Change of address

I know that thbis subject have been going on for a long time in many many threads.... I am however not 100% sure how it works and what the rules de facto are.

Is there a specific place, like a police-order where i can read about this, or can someone help me out with information. I mean for me staying here on a yearly extensions (retirement),

a - If I am going, lets say down to Ban Phae for a week. Do I have to report anything while down there? Or do I report (TM28) when I come back again to my home town in northeast? Where do i report?

b - If I am here on just a tourist-VISA/Non O-VISA, do i repoirt all movements?

c - Is there a difference in the conditions of reporting if I am having different VISASA or extensions?

I feel a bit lost I must say, so sorry to ask this again...

Glegolo

a. According to the immigration yes. But in reality no since it is not enforced since it is for all intents and purposes not enforceable.

b.Same as a.

c. no

The only way immigration would even be able to know of your movements is if a hotel reported you by doing a TM30 form but to know that your local immigration office would have to access the database where those reports are kept. The majority of immigration offices will not bother to check because they don't care.

Doing right with this address reporting is sometimes difficult to solve.

I've been renting an apartment in BKK for well over a decade.

Landlord had initially asked a copy of my passport so he must have done a TM 30.

This is the address I give on my TM 6 after returning from overseas trips and to the Chaeng Wattana Immigration when I extend my stay permit.

I've also been renting a studio in Pattaya for many years.

There too the landlord has done a TM 30.

Pattaya and then Jomtien is where I've done my 90-day reporting for ever.

Pattaya is also the address on my Driver's Permit.

Things are going to be interesting soon as I've just left Pattaya for good and in a week or so I'll go live with my TGF in her new house (my money !) in Ubon. I'll keep my apart in BKK as I did when I was staying in Pattaya.

TGF knows already that she'll have to do a TM 30 as soon as I arrive.

Now will the good people at the Sirindhorn Immigration office (100 km from Ubon !) also request a TM 28 I don't know but initially I don't intend to do more than the TM 30.

4 hours ago, glegolo said:

I know that thbis subject have been going on for a long time in many many threads.... I am however not 100% sure how it works and what the rules de facto are.

Is there a specific place, like a police-order where i can read about this, or can someone help me out with information. I mean for me staying here on a yearly extensions (retirement),

a - If I am going, lets say down to Ban Phae for a week. Do I have to report anything while down there? Or do I report (TM28) when I come back again to my home town in northeast? Where do i report?

b - If I am here on just a tourist-VISA/Non O-VISA, do i repoirt all movements?

c - Is there a difference in the conditions of reporting if I am having different VISASA or extensions?

I feel a bit lost I must say, so sorry to ask this again...

Glegolo

Enjoy your stay, wherever you go. Do not be afraid.

Afraid maybe is not the correct word. But must admit that still after 9 years here full time, I am still, lets say, worried...

But you guys have eased my mind now so all good. Many thanks all of you. Great to have a place where you can learn and ask questions..

Glegolo