Video: Motorway pile-up as "foreigner" kills nurse who came to help

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really feel so sorry to this nurse! She is trying to save somebody life but end up losing her own life. " foreigner kill local nurse " so many comments. I may like to hear if today, this is "a local diver kill a foreigner" and how the TV members comment also.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Agreed... drive to the condition of the roads.... basic really

Its all very easy to say drive to the conditions of the road but what happens when you're driving along a nice straight motorway at 120 KPH
and without warning there is a 50cm deep pothole that rips your front wheel off...or some idiot has left one of those concrete lane dividers with no warning signs or lighting in front of the 50 cm pothole...the internationaly recognised twig with plastic bag attached fluttering in the wind would be more effective,and the favorite one of turning all the street lights off along a stretch of road that's being resurfaced with a non reflective non lighted warning sign of road works placed 2 meters before the roadworks.

6 minutes ago, johng said:

Its all very easy to say drive to the conditions of the road but what happens when you're driving along a nice straight motorway at 120 KPH
and without warning there is a 50cm deep pothole that rips your front wheel off...or some idiot has left one of those concrete lane dividers with no warning signs or lighting in front of the 50 cm pothole...the internationaly recognised twig with plastic bag attached fluttering in the wind would be more effective,and the favorite one of turning all the street lights off along a stretch of road that's being resurfaced with a non reflective non lighted warning sign of road works placed 2 meters before the roadworks.

Then your not really driving to the conditions of the road.... personally, I fully expect these issues, as you describe, to appear without warning.... and rarely ever drive at 120, even during the day.... it's too damn risky on Thai roads

...the headline suggests that 'a foreigner went out of his way and intentionally killed a Thai Good Samaritan'....???

...does this reflect any reality...???

...or....'in a pileup...a retired nurse...who stopped to help...was tragically struck by an oncoming vehicle'.....???

...reading the headline... could it incite violence against foreigners....???

Then your not really driving to the conditions of the road.... personally, I fully expect these issues, as you describe, to appear without warning.... and rarely ever drive at 120, even during the day.... it's too damn risky on Thai roads

My point being that roads that seem in very good condition can suddenly turn into bomb sites with no warning at all.... even at 50kph it would be dangerous...especially on a motorcycle, I admit that I don't have superhuman vision and am not the world's best driver.

9 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Not every road can have lights every 50 metres.  That's why cars have headlights!  

Negligence and stupidity  are the cause of almost all road crashes/ Incidents, not a lack of lights, or signage, or anything external to the car, and more specifically, external to the driver.

You must live in denial, may be too long in Thailand, because road works in Thailand are really a disaster.

Road works should ALWAYS have adequate signage and lightning, which I rarely see in Thailand.

I'm very familiar with the road works in question in the OP, and am surprised that not more deaths have been accounted for yet, because in a civilized country the signage contractor would be in jail for attempted murder.

12 hours ago, Srikcir said:

How so - because no Thai citizen would have had this accident?

- because TNA saw a foreign citizen passport?

- because TNA was denigrating foreigners, ie., as the problem for Thai accidents?

Irresponsibly written but likely within Prayut's standards for "accurate" reporting.

Maybe it was actually responsibly reported simply because it is known that a foreigner was involved, something that no one seems to be disputing (apart from you).

1 hour ago, USPatriot said:

Probably some old guy that isn't allowed to drive in his home country.

He was driving pretty fast in a construction zone the only one to blame is the foreigner driving. 

Why is that "probably" the case?

17 hours ago, AlexRich said:

A complete lack of health and safety understanding in relation to roadworks and traffic management coupled with poor driving awareness ... a recipe for disaster, and so unnecessary. RIP the poor lady that put others before herself.

They make it too easy for foreigners to drive here and rent cars. 

If you can't read Thai, you shouldn't really be allowed to get a license. If you can't read the warning signs you shouldn't be on the road. 

Did they ever catch up with the British merc driver who killed the two Thai women and ran off? CHiang Mai I think it was.

3 hours ago, Allstars said:

You must live in denial, may be too long in Thailand, because road works in Thailand are really a disaster.

Road works should ALWAYS have adequate signage and lightning, which I rarely see in Thailand.

I'm very familiar with the road works in question in the OP, and am surprised that not more deaths have been accounted for yet, because in a civilized country the signage contractor would be in jail for attempted murder.

Attempted murder??? TUrn it up. 

What "civilized" country are you referring to?

Not one those civilized countries that has been involved in bombing innocent children in there homes in Vietnam, Laos, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria etc etc? But in a civil way of course. 

15 minutes ago, Philthyphil said:

If you can't read Thai, you shouldn't really be allowed to get a license. If you can't read the warning signs you shouldn't be on the road. 

Did they ever catch up with the British merc driver who killed the two Thai women and ran off? CHiang Mai I think it was.

No idea how that ended ... if money was exchanged he's probably sitting at home watching Eastenders: this is Thailand.

I was in exact same situation. Stopped to a guy lying on Sukumvit as no one else stopped. Ppl were on the side of the rd looking from far. Went to check on him. Was night. Then saw car lights coming at me fast. Jumped to ditch. Gf was all screaming thinking im done. It was thai girl who finished this guy, he ended up under her car. Then i left. Since then I dont stop to incidents, thais cant be bothered why I should?

Oh and after that I was told if I touch victim and he die I would be blamed for it and most likely jailed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Why is that "probably" the case?

Just a lot of older drivers from other countries. Some do not drive so good and are use to a different type of driving and drivers.  My neighbor had 2 accidents in 3 months both his fault   he would not have a license in America he would fail the road test

12 hours ago, Philthyphil said:

Using that logic, virtually no Thai would be able to drive anywhere in the world outside of Thailand (or possibly one or two of its immediate neighbours.)

Just a lot of older drivers from other countries. Some do not drive so good and are use to a different type of driving and drivers.  My neighbor had 2 accidents in 3 months both his fault   he would not have a license in America he would fail the road test

So not "probably" the case then. 

Apart from one person that you know, who says there are "just a lot of older drivers from other countries who do not drive so good"?

Did you bother to look at the video of the accident which showed the driver?

22 hours ago, farcanell said:

Exactly, that's why I consider everyone that is driving over 80-90 is a reckless driver in Thailand, There's just too many factors out of your control that make it too dangerous to drive that fast here. 

Ofcourse, you can call me a pussy and you will.... But i'm just thinking safety first. 

Hahaha, I do feel the same as my friend also driving live a snake! Don't know how he got his driving license...........

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

I have 30 minutes, so please go ahead.

Sheesh. What happened to your imagination? Crime and corruption runs riot in many places..................just as a starter. Are they not scumbags? You want names as well?

On 14/03/2017 at 2:06 PM, farcanell said:

here is a perfect example for you