Only in Thailand? Contractor demolishes bridge but there are no warning lights

rooster59

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

Use the search function.  I posted the math a couple of years back.  Took me an hour or so to look up the data I needed so I'm not especially inclined to spend my day off doing it again.

So what I know about Thais not needing to pass a difficult driving test counts for nothing.  And it's me and most everyone else imagining that they drive too fast and inexpertly.  And they don't jump lights, ride the wrong way down roads, reverse turn in to main roads, and fail to observe zebra crossings!

I'd rather trust what I see and know, over some abstract calculation.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more the almost 'madcap' nature of the story.  What I mean is that this could almost have come out of a movie- Dumb and Dumber.  In this way it is uniquely Thai.

It happens in the movie idiocracy.
They have an unfinished overpass with multiple vehicles just falling off.
Many parallels to life in Thailand

This is somewhere real close to where I live it appears.  1/ No, no safety very important here have paint all over roads to show school zone, slow zone, centre line with rumble strip, edge of road with rumble strip, painted zone etc etc.  Option 2 someone in the local hierarchy has connections to a paint manufacturer.  Personally I will go with option 2.

Cheers

3 hours ago, CLW said:

Avoid driving at night.
Luckily no motorcycle crossed that bridge....

Correct, there is no bridge to cross:sad:   Also motorcycle not count, Thai road rules 101.

Cheers

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:54 AM, Elkski said:

Wow.   How much time will anyone serve?  And 0.22 grams of coke is 15 years. 

Is that 15 years for farang or Thai ? I bet Thai get only a warning ( you can go this time and don't do it again, ok.)

I think it's more the almost 'madcap' nature of the story.  What I mean is that this could almost have come out of a movie- Dumb and Dumber.  In this way it is uniquely Thai.

It happens in the movie idiocracy.
They have an unfinished overpass with multiple vehicles just falling off.
Many parallels to life in Thailand.

Give over knocking the poor standard of Elf & Safety in Thailand, many companies or still try to get their heads around Metal Poles and Clamps used as scaffolding. the others wisely continue to use bamboo which has worked well for centuries. 

On ‎17‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 10:46 PM, berybert said:

'Following the destruction the department of rural roads rushed to put some emergency lights in and order the contractor to take more safety precautions. They suggested signage and warning lights.'

To which they probably  replied, 'OK wait until morning when its light, we'll sort it then'.

Sad the "SAFETY FIRST" signs do not have lights...