Missing from Trump's grand Navy plan - skilled workers to build the fleet

snoop1130

56 minutes ago, Kabula said:

What is amazing is when Americans get on the same page, pull together, set goals and make it all happen with unskilled labor.  Most of the men were on the battlefield while the women were working in the factories and even delivering planes and finished product.  Of course your comment was spot on. No money, no honey, no manufacturing!

Actually, WW2 is a bad example of the point you are trying to make. The government in effect just printed lots of money to get the war machine going. Generated a huge deficit. Oddly enough, it pulled the country out of the Depression.

11 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Actually, WW2 is a bad example of the point you are trying to make. The government in effect just printed lots of money to get the war machine going. Generated a huge deficit. Oddly enough, it pulled the country out of the Depression.

It's an excellent example. We won the war with  determination and ingenuity providing freedom and prosperity for many decades to follow.

Edited by Kabula

The government in effect just printed lots of money to get the war machine going. Generated a huge deficit. Oddly enough, it pulled the country out of the Depression.

Perhaps it was that the US GDP increased 100% or doubled during WW2. That makes the national debt very cheap and sustainable in financing government investment.

http://history.stackexchange.com/questions/8510/gdp-per-capita-of-major-combatants-before-and-after-wwii

GDPWW2.JPG

23 hours ago, Kabula said:

Is this fake news?

America was suffering financially when World War II broke out and just look at the massive number of ships, planes, tanks, Jeeps, uniforms and weapons were manufactured within a year!

And, much of the manufacturing was done by unskilled women that has been well documented over the years.

Watch the video discussing how many bombers an hour they were producing for WWII and what Rosie the riveter said. Posted for confirmation purposes.

When I see the words "biggest, most complex, most expensive" use to describe the new classes of ships, I can't help but think that they would make nice, big, expensive targets.

Potential enemies won't be investing in big ships, they will be investing in much cheaper anti-ship missiles and torpedoes.

On 3/18/2017 at 3:13 PM, mike324 said:

Why would you think that engineers are not required? Those skilled labors are normally taught in community and technical college, Trumps propose cuts in education funding will be effecting those students the most.

I'm not for the JC's and Tech schools, more cuts in the liberal arts area.  was going to a JC south of SFO taking Aero classes as part of my apprentice program at SFO. In the late 60's there were campus unrest at SF State, and a splinter group was on campus at CSM,(college of small minds) College of San Mateo. They started marching around campus and getting wound up and started to interrupt and coming into class rooms. When they came up to the area where they   tough cosmetology and the aero dept.  they encountered resistance. People came out with hammers, wenches pieces of metal and the cosmos's  came out with sharp tools of their trade. The  protestors went back down to the student union area. The cops, sherif and the CHP came and calmed it down and set up checkpoints to come on campus. Did I say I was  also registered Peace and Freedom Party, from a home that was Dem.

A working class man.

rice555  

On March 18, 2017 at 3:13 PM, mike324 said:

Why would you think that engineers are not required? Those skilled labors are normally taught in community and technical college, Trumps propose cuts in education funding will be effecting those students the most.

I'm not for the JC's and Tech schools, more cuts in the liberal arts area.

was going to a JC south of SFO taking Aero classes as part of my apprentice

program at SFO. In the late 60's there were campus unrest at SF State, and a

splinter group was on campus at CSM,(college of small minds) College of San Mateo. They started marching around campus and getting wound up and started to interrupt and coming into class rooms. When they came up to the area where they tough cosmetology and the aero dept. they encountered resistance. People came out with hammers, wenches pieces of metal and the cosmos's  came out with sharp tools of their trade. The protestors went back down to the student union area. The cops, sherif and the CHP came and calmed it down and set up checkpoints to come on campus. Did I say I was

also registered Peace and Freedom Party, from a home that was Dem.

A working class man.

rice555  

If you go back to the train of quotes, you'll see that Grubster claimed that it was private money that won world war 2 for the Americans and allies. And you backed him up on that claim.  In your second you dropped your backing of the "No money, no honey, no manufacturing!" 

The fact is that it was government money through massive deficit spending that not only helped win WW2 but also pulled the USA out of the Great Depression.

Here are all the posts below in chronological order.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:12 PM, Grubster said:

Its amazing what can happen when those hoarding all the wealth decide to buck up isn't it.

What is amazing is when Americans get on the same page, pull together, set goals and make it all happen with unskilled labor.  Most of the men were on the battlefield while the women were working in the factories and even delivering planes and finished product.  Of course your comment was spot on. No money, no honey, no manufacturing!

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:38 PM, ilostmypassword said:

15 hours ago, Kabula said:

It's an excellent example. We won the war with  determination and ingenuity providing freedom and prosperity for many decades to follow.