Best Lap Swimming Pools In Bangkok

Monkey Fish

Sorry to start a new swimming pool thread when there are a couple going. After searching/checking the previous threads, didn't look like anybody was talking about lap swimming specifically.

I'm looking for a good lap swimming pool. By good, I mean that it needs to be at least 25 meters long (50 would be better) and one can swim back and forth without worrying about running into people (this rules out hotel pools). The swimming pool at 700 Year Stadium in Chiang Mai would be perfect, but I'm looking for something a little closer to Silom.

From other threads, it looks like the Goethe Institute is an option, but a bit pricey.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50583

Checking out Google Earth, it looks like there are a few 50 meter pools around:

1) National Stadium, next to MBK

2) Chula University

3) Royal Bangkok Sport Club

4) One just east of Suan Lumpini (maybe the Polo club?)

Does anybody know anything about the lap swimming potential of these locations? Anywhere else?

Thanks for you help.

Sorry to start a new swimming pool thread when there are a couple going. After searching/checking the previous threads, didn't look like anybody was talking about lap swimming specifically.

I'm looking for a good lap swimming pool. By good, I mean that it needs to be at least 25 meters long (50 would be better) and one can swim back and forth without worrying about running into people (this rules out hotel pools). The swimming pool at 700 Year Stadium in Chiang Mai would be perfect, but I'm looking for something a little closer to Silom.

From other threads, it looks like the Goethe Institute is an option, but a bit pricey.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50583

Checking out Google Earth, it looks like there are a few 50 meter pools around:

1) National Stadium, next to MBK

2) Chula University

3) Royal Bangkok Sport Club

4) One just east of Suan Lumpini (maybe the Polo club?)

Does anybody know anything about the lap swimming potential of these locations? Anywhere else?

Thanks for you help.

For swimming, RBSC is very good, but a one year non voting membership is expensive. Same for the Polo Club.

The place I use is Piyarom Sports Club out on soi 101. It doesn't sound like it is near you (not until the BTS is extended) and may also be a bit pricey given that it is a sports club with other amenities. However, the pool is one of the best in Bangkok. It is a 50 x 25 meter pool with the middle part normally kept only for lap swimmers. Sometimes, depending on the time of day, kids can drift into this area, but are nice and always move out of the way. In the mornings, the pool is virtually empty.

I was a member of RBSC, but dropped that membership when I discovered Piyarom.

There is a beautiful, recently opened completely re-furbished pool at the Thai-Japan Youth Centre in Din Daeng. It is right next to the Ministry of Labour building. You need to join first, its something like 2 photos and 200B and you need a letter from a doctor to say you are in good health. Your best bet is to go ask to look around first and get the forms etc and ask what else they need from you, because I cant remember what they asked me for.

• 1 year later...