Thailand tries out a special wing for transgender inmates

webfact

Thailand tries out a special wing for transgender inmates

By Axel Kronholm

Special to the Washington Post

BANGKOK, Thailand – It has been a while since Ao recognized herself in the mirror. Her voice is still gentle and light, but her skin has become tougher; her muscles bigger and facial hair thicker.

“Everything is changing. I used to have a very feminine figure and long, flowing hair. It is all very scary,” said the 28-year-old, who is serving an eight-year prison sentence for smuggling 24 kilos of marijuana.

Like many transgender women, Ao had been taking hormones so that her physical appearance would better match her gender identity. In prison, however, such medications are not allowed.

Full story: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/mar/16/thailand-tries-out-a-special-wing-for-transgender-/

-- THE SPOKESMAN 2017-03-17

If only the majority of them weren't such a nasty people and with a

scary reputation I'd feel a compassion toward them, but I don't as they're

no nice people and they don't anything to change this image...

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

muscles bigger and facial hair thicker.

Will it be a new tourist attraction? 24 kilos of weed...Rather stupid when it's illegal.

Got nothing against weed, nor anybody's lifestyle, but they'll probably have the bearded "ladies" in a ring, boxing in bikinis next week to attract busloads of Chinese tourists.

So she got a mere 8 years for smuggling 24 KILOGRAMS of marijuana.

Meanwhile, "someone else" received 15 years for 251 MILLIGRAMS of cocaine. (Actually, the initial police report said 5 - yes, FIVE! - milligrams, but that amount "miraculously" transformed into 251 milligrams in a later report...)

Sometimes I really think sentences in this country are drawn from a hat by the judges. It all seems so random. 

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

If only the majority of them weren't such a nasty people and with a

scary reputation I'd feel a compassion toward them, but I don't as they're

no nice people and they don't anything to change this image...

Everybody here will be comparing their junj,both the "haves" and "have nots".Pun intended. 55555

7 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Is that like a 2 X 4 strapped to your back, to keep from falling in?

I was thinking more a multistory building with verandahs but I can now see multiple uses for a 4x2 in such a place.

7 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

I was thinking more a multistory building with verandahs but I can now see multiple uses for a 4x2 in such a place.

The 2 X 4 strapped to yer derriere used to be an old joke when a buddy was going after a promiscuous slut.

"Make sure ya don't fall in Buddy!"

Nothing to do with tranny's really, & could apply to all of Pattaya & half of BKK.

Edited by jaywalker

3 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

The 2 X 4 strapped to yer derriere used to be an old joke when a buddy was going after a promiscuous slut.

"Make sure ya don't fall in Buddy!"

Nothing to do with tranny's really, & could apply to all of Pattaya & half of BKK.

Yes remember it from 30 years ago. In this case the concern would be moreso whether to allow any soft or hard wood to be anywhere near your behind

2 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Yes remember it from 30 years ago. In this case the concern would be moreso whether to allow any soft or hard wood to be anywhere near your behind

If I were a prison guard there, I'd probably walk around with a 4 foot by 8 foot sheet of plywood strapped to my back all day.