Don says UN happy with Thailand's human rights defence

webfact

'Other issues were social based, including labour rights, as well as progress in the investigation following the disappearance of prominent Muslim lawyer Somchai Neelapaijit and Karen activist Pholachi "Billy" Rakchongcharoen'. 

So do you get it now, Don is good and right. If you disagree you disappear or you go the way of the English solicitor. He was sued for making claims of the pineapple king, as he hurt his feelings and was being taken to court.

Just sad for the migrant workers and poor Thai's.

56 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

'Other issues were social based, including labour rights, as well as progress in the investigation following the disappearance of prominent Muslim lawyer Somchai Neelapaijit and Karen activist Pholachi "Billy" Rakchongcharoen'. 

So do you get it now, Don is good and right. If you disagree you disappear or you go the way of the English solicitor. He was sued for making claims of the pineapple king, as he hurt his feelings and was being taken to court.

Just sad for the migrant workers and poor Thai's.

Even BBC super star journalist Jonathan Head have been sued in Thailand for showing the police and lawyers are corrupt in Thailand.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/23/bbc-journalist-faces-defamation-charge-in-thailand

6 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Before you throw rocks think about the human rights in your own country, 30, 50 or more years ago. Thailand Iis a developing country

I would say that nowadays Thailand is no longer a 'developing' country (which  it has been for ages) but is actually a REGRESSING country - swiftly marching BACKWARDS!

11 minutes ago, jerojero said:

You can't make this stuff up. But they can make up their own report, self delusional.

As a sample of the nonsense the Thai delegation to the UN spouted:

' Regarding the question on the alleged 30-day detention period of civilians under the martial law, the delegation said that the information was incorrect.  The law permitted only seven, and not 30 days of detention. The Emergency Decree permitted the detention of suspects only for seven days, but could be extended up to 30 days.'

So the Thai delegation is saying: 'No, it's a lie that civilians can be detained under martial law for 30 days. They can only be detained for  (wait for it)  30 days'!!!! This is the sort of garbage they spew out to the Thais (a captive and powerless audience) and get away with.

Also the Thai delegation said that it was not true that people cannot freely assemble in public and claimed that all they have to do is ask for 'permission' (very generous of the junta) and that more than 50 times already, permission has been granted. Right! No evidence provided, of course. If I were a Thai spokesperson for the junta, I could just as easily say: 'We have granted rights to popular mass assembly 20,000 times in the last 2 months'. They can say anything - and there is never any come-back on their lies.

Saddest of all, is that the UN will do nothing against Thailand either. The junta can do what the hell they please - and neither the Thais nor the world do anything about it. Tragic, and infuriating to witness.

Edited by Eligius

Since we have so many crusaders here, foreigners pushing for change in Thailand, and wanting the best (in their eyes) for Thailand, why hide behind a keyboard?   Do what Andy Hall did, put your head up, and run the risk of having it shot off, but that's what crusaders are prepared to do......isn't it?

How would you feel about Thais, or indeed any nationality, telling you that the human rights record in your country is poor/bad/appalling??   

Edited by F4UCorsair

On 17/03/2017 at 8:06 AM, F4UCorsair said:

Before you throw rocks think about the human rights in your own country, 30, 50 or more years ago. Thailand Iis a developing country

sorry to say its not it had all the same chances as everyone else who made it yet prefers a coup and will never achieve anything as all results show year on year its a non developing country held back by the few.

Most people here wish they where not and those who are overseas all think the same that is why so many leave if they can.

I would praise people from other countries who stood up and said my country had poor/bad/appalling human rights, but we do not thankfully, I hope you will be able to experience freedom one day but doubt it

Before you throw rocks think about the human rights in your own country, 30, 50 or more years ago

yes we changed so why did you not? and we all know the answer to that one.

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

sorry to say its not it had all the same chances as everyone else who made it yet prefers a coup and will never achieve anything as all results show year on year its a non developing country held back by the few.

Most people here wish they where not and those who are overseas all think the same that is why so many leave if they can.

I would praise people from other countries who stood up and said my country had poor/bad/appalling human rights, but we do not thankfully, I hope you will be able to experience freedom one day but doubt it

Before you throw rocks think about the human rights in your own country, 30, 50 or more years ago

yes we changed so why did you not? and we all know the answer to that one.

I'm not Thai wakeupplease.

Yes we (our countries) did change, but Thailand, along with many developing countries is STILL changing.  It will take some time, just as our countries took some time.  

It doesn't seem so long ago that western countries had child labor, oppressive labor laws, imprisonment without (adequate) trial, etc.   Thailand will change.

16 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Thailand will change.

Our children will be long dead before that happens. Possibly even our grandchildren. Truth be told, we will probably have a colony on Mars first.

They are not even remotely ready to change. It all starts with education. It's going to take generations to make even the smallest progress.

They are a bunch of lawless children with an unquenchable thirst for corruption and violence. I wish them the best of luck in their transformation. 

2 hours ago, dcnx said:

Our children will be long dead before that happens. Possibly even our grandchildren. Truth be told, we will probably have a colony on Mars first.

They are not even remotely ready to change. It all starts with education. It's going to take generations to make even the smallest progress.

They are a bunch of lawless children with an unquenchable thirst for corruption and violence. I wish them the best of luck in their transformation. 

So do I wish them luck, and I realize that it took generations to change most countries attitudes.