Calling it a day on Pattaya....

Cirencester

Changed beyond all recognition in last 25 years. Yes Ive got older but as far as Girls go I'm still a handsome man on the basis the quality of guys left is close to appalling.What are here have a fascination in making themselves look as ugly as possible with shaven polls and arms painted green and black.

Its not even fun any more in the main. Spend a lot of nights in Hotel now just watch decent movie and go Beach or Swimming Pool during day which I certainly enjoy.... Point in question I could do that in Spain or Greece.

Soi's 6, 7 and 8 and changed beyond belief and North Pattaya a Ghost town. Soi 6 in particular always a good laugh is a dying shell of what it was and getting worse. walked it yesterday about 5pm shall not bother again deserted

Frankly I cant be arsed with it anymore  !!  If you're not coming here for sex (and I can completely take or leave it) then why am I coming. Shocking Exchange rates for Brits not helping

Maybe a change of location in Thailand ??   Pleased if others would input on that

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Cirencester said:

Frankly I cant be arsed with it anymore  !!  If you're not coming here for sex (and I can completely take or leave it) then why am I coming. Shocking Exchange rates for Brits not helping

Maybe a change of location in Thailand ??   Pleased if others would input on that

I think the grass is greener in the Philippines. Personally, I hope there are less Brits there too.

29 minutes ago, Cirencester said:

Changed beyond all recognition in last 25 years. Yes Ive got older but as far as Girls go I'm still a handsome man on the basis the quality of guys left is close to appalling.What are here have a fascination in making themselves look as ugly as possible with shaven polls and arms painted green and black.

Its not even fun any more in the main. Spend a lot of nights in Hotel now just watch decent movie and go Beach or Swimming Pool during day which I certainly enjoy.... Point in question I could do that in Spain or Greece.

Soi's 6, 7 and 8 and changed beyond belief and North Pattaya a Ghost town. Soi 6 in particular always a good laugh is a dying shell of what it was and getting worse. walked it yesterday about 5pm shall not bother again deserted

it depends what you're looking for but if you think Pattaya has changed I think you'd be in for an even bigger shock in Spain or Greece as well with even more changes to come.

Pattaya isn't the only coastal resort in Southeast Asia. Why not try Sihanoukville in Cambodia or Nha Trang in Vietnam before taking such a drastic step such as going to Europe?

Edited by Asiantravel

1 hour ago, Cirencester said:

As said above, you think Pattaya has changed in the last 25 years, see what's happened to Spain and Greece.  Not cheap places now compared to 25 years ago.

Try outside town just a bit.  We live south and rarely go into Pattaya.  But it's all still there if we want it.  And the beach restaurants are fantastic down here.

Try Bang Saray.  Just don't go on a weekend when it's quite packed.  Visit the Bang Saray Club for a sundowner.  Fantastic place.

Think one or two misunderstood my post (my fault)

Am not looking at other areas in Pattaya per se. Have just got bored of the bar scene and if you wanted to tip me over the edge lol telling me to go New Plaza drinking will do it nicely. You need vaccinations before making incursions into that area

Snooky and Bali mentioned. Doesnt anyone else in middle age feel that the vibe has changed (not overnight) but the very essence of Boy meets Girl of late 80,s early 90's has long gone as it was. Internet of course huge part to play.  Theres a nationality of people here that are quite frankly disgusting in manners, appearance, incapable of washing and God knows what else.

Hordes of them all over the beach concession lady for Coconuts today with her politely saying they are 50 Baht each with them time after time saying 3 for 100.....in the end I stood up and politely said to them they are 50 Baht EACH either buy them or go somewhere else...... Good 12 of them now handing over their 50 Bahts. Embarrassing for all around. Italian guy besides me said well done mate.

I blame Social Media.

But come on,   its all still there.

just dig a bit deeper,  the sex tourist is not a dying breed in

pattaya , 

Despite what the pretend,  squeaky clean will have you believe on Tv.

Happy Dipping in the Honey pot  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Cirencester said:

Yes Ive got older

I think you said it right there.

Fings ain't wot they used to be?

Same say Eastbourne is still nice. They promise no hassle with the price of your coconuts there.

Cyprus is quite good, good weather all year round, a bit cooler in December and January, the people are friendly and most speak English. Although GBP has fallen in relation to the Baht the fall in relation to the Euro is far less. Not too expensive to stay here if you rent for a year ... I'm spending less money here than in Thailand. 

i just left pattaya after 10 years and am back in nz. surprised how little i miss it. will still visit every year though. i might enjoy it more in moderation. soi boucow was ok before i left but i spent most of my time at the rompo beer bars. cheap beer, a range of food and can find the odd pretty as long as you walk around all the bars.

16 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

it depends what you're looking for but if you think Pattaya has changed I think you'd be in for an even bigger shock in Spain or Greece as well with even more changes to come.

