mechanical problem with my 3 yr old pickup

Yesterday I picked up my car from the smash repairs. I was rear ended by a teen on a bike.

I was driving back home and after driving for 5 to 10min I had to slow down bc of a traffic light. As I was slowing down my car felt like it was going to stall. The revs completely failed and luckily the light went green and I hit the accelerator and it didn’t stall. I parked around the corner and did some shopping and then drove it home and the problem didn’t repeat itself.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be caused by?

Last week when I went to check up on my pickup they had completely separated the back tray  from the main body of the cabin so that they could fit it all in the spray room. I presume that they might have thus altered some of the engine to do their job?

Its only 3 yrs old and never had a problem until now.

Cheers for your opinion.

18 hours ago, transam said:

Can the OP tel us what "make" the ride is..You know, Ford, Toyota etc....Whilst I am here...When the ride stuttered, did any dash warning lights come on and go off....?

no, the model is irrelevant. all you need to know is that it is a pickup with auto transmission. Please address the problem stated above. Its best not to waste time. 

21 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

auto pickup truck. any ideas guys? what causes it to lose revs and nearly stall on me?

Question 1 - How long was it in the workshop getting repaired ?

Question 2 - Was it being repaired at a franchised dealership ?

Question 3 - If the answer to 2 is no who recommended to you the repairer ?

Many a scam in this country during accident repairs.  Not saying this happened to you but did you check the engine number is the same now ? Do you know where the ECU is ? - if so does it look disturbed in it's housing ?

Edited by esprit

16 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

no, the model is irrelevant. all you need to know is that it is a pickup with auto transmission. Please address the problem stated above.

Sell it and buy something else.

Its best not to waste time. 

Agree.

no, the model is irrelevant. all you need to know is that it is a pickup with auto transmission. Please address the problem stated above. Its best not to waste time. 

I notice on your other post your reticence to divulge the make of your pick-up, why? I'm sure with your attitude you are going to be struggling to get help or advice in future.

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I notice on your other post your reticence to divulge the make of your pick-up, why? I'm sure with your attitude you are going to be struggling to get help or advice in future.

But I reckon the prob is the type of HAY......

horse.jpg.f6fc285b85dc8733b6377cd86da648c1.jpg

2 hours ago, transam said:

Then bugger off, I WAS trying to help you with my research...Gawd 'elp us...:saai:

Dont worry too much about transam. He is harmless. He's just a bit old and sensitive which comes across as being aggressive. Im sure he doesnt mean to come across as as troll 

Yes the model is irrelevant. My thought regarding the problem is that it might be related to the transmission. I would be taking it to the dealership to get a service if I were you. 

cheers and good luck. 

1 minute ago, advancebooking said:

Dont worry too much about transam. He is harmless. He's just a bit old and sensitive which comes across as being aggressive. Im sure he doesnt mean to come across as as troll 

Yes the model is irrelevant. My thought regarding the problem is that it might be related to the transmission. I would be taking it to the dealership to get a service if I were you. 

cheers and good luck. 

So you know nothing about different vehicle dash warning lights too....Oh well...

So tell us why you think it's the auto trans....?

2 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

Not a very nice way to answer someone who is trying to help you. You will be lucky to get the answer you are looking for with an attitude like that.

It could be very important to know what make or model  the question relates to.

2 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

Not a very nice way to answer someone who is trying to help you. You will be lucky to get the answer you are looking for with an attitude like that.

It could be very important to know what make or model  the question relates to.

I did try...

Edited by transam

Presuming that the workshop disconnected the battery when they were working on your vehicle, I would say that the problem is with the throttle body.

Once the battery has been disconnected , the engine must relearn its idle and fuel trim strategy for optimum driveability and
performance.

To reset the throttle body is usually an easy task and the details for carrying out the oppersation your vehicle can be easily found on Google.

Since they removed the entire bed, it might be that they pinched, or otherwise damaged the fuel line.  It's also possible that all the movement caused some contamination in the tank to get stirred up and mess with the injectors or carb.

Just a thought.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:06 AM, ghworker2010 said:

Yesterday I picked up my car from the smash repairs. I was rear ended by a teen on a bike.

I was driving back home and after driving for 5 to 10min I had to slow down bc of a traffic light. As I was slowing down my car felt like it was going to stall. The revs completely failed and luckily the light went green and I hit the accelerator and it didn’t stall. I parked around the corner and did some shopping and then drove it home and the problem didn’t repeat itself.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be caused by?

Last week when I went to check up on my pickup they had completely separated the back tray  from the main body of the cabin so that they could fit it all in the spray room. I presume that they might have thus altered some of the engine to do their job?

Its only 3 yrs old and never had a problem until now.

Cheers for your opinion.

If it's a diesel, it probably is a clogged diesel filter....happened to me several times. could also be lots of dirt in the fuel tank. a diesel filter cost a couple hundred baths....300-400 bth....

Edited by off road pat

3 hours ago, advancebooking said:

cheers and good luck. 

Transam is not sensitive, if there were a lot more posters like Transam, this would be a much better forum.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Transam is not sensitive, if there were a lot more posters like Transam, this would be a much better forum.

Thanks chum, Poss is a poster that knows me face to face plus years of posting chat....:stoner: