks with the combatant or military factions on Syrian soil.

Official representative of Syria at the UN is still by today not recognised by many Western key players in the UN.

Quote from Lavrov, as a member of the UN Security Council, is more than normal. And wasn't misquoted by me.

The video footage of Yahoo with Assads interview shows clearly his involvment on a national stage and an international stage. He didn't criticise Trumps latest ban to allow Syrian refugees. Although it's known that Syrian refugees willing to transit to the US are obliged to transit in a US military camp near Kobane before security clearance...

None of which addresses my observation....

In effect you're claiming the Russian Foreign Minister was deliberately misquoted, but without any proof. 

None of which addresses my observation....   In effect you're claiming the Russian Foreign Minister was deliberately misquoted, but without any proof. 

My first reply, post #30 was a question concerning the Russian intervention, which was told surpassed the killings of IS.It wasn't addressed to the quote from Lavrov.

By replying with my iPad with latest TVF program, only the second snippet is inserted in my reply. Not the whole post : thus the first snippet and the link provided by Craig were not inserted. None of my previous posts in my previous posting history contains snippets or partial, selective interpretation of another poster.

With my second reply, I've explained why diplomatic choice has been made to prioritise Astana instead of UN talks. Syrian Temporary Government isn't official, The official Syrian UN representative is boycotted, and the Astana summit was closer to the actual and future constitutional important changes in Syria.

More important, many combatant factions in Syria are not even in line or in contact with the Temporary Syrian Government. There has never been any representation of these factions at UN or Geneva level. Making peace efforts with thes factions is almost impossible because they are only represented in the field.

The reply of Lavrov, again, is more than normal, knowing that with the diplomatic affinity they organised Astana, they would not work outside UN and Geneva frameworks.

8 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

My first reply, post #30 was a question concerning the Russian intervention, which was told surpassed the killings of IS.

It wasn't addressed to the quote from Lavrov.

By replying with my iPad with latest TVF program, only the second snippet is inserted in my reply. Not the whole post : thus the first snippet and the link provided by Craig were not inserted. None of my previous post contains snippets or partial, selective interpretation of another poster.

With my second reply, I've explained why diplomatic choice has been made to prioritise Astana instead of UN talks. Syrian Temporary Government isn't official, The official Syrian UN representative is boycotted, and the Astana summit was closer to the actual and future constitutional important changes in Syria.

More important, many combatant factions in Syria are not even in line or in contact with the Temporary Syrian Government. There has never been any representation of these factions at UN or Geneva level. Making peace efforts with thes factions is almost impossible because they are only represented in the field.

The reply of Lavrov, again, is more than normal, knowing that with the diplomatic affinity they organised Astana, they would not work outside UN and Geneva frameworks.

And how many ceasefire negotiations have occurred so far?  None of which have worked.  And Russia was involved in every one.  Actually, they were the impediment to a ceasefire.  They've vetoed every UN resolution to prohibit weapons being shipped into Syria.  Hmmm...who's the #1 arms supplier to Syria.  Let me guess.....