Calling it a day on Pattaya....

Cirencester

3 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Have to agree with you . I had taken a wide birth (wife is not a fan) of Pattaya for ten years , coming back I couldn't believe how downhill the women have become . They are mostly in their 30s stretch marks all

over the place and certainly the Runts of the litter . They are no where near the standards they were 15 years ago ! Thai women are still stunners in other parts of ??  just not in the bar game anymore , which is a good thing I guess . 

Yeah well times have changed in 15 to 25 years.  Anyone who thinks a bar is now the best place to meet the prettiest girls is living in the past.  There are actually some bars that rotate some great young girls from the outskirts.  Bring them in for a few months. But you have to know where to go.

Soi 6 is still great in my opinion met a hot 22 year old there last night.  100's of sweet young girls just on that SOi around 11 pm. But if you know what you are doing in the modern world the internet, various social websites, etc., there are 100's if not 1000's of girls to meet.  It is so easy many pretty sexy ladies.  Too many fortunately,  wish I had more time to meet all of them.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yeah well times have changed in 15 to 25 years.  Anyone who thinks a bar is now the best place to meet the prettiest girls is living in the past.  There are actually some bars that rotate some great young girls from the outskirts.  Bring them in for a few months. But you have to know where to go.

Soi 6 is still great in my opinion met a hot 22 year old there last night.  100's of sweet young girls just on that SOi around 11 pm. But if you know what you are doing in the modern world the internet, various social websites, etc., there are 100's if not 1000's of girls to meet.  It is so easy many pretty sexy ladies.  Too many fortunately,  wish I had more time to meet all of them.

u shriveled prune. guava. not ripe old fruit.

On 3/29/2017 at 2:34 PM, chrisandsu said:

Have to agree with you . I had taken a wide birth (wife is not a fan) of Pattaya for ten years , coming back I couldn't believe how downhill the women have become . They are mostly in their 30s stretch marks all

over the place and certainly the Runts of the litter . They are no where near the standards they were 15 years ago ! Thai women are still stunners in other parts of ??  just not in the bar game anymore , which is a good thing I guess . 

I believe the good lookers are probably advertising on the internet. Bypassing the whole boring sitting in a bar pretending to be interested in some guy that may not even take them out for the night.

Mind you, most of them ( in bars ) seemed more interested in their phones than the prospective customers last time I was there.

On 3/28/2017 at 2:54 PM, AlexRRR said:

Mate you have changed...thats all there is to it...Pattaya still ticks on weather your there or not, looking back well...just turn on your favourite gold radio station that keeps on pumping out your favourite 40 year old songs...

People in general dont want to change and expect everything to stand still....well the fact is we do change we just dont notice it certainly not in music tastes thats for sure, embrace it and look beyond, you might need a solid relationship....

Yes change happens regardless, but there is good and bad change. Pattaya has gone down the not so good change path, IMO.

They could have made it better, but instead they have kept all the bad stuff and built rubbish like the Bali Hi carpark, the marina, and the horrid beach walkway.

On 20/03/2017 at 1:24 AM, robertthebruce said:

Europe ain't that bad......., problem with Spain especially the coastal resorts, it's full of British Chavs.....

Ain't the Brit chaps in Pattaya no more then?

On 29/03/2017 at 5:57 AM, bkk6060 said:

I think you may need a bit more cash to go on that spree 

On 31/03/2017 at 10:44 AM, Oceanbat said:

Amazed how many people who comment on Thai visa say "I'm (insert age) but don't look it". Or look better now than 25 years ago. It certainly doesn't tie in with my observations of "older" foreigners living here.

OB

Why do you observe old foreigners and then take the time to discuss it online?

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I think you may need a bit more cash to go on that spree 

Sure, but that wasn't the point.  The dude was complaining about all the ugly old ladies now in Pattaya.  Not my observation, but I don't hang out in old lady bars.

5 minutes ago, Oceanbat said:

You don't notice people when you are walking around? Perhaps you are one of said decrepit individuals with poor eyesight.

OB

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Not just yet thanks few years away from that. Just a thought. So these people who look younger than they are; you think they hang around in an absolute dive like Pattaya and stay young looking or perhaps the alcohol ravaged insecure and self serving "Lords of sleazy thailand" (L.O.S.T) are just a bunch of old under endowed hasbeens who are attracted to the cheap booze cheap girls and cheap lifestyle that the city is known for. I doubt they look young and if you are young what's your excuse for being there I wonder. 

19 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I doubt they look young and if you are young what's your excuse for being there I wonder. 

lol they are a lot of young guys around that have no problem pulling 24/7 back home but pattaya takes it to a new level of fun as my 17 year half thai lad knows, who is surrounded by girls 24/7 in the uk but cannot wait for this june back in pattaya

On April 9, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Chivas said:

lol they are a lot of young guys around that have no problem pulling 24/7 back home but pattaya takes it to a new level of fun as my 17 year half thai lad knows, who is surrounded by girls 24/7 in the uk but cannot wait for this june back in pattaya

will call bs. nobody pays if they dont have to and patts is purely pay for play.

