Honda PCX rear disk brakes

JameszBond

Hello,

I have bought new PCX a few months ago and i am satisfied with the bike overall but the one thing that i don't really like about this bike is rear brakes. It's pretty weak and useless on high speeds. I was wondering if there are options to install rear disk brakes, same as the ones in front. If so, any recommendations on the certain shops that do quality work will be appretiated. Area - Bangkok, Pattaya.

Thank you in advance.

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Mine will lock the wheel up. Any more power useless.

Tried to adjust the breaking cord tension (the one on the left side of the rear wheel's axis) and it worked. But still i need to press the lever with force in order to lock the wheel. I mean at least 3 fingers will do the job unlike 1 on the front disk brake. Would be much more convenient to have both brakes disk.

Will try to contact local bike shops to check if they can offer some options. 

I was also wondering if it's possible to turn off combi brake. I really hate that it applies brake to my front wheel in unnecessary situations. Almost fell off the bike once when was breaking on the dusty road.

Maybe you bought the wrong bike, for what you want to do with it or need something with more wheels?????
Safe riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Maybe you bought the wrong bike, for what you want to do with it or need something with more wheels?????
Safe riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe.

I didn't know combi brake is such an inconvenient feature :)

I also really like smart key and at the moment of purchase only honda was offering this.