Pattaya isn't the only coastal resort in Southeast Asia. Why not try Sihanoukville in Cambodia or Nha Trang in Vietnam before taking such a drastic step such as going to Europe?

Europe ain't that bad......., problem with Spain especially the coastal resorts, it's full of British Chavs.....

Yes Ive got older but as far as Girls go I'm still a handsome man on the basis the quality of guys left is close to appalling.

Is that the shared opnion of the girls in Pattaya? Some foreigners would take office regardless of your looks?

Just kidding, but it helps to get your priorities clear. Decide what is really important in your life and go from there.

Depends what you want from the place and yes, everything was better years ago when you were younger. If I didn't already live in SE Asia I'm not sure I'd fly across the world to visit Pattaya - Southern Spain or a Greek Island would do nicely. I live in Phnom Penh and like visiting Pattaya because its basically Benidorm in Asia - its a home from home - and paradise compared to this godforesaken country.

19 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i just left pattaya after 10 years and am back in nz. surprised how little i miss it. will still visit every year though. i might enjoy it more in moderation. soi boucow was ok before i left but i spent most of my time at the rompo beer bars. cheap beer, a range of food and can find the odd pretty as long as you walk around all the bars.

I've been here 10 yrs too and when I mention coming back to NZ (KatiKati) to my mates over there they put me off with rising prices----cars houses food---- so I think I stay where I am,and I am happy

2 minutes ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Depends what you want from the place and yes, everything was better years ago when you were younger. If I didn't already live in SE Asia I'm not sure I'd fly across the world to visit Pattaya - Southern Spain or a Greek Island would do nicely. I live in Phnom Penh and like visiting Pattaya because its basically Benidorm in Asia - its a home from home - and paradise compared to this godforesaken country.

You don't say.

I always see posts on this forum that Cambodia is soooo much better.

2 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

I've been here 10 yrs too and when I mention coming back to NZ (KatiKati) to my mates over there they put me off with rising prices----cars houses food---- so I think I stay where I am,and I am happy

i probably would have stayed in thailand but my son turned 5 and i dont want him or my daughter growing up in there. nz is actually quite cheap to live as long as you are not paying off an expensive car or house. many goods have not gone up in price since i left 20 years ago. i just bought some jeans. 30NZ$. thats what i would have paid for them 20 years ago. i dont eat out here, thats also crazy expensive. can get a girl off the net here for about 3000thb but i am not so sure i am going to try that here.

3 minutes ago, Allstars said:

You don't say.

I went last year to check it out.  Phnom Penh, Snooky, Kampot.  PP is a mess.  Great if you like cheap drugs.  I wasn't impressed.  Snooky was fair, but small and the beach area is really spread out along a dirt road.  OK, but just.  Kampot was nice, but very small.  Not much to do.  Health care is a big deal.  You get sick or hurt, you are in trouble there.  Corruption is way worse, trash is everywhere, as are drugs.  We had a guy OD in the hotel next to us.  Found the body after it'd been there for quite a few days.  Right next to us!  Yuck.

Not for me.

9 minutes ago, Allstars said:

You don't say.

Yes, there's a lot of BS talked on this forum about Cambodia. Mainly by people who've been here on a visa run, stayed by the riverside in PP and are impresssed that you can get a beer for 75 cents. The truth is that its an awful place to live, particularly Phnom Penh - the rents are expensive and the properties are dirty and poorly maintained to start with. Cambodians are the greediest, laziest people on the planet. Sihanoukville is also an incredibly boring place for a holiday.

16 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

Pattaya new plaza (opposite soi 7, other side of 2nd road) is maybe something for you .... cheaper anyway. :-)

Never understood this idea that New Plaza is cheap.

Alcohol/Beer (if that is what we are talking about) is cheaper in other areas , like in Soi 7 itself for starters.

2 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Nah.

Stay here a bit longer,  you will be enlightened  :jap:

He's actually right.  My friend opened a factory there.  The stories he tells are unreal.  Like going back 30 years here in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Nah.

Stay here a bit longer,  you will be enlightened  :jap:

Lived in Thailand for 4 years before Cambodia. The Cambodians are in a different league to the Thai's when it comes to corruption, greed, and idleness - partly due to their reliance/dependence on foreign aid from gullible western governments.

17 hours ago, Cirencester said:

Changed beyond all recognition in last 25 years.

What country hasn't changed in the last 25 years----

Yer I am sure the exchange rate is knocking a lot of Brits around--- hope it improves soon for them....(oh and also for me I get 850 Baht a week old age pension)..its the only country that was good enough to give me a pension.

I don't think the Cambodians are organized enough

to beat Thailand when it comes to

Greed and Corruption.

Thailand is a well maintained and oiled machine.

But hey,   if you guys say so,  that's fine by me.

Edited by onemorechang