7 hours ago, JimCrane said:

will call bs. nobody pays if they dont have to and patts is purely pay for play.

In general, you are probably right, but I have a friend who would rather pay a pro.  His perspective is he "pays them to go away."

21 hours ago, JimCrane said:

what.....??

nowhere in the world can you be surrounded with naked girls if you like that sort of thing even if you're brad pitt at his best

my 17 year half thai boy yeah gets hit on back home and christ knows how many times ive been called up his school over girls but theres nowhere in the world that can entertain to massive levels of fun like pattaya and in addition who said he was paying for anything

On 4/8/2017 at 8:35 PM, Rc2702 said:

Not just yet thanks few years away from that. Just a thought. So these people who look younger than they are; you think they hang around in an absolute dive like Pattaya and stay young looking or perhaps the alcohol ravaged insecure and self serving "Lords of sleazy thailand" (L.O.S.T) are just a bunch of old under endowed hasbeens who are attracted to the cheap booze cheap girls and cheap lifestyle that the city is known for. I doubt they look young and if you are young what's your excuse for being there I wonder. 

LOL.  If not rich and a Brad Pitt lookalike, a western guy is unlikely to get any back home regardless, unless paying out loads more on dinners etc than any Pattaya lady would ask.

The only reason Pattaya doesn't have loads more young guys is that most don't make enough money to be doing so.

On 3/26/2017 at 2:29 AM, JimCrane said:

I got pretty depressed living in a condo in hot weather which led to sleeping until afternoon daily and not doing much since it was so hot outside. If I drink the night before it's even worse.

but having an outdoor area or bigger place I am much happier. The minute I step outside my mood improves. If there are no loud Thais there or noise it improves even more. 

i have been to many poor countries and have found that the local population are typically 'energy suckers'. that is, they are needy in one way or another and if you a long termer it's going to effect you. tourist locations are the worst. your in pattaya with a city full of whores and scumbags who definately quality as needing something from you the minute you step outside. the tuk tuk, taxi and other invasive tout scum, which in thailand is not that bad compared to other locations, can really drain you as their energy does enter even if completely ignored, especially long term.

one symptom of the 'energy sucking' taking effect is wanting to isolate, which results in low energy and fatigue because your isolating and staying inside, especially if your on a small budget. isolation can lead to depression and even suicide. alcohol makes things worse and accelerates the process but appears to help the isolation while your drinking.

This is a pretty good summary. After getting bombarded 24/7 by the touts wanting your money, you search for that secluded place where you can be left alone. It's ironic that most people come to Thailand to get away from everything, but the whole time they are here, they are hounded even more. Thailand becomes a puzzle of how to reach that one last place you can be left alone, but it all seems the same no matter where you go. Typically an island or other remote area is your only option.  I guess the movie "The Beach" was really on to something.

• 3 months later...
On 4/13/2017 at 4:39 AM, Crowes said:

This is a pretty good summary. After getting bombarded 24/7 by the touts wanting your money, you search for that secluded place where you can be left alone. It's ironic that most people come to Thailand to get away from everything, but the whole time they are here, they are hounded even more. Thailand becomes a puzzle of how to reach that one last place you can be left alone, but it all seems the same no matter where you go. Typically an island or other remote area is your only option.  I guess the movie "The Beach" was really on to something.

The topic is: "calling it a day on Pattaya". I don't believe he's leaving because of touts. They've always been around. Why would anyone who hates touts settle in Pattaya to begin with?  

On 3/26/2017 at 2:29 PM, JimCrane said:

i have been to many poor countries and have found that the local population are typically 'energy suckers'. that is, they are needy in one way or another and if you a long termer it's going to effect you. . . .  the tuk tuk, taxi and other invasive tout scum, which in thailand is not that bad compared to other locations, can really drain you as their energy does enter even if completely ignored, especially long term.

one symptom of the 'energy sucking' taking effect is wanting to isolate, which results in low energy and fatigue because your isolating and staying inside, especially if your on a small budget. isolation can lead to depression and even suicide. alcohol makes things worse and accelerates the process but appears to help the isolation while your drinking.

Seems some sort of energy drink is called for here. Maybe check the thyroid levels etc.

After a while the touts are just part of the wallpaper, hardly notice 'em myself. Energy levels just fine, workout at least 5 days a week. Million places to go that don't have touts. What with Skype, Line, and of course TVF you're never alone even in your fleabag hotel room on Soi Buakhao unless you wanna be.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:57 AM, 4737 Carlin said:

Yes, there's a lot of BS talked on this forum about Cambodia. Mainly by people who've been here on a visa run, stayed by the riverside in PP and are impresssed that you can get a beer for 75 cents. The truth is that its an awful place to live, particularly Phnom Penh - the rents are expensive and the properties are dirty and poorly maintained to start with. Cambodians are the greediest, laziest people on the planet. Sihanoukville is also an incredibly boring place for a holiday.

thats not true, beers are 50c next street back. but seriously, theres very nice apartments here for good prices if you hunt around a bit, and who cares what the natives are like, its not like Im employing them or anything, unless its to drive a tuktuk and they do the job fine. I find it quite relaxing here, but each to their own