general medical doctor in Pattaya

GeKoSc

Hi everybody,  I am new to Pattaya and I will need to visit a general medical doctor in Pattaya who also considers alternative medicine and treatments. He/She should be able to communicate in one of the following languages: English, German or Spanish. All your suggestions are welcome.

just to give you a few impressions,

what are the problems ?

many doctors did not take part in an udpate education,

they conserve the status quo of the education, when they finished their study.

The effect is, that their skills are often on the information level on that time.

So, in case, you are looking for up to date treatments, I would recommend a young doctor of the big private hospitals.

In case, you are looking for a doctor, who is practising old traditional chinese medicine,

I would say, that you ask in an herb shop in the china town of Bkk,

but you know, that tiger products are confiscated their as well.

The fear, to speak with an undercover NGO activist,

is the reason, that you will not get information very easy.

a general medical doctor in Pattaya who also considers alternative medicine and treatments. He/She should be able to communicate in one of the following languages: English, German or Spanish. 

A general doctor that speaks English will be in any private hospital. You will need your passport to register.

Your chances of one that considers alternative medicine is, IMO, nil. 

Do not expect your Dr to speak with you as one would where ever you are from. In my experience of a few hospital visits, they are like Euro Drs from 50 years ago, and never explain or discuss.

If you know a Thai, there are clinics that are staffed by more sympathetic Drs, but they may not speak any of your desired languages, and without a Thai you would never find them anyway.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do not expect your Dr to speak with you as one would where ever you are from. In my experience of a few hospital visits, they are like Euro Drs from 50 years ago, and never explain or discuss.

I find that one can have a conversion with some of them (not all). As always in Thailand it's all a question of finding the right doctor/dentist/technician/barber/pool-man/what-have-you. Where they work seems to be much less important.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

a general medical doctor in Pattaya who also considers alternative medicine and treatments. He/She should be able to communicate in one of the following languages: English, German or Spanish. 

A general doctor that speaks English will be in any private hospital. You will need your passport to register.

Your chances of one that considers alternative medicine is, IMO, nil. 

If you know a Thai, there are clinics that are staffed by more sympathetic Drs, but they may not speak any of your desired languages, and without a Thai you would never find them anyway.

I've had plenty of useful discussions in English with various doctors at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, including their general doctors.

But not about alternative medicine.

2 hours ago, moonseeker said:

http://www.dr-olivier-clinic.com/

If you have insurance, it will help :-)  Regards.  MS>

Right on. Dr. Olivier has been practising in Pattaya for ages. He speaks English, French, German and Thai.

A further benefit is: He is a Farang and knows how Farang Patients "tick". He is not cheap but still less expensive than a Doctor at Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital (as I was informed).

Cheers.

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

I caught 2 Bangkok Hospital Pattaya doctors trying to rip me off. They told me that my sinuses were being eaten away, and that I must have emergency surgery. My bs alarm went off, I got a second opinion at Chiang Mai Ram Hospital, and my suspicions were confirmed. It turned out that I had a persistent common cold.

I just do not believe this, there is no way,no way at all on gods given earth would anyone,especially doctors,and at that BKK hospital doctors would stoop so low

20 minutes ago, teddog said:

I just do not believe this, there is no way,no way at all on gods given earth would anyone,especially doctors,and at that BKK hospital doctors would stoop so low

I do believe that some doctors here would say you have an invasive cellulose object that requires surgical intervention to your phalanges when in fact all you have is a splinter in your finger.

I also believe that these doctors will feel, rightly or wrongly, that they are in some way under orders from, or obliged by, their hospital to do this.

15 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

I caught 2 Bangkok Hospital Pattaya doctors trying to rip me off. They told me that my sinuses were being eaten away, and that I must have emergency surgery. My bs alarm went off, I got a second opinion at Chiang Mai Ram Hospital, and my suspicions were confirmed. It turned out that I had a persistent common cold.

Whew! Not the cocaine then.

On 3/24/2017 at 0:28 AM, swissie said:

Right on. Dr. Olivier has been practising in Pattaya for ages. He speaks English, French, German and Thai.

A further benefit is: He is a Farang and knows how Farang Patients "tick". He is not cheap but still less expensive than a Doctor at Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital (as I was informed).

Cheers.

I tried him once ,sorry but not impressed 

Archived