Puff Pastry

I recently purchased puff pastry from makro, it was chilled and not frozen.

My question is how long will this keep in a refrigerator. I have googled the same question and the reply/opinion is it will keep for two or three days.

This seems odd because how long it's been in the store is anyone's guess.

Any pastry chefs/experts who can give me a better idea.

Quite probably frozen before being defrosted for sale.

(However, I'm very surprised it wasn't being sold frozen.  Can't imagine turnover that's great.  Not seen that before in Thailand.)

Well wrapped in cling film and you will get a week or more without an issue. Main problem is keeping it moist so wrap it well and keep it well chilled because it soon melts in the heat over here. I agree with member oxo in that never seen it defrosted in Makro or anywhere else for that matter... only ever frozen. Wild guess or hunch is that the store accidently allowed it to defrost (in a chiller hopefully) and decided to sell it rather than refreeze  It's a pretty good product IMO but you do have to look after it.

7 hours ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Thanks for the replies, purchased some more yesterday making sure it was perfectly frozen. Guess my last attempt could of been on an off day.

It's now sitting in my freezer at home.

Interested to know how you will or do defrost it.

A bit off topic: but has anyone managed to make it yourself? I make croissants (basically puff pastry with yeast) by myself and have huge problems to keep my dough cool in this hot climate (don't laugh, but I let my dough rise in a washing machine filled with some ice...). Would be probably easier if I substitute the butter with some hard croissant margarine....

Edited by U235