Cheap Flights

TBWG

I personally love the train, have made that trip twice...it's unfortunate that they choose to charge double from Singapore to KL (same amount, but in SGD instead of MYR :o ), but it's very comfortable, takes precisely one night so you need not spend money on a hotel and gets you in KL at 8-9 in the morning.

A trick if you don't want to spend double the money is to take a cheap bus to Johor Bahru (just across the border from Singapore, about a 45 minute ride) and pick up the train from there. You can book online for free on Malaysian Rail's website and your ticket will be waiting there, payable in MYR...have also done that, it's fine as long as you don't mind passing a terrestrial border point.

I don't know about air transport, there are some agreements in place which restrict LCCs for this particular connection...not sure if there are any LCC flights at all between these 2 points.

I don't know about air transport, there are some agreements in place which restrict LCCs for this particular connection...not sure if there are any LCC flights at all between these 2 points.

There aren't any. Both MAS and Singapore Airlines fly this route frequently, but the fares are hardly a bargain.

This route are monopolized and controlled by SIA and MAS which provide shuttle flight service every hour between these two cities and the airfare are quite high. If you need to fly, it's best to purchase your ticket over the counters at malaysia int'l airport.

Shuttle fares can be a gamble esp on popular timings... ie early morning, evening flights. You may be waiting at the airport for the waitlist to clear for a long time. My record was arriving at 1pm in KLIA and boarding my flight back to SIN at 8pm.

Alternatively, consider taking a coach to SIN. Several coach companies do the route in less than 6 hours. Try the First Class Coach from Transtar (www.transtar.com.sg) in a luxurious massage chair and on-seat video/audio on demand with 1 way fares from Bh 900.

Transtar (www.transtar.com.sg) in a luxurious massage chair and on-seat video/audio on demand with 1 way fares from Bh 900.

That's a great link top chinese....

Those first class seats look awesome, even at almost 1400 baht for SIN-KUL.

I hate buses, but that sort of comfort could turn me. :o