Anti drink driving campaign urges Thai motorists to fit dash cams ahead of Songkran holidays to "help lower road accidents"

webfact

Anti drink driving campaign urges Thai motorists to fit dash cams ahead of Songkran holidays to "help lower road accidents"

3am.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The head of Thailand's anti drink driving foundation has said that the fitting of dash cams can help lower the number of accidents on the Thai roads.

Dr Thaejing Siriphanit has urged Thai motorists to fit the cameras to their vehicles in advance of the holidays, Sanook reported.

Explaining the move he said that the cameras helped to put pressure on people through the internet and social media to drive more responsible.

Footage was uploaded quickly, he said, and the naming and shaming of people could help with improving driving standards.

He also said that the cameras were also excellent as an extra pair of eyes and ears for the understaffed police in resolving accident disputes and in evidence gathering.

With this in mind he said that a fair has been set up in Pathumwan, Bangkok, on April 1st and 2nd where half a dozen leading manufacturers of dash cams from China would be selling reliable products at cheap prices.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-21

This guy got the dash cam concept all wrong here, this is a good an idea

of putting rubber band on your wallet to prevent you from spending money,

the answer is more police presence with breathalyzers and immediate revocation

of licenses and vehicle confiscations......

The sad truth is

Thailand's Authorities hide behind the Drunk driving issue.

But,    Bad , Dangerous , Selfish, Murderous Driving /Riding  is the real problem.

Its just convenient to blame the road deaths and accidents in Thailand

all on drunk Driving / Riding

Yes Drunk Driving / Riding is an issue,   but its not the big Issue.

Truly a third world nation on the Roads.

The people of Thailand  should be ashamed of themselves with the way they  behave on the roads. :bah:

Edited by onemorechang

"The head of Thailand's anti drink driving foundation has said that the fitting of dash cams can help lower the number of accidents on the Thai roads."

How can he expect Thais to figure out how to use dash cams when they haven't mastered the use of rear view/side view mirrors (They aren't there to check your make up, and if your hair is messed up? Really?)  and turn signals?

They will most likely turn the cam around so they can watch themselves as they are driving. In the end, they will help cause more road crashes.

Edited by jaltsc

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Right so I install a dash cam and everyone around me is suddenly going to adopt a calm rational mind set, respect other road user and obey the road rules.  Tell him his dreaming, nothing will change.

you need to paint your camera a bright color or no one will know you have it. once they see you have it they will modify their behavior.

Breaking Research in Thailand. Dash cams stop idiots from speeding, drunk driving, driving without seat belts, driving using phone, riding without helmets, being inconsiderate etc. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

With this in mind he said that a fair has been set up in Pathumwan, Bangkok, on April 1st and 2nd where half a dozen leading manufacturers of dash cams from China would be selling reliable products at cheap prices.

of which I will pocket 5% of all sales.:cheesy:

2 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"The head of Thailand's anti drink driving foundation has said that the fitting of dash cams can help lower the number of accidents on the Thai roads."

How can he expect Thais to figure out how to use dash cams when they haven't mastered the use of rear view/side view mirrors (They aren't there to check your make up, and if your hair is messed up? Really?)  and turn signals?

They will most likely turn the cam around so they can watch themselves as they are driving. In the end, they will help cause more road crashes.

a dashcam over a phone would only make a significant reduction 

And he also states...."naming and shaming....." so by this statement the driver of the offending vehicle that has been "dash-cammed" will have his name plus his car rego number posted on social media...right!!...how the hell is anybody going to get the ACTUAL drivers name......thats if the Chinese made cams actually work 

Roll on Songkran...let's see if Thailand can break last years Songkran road death toll......if it broken all those who rushed in to buy a dashcam following this "dash cam promotion" should be entitled to a refund.....

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

This guy got the dash cam concept all wrong here, this is a good an idea

of putting rubber band on your wallet to prevent you from spending money,

the answer is more police presence with breathalyzers and immediate revocation

of licenses and vehicle confiscations......

Probably plenty of cops. Just need some that actually do their jobs.

First thing I'd do is get them out of those spandex solar panel uniforms & put them in baggy khaki (beige) uniforms.

I know I'd stay inside all day if I had to wear super tight, dark brown clothes in the tropics.

Surely with the dash cam may not help up but with it installed in my vehicle definitely work.

If a traffic accident happen, normally both parties will start to argue and only little will amit they are wrong as the dash cam may help us to proof it. As sometime, because we are the foreigner driver (communication issue). We can show the cam to the police officer to protect ourselves as sometimes we know that local side local.

There is few time, I been stopped in the police stop and when the policeman talking to me saw my dash cam, he just told me to carry on my way. In the pass without the cam, they will question a lot of thing like; where you come from, can we make friend, can I have your contact number, can you b.............

My advice is better to have it installed just in cause.

Edited by Anthony Loh

1 minute ago, leither69 said:

How does it reduce the death rate?

Definitely the dash cam can't reduce death or save a life. As accident is cause by human attitude, weather, road conditions, vehicle condition and many many........