Video: Security guard beats woman colleague - but no man lifts a finger to help

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well what do you expect from men here, most of them are spineless.

Only brave when the odds are 6 to 1.

Exactly, singly they are not men,  only in a crowd. false, sense of security.

Let me guess, Three persons - one in gray uniform (apparently the more senior of the 3), and two guards in black (one cowardly male, and a woman who was beaten up). There is some cultural aspect here - that Pee - Nong thing.  Pee or the more senior ones have higher stature over the Nong (junior personnel).  A Nong would almost NEVER stand up against a Pee - which was in full view in the video.  Good thing the video camera was there to record this incident. His a s s (gray shirt) is grass. Cherio...

4 minutes ago, toybits said:

Let me guess, Three persons - one in gray uniform (apparently the more senior of the 3), and two guards in black (one cowardly male, and a woman who was beaten up). There is some cultural aspect here - that Pee - Nong thing.  Pee or the more senior ones have higher stature over the Nong (junior personnel).  A Nong would almost NEVER stand up against a Pee - which was in full view in the video.  Good thing the video camera was there to record this incident. His a s s (gray shirt) is grass. Cherio...

Good post. There has to be a back story here. Of course, the behaviour of the attacker cannot be justified. There must have been something to set this guy off.

Security firms here are usually run by military and police and the culture of in-house disciplining using violence is strong. Often the supervisor is a sergeant figure.

I very much doubt this is the first time he has laid into a woman with his fists.

I wish I hadn't watched it.

I wonder where it is in Sri Racha. Maybe a factory.

6 hours ago, onemorechang said:

What a nasty vicious attack.

Animal behaviour,     hope he gets fired for that.  :bah:

and a good kicking from her friends.

Gets fired? What about charged and jailed?!!! And why is it up to her friends to seek justice for her? Surely the video evidence is enough to get him fired, charged and incarcerated. If not, what sort of country is this?!!

54 minutes ago, AdamRich said:

If the woman was beating the man who would have lifted a finger to help him and what would this comments section be like? 

Yes.

Please provide video of a woman acting in exactly the same circumstances in the same scenario [angry at someone else but too cowardly to fight them] so we can do so.

Edited by Bluespunk

Yes- what type of country is this where men can beat up women with impunity- the only reason this man may be disciplined is that there is a video.  I am not even sure he will lose his job unless the Company is named.  Surly not going to court or jail- possibly 500-1000 Baht fine. I even doubt the woman will file a complaint. She wants to keep her job and knows the way the power system works in Thailand. The longer I live here, the more repugnant some portions of this culture have become.

Oh good the Thai police are investigating.  How much investigation does it take to arrest this guy?  They have him on film beating on a woman.  Perhaps they will follow the lead of that police chief and take a month to think about why they are not arresting him immediately. 

1 hour ago, AdamRich said:

If the woman was beating the man who would have lifted a finger to help him and what would this comments section be like? 

If my grandma had wheels, she would be a bus...

29 minutes ago, Spock said:

Gets fired? What about charged and jailed?!!! And why is it up to her friends to seek justice for her? Surely the video evidence is enough to get him fired, charged and incarcerated. If not, what sort of country is this?!!

You don't know Thailand very well do you.

But hope all you said comes to him. :jap:

16 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

Obviously you have not lived here long enough Spock!!! The law of the jungle prevails here. After all, it is a jungle with poorly erected condos everywhere. Not so?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

No harm in seeing what is but wishing it were otherwise, is there? Someone here has to keep their moral wits about them. Of course, given the omission of values and fairness from Thai moral and ethical practice, championing the cause of the underclass and powerless is hardly a rewarding pursuit. But someone has to do it.

7 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Maybe you are right. I've kind of given up hope that this kind of thuggery will end ; in fact it seems to be getting even more prevalent. Disgusting and disgraceful.

I don't think it's getting more prevalent, I think it's always been the Thai culture to behave in this manner.
The fact is now with social media as it is & the ease of which to capture & spread the attacks is why we are seeing more.

Maybe just maybe Thai authorities will do justice for the women & put this thug out of the way.

One of the things I learned here is that you NEVER interfere when Thais are fighting!

If you interfere either one or maybe both will turn against you and if one has a gun, maybe you are the one that will be shot or even killed....

So just walk away - NOT your problem, let the Thais sort it out themselves......

The last poster raises a good point- as a foreigner- interfering in a fight maybe seen very negatively.  If it was man against man I would not interfere- however, in this case a well stated enough or stop- may have made the point. You would need to say it in Thai.  

Well this low life not only attacked a woman but didn't have the balls to confront the person who caused the problem, a man , so that says it all about Thai men. Where I come from you just don't !! raise your hand to a woman period ... Thai men are lucky they don't have to fight wars as it seems clear what these cowards would do then . 

They have zero respect for woman and it show she how easy they walk from responsibilities like paying for the kids they father . 

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Horrible. Don't know how people can stand around like that. It's one guy. And I don't wanna hear about how it's the culture and you don't get involved. This is simply wrong and wrong always trumps the 'culture' card.

Few days ago I was walking on the pavement and I saw the coffee lady give her 2 year old kid 20 baht to take over to another vendor. The kid was walking close to a busy road so I stood to the left of the kid. I shouted at the lady not to leave her young kid to walk by the road. People looked at me like I was some kind of social reprobate. I'd like to think someone saw and agreed with me. 

If you live in thailand,Then you understand why.The guy looked more senior in his uniform.Most proberbly connected higher up.Get involved.And you might end up with a bullet in your head.Welcome to thailand.If i was in my country,I would never get involved either.stopped a guy once hitting a women.The women turned on me.

As much as I like Thai people- there are certain character flaws that are not flattering- one being the male treatment of women and the utter irresponsible nature that seems to exist everywhere. Thai men refuse to accept financial responsibility for their offspring and most people refuse to accept the fact that certain behavior is wrong and cannot accept fault or even say they are sorry..  I believe part of this flaw is a result of the 'loss of face' culture that exists. This is one of the reasons foreigners and Thai marriages fail so often.