FBI head confirms Russia election probe, says Moscow backed Trump

webfact

47 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You are trolling if you say this is BS.  It's not.  It's a huge story and proven by the many ongoing investigations.

Yes, the CIA, along with intelligence services from MANY other countries, try to influence elections in other countries all the time.  But that's another topic.  As for this one, it's not BS and for us Americans, it's a big deal.  Sorry it's not so important in your country.  And guaranteed, your country does not have more transparency than other countries.  No way.

According to "transparency international", Australia has slipped six positions, to languish at 13th on the transparency index.... out of 176 countries.

yours is at 18th.... my comment was "more transparent"... not "totally transparent".... "or most transparent", but then, I was unaware of australias shameful slip from 7th place, perhaps because I've been here too long.

but either way, your guarantee just flew out the window.... and I'm guessing your a democrat.... good luck with your straw, although I reckon it will break :sorry:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, farcanell said:

According to "transparency international", Australia has slipped six positions, to languish at 13th on the transparency index.... out of 176 countries.

yours is at 18th.... my comment was "more transparent"... not "totally transparent".... "or most transparent", but then, I was unaware of australias shameful slip from 7th place, perhaps because I've been here too long.

but either way, your guarantee just flew out the window.... and I'm guessing your a democrat.... good luck with your straw, although I reckon it will break :sorry:

Sorry Australia slipped 6 positions.  Year to year variations are not as important as the general level a country maintains for many years.  Australia has always done quite well.  The US being just a few points behind.  Basically, each country has about the same level of transparency.  No significant difference.  My guarantee stands.

I'm an independent.  Don't like either party.  Wrong guess.

21 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I think the correct comparison in this case is between USA 18th and Russia 131st. There is a huge difference.

https://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016

45 minutes ago, simple1 said:

President Trump’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad Twitter day

“With the House Intelligence Committee on Monday prepared to hold hearings on Russian influence in the 2016 election, the president issued tweets that did not hold up well as the testimony unfolded.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/03/20/president-trumps-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-twitter-day/?

That read like some of the topics on this forum.

The head of the FBI will not provide any testimony that definitively leads to any evidence that could allow the absence of reasonable doubt. Nothing will be brought forward to lead to trial or any legal action threatening an impeachment process.

This ain't gonna happen guys.

You'll get a lot of 'there is a possibility of this or that', leaving anyone who had an opinion prior to the investigation to think they were right all along.

Political Butt Covering 101.

You're wasting your time giving a hoot about it, or any supposed facts contained within. 

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

On 3/21/2017 at 9:38 PM, Ramen087 said:

The head of the FBI will not provide any testimony that definitively leads to any evidence that could allow the absence of reasonable doubt. Nothing will be brought forward to lead to trial or any legal action threatening an impeachment process.

You'll get a lot of 'there is a possibility of this or that', leaving anyone who had an opinion prior to the investigation to think they were right all along.

You're wasting your time giving a hoot about it, or any supposed facts contained within. 

Posting in bold doesn't add any more value or credence to your baseless, delirious, crystal ball conjecture.

Face it: Your president who you so zealously defend, along with his cronies, 

is under an F.B.I. Counterintelligence investigation authorized by the Dept. of Justice.

I propose that you  are wasting everyone's time posting such unsubstantiated gibberish.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font in quoted post removed.

10 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You are trolling if you say this is BS.  It's not.  It's a huge story and proven by the many ongoing investigations.

Yes, the CIA, along with intelligence services from MANY other countries, try to influence elections in other countries all the time.  But that's another topic.  As for this one, it's not BS and for us Americans, it's a big deal.  Sorry it's not so important in your country.  And guaranteed, your country does not have more transparency than other countries.  No way.

nothing has been proven, at least not yet and not since this investigation started 8 months ago. There is likely little or no proof or there would be fallout by now if there was any collusion or cupability within trump's campaign. Seems like this is going nowhere.

Comy cut off Trumps orange coloured head and pooed right down his thick , jowly neck . Only  a matter of time now before gangrene sets in and puts an end to this electoral nightmare but in the meantime dozens more brushfires will break out. It's not the 'Deep State' doing this but the State. This is how empires fall .....

15 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I would have to ask the same as esprit there.

I am not a political brain, and i rarely comment on political topics.

But my question is, that should it be proved, beyond doubt, that the Russians had a hand in Trump's victory, what would happen? If it can be proved that he knew about this, would this not imply treason.Trump is not a popular president with some people in the U S A.And the only other president that was punished, that i can remember, was Nixon.I take no notice about Americas political comings and goings, but it seems to me that this man tends to say a lot of things, that he pulls out the air, and has accused the Obama of wire tapping telephones, without a single shred of evidence.

He seems to be made of different stuff than other presidents. 

LOL. There is as much evidence for Obama tapping Trump's phone as there is that Trump was directly implicated with Putin trying to get him elected. The only thing that has been "proven" is that the official agencies didn't do it, not that it didn't happen.

If Russia did do the leaking ( by no means proven beyond reasonable doubt so far ) what was Comey et al doing before the election? If it happened and they missed it they should all be fired for incompetence. The can capture every electronic communication in the US, but they couldn't discover the Wiki source- I just don't believe it.

Whatever, IMO Comey et al will suffer in the end. No one PO the Donald and gets away with it. Obama did and his legacy is going down the tube.

1 hour ago, keep it real said:

nothing has been proven, at least not yet and not since this investigation started 8 months ago. There is likely little or no proof or there would be fallout by now if there was any collusion or cupability within trump's campaign. Seems like this is going nowhere.

IMO it is going somewhere. It is part of the media campaign to vilify Trump, so that his unpopularity becomes so bad that the never Trump Republicans dump him. 

If they do so though, IMO, the GOP will be wiped out as Trump supporters punish the GOP at the elections.

2 hours ago, keep it real said:

It has been proven that Russian's did the hack.  What's not been proven is whether it had an impact on the elections or whether Trump and crew had anything connection to the hackers.  That part is coming.  And so far (Flynn, Manafort, etc), it doesn't look good for the Trump crew.

59 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO it is going somewhere. It is part of the media campaign to vilify Trump, so that his unpopularity becomes so bad that the never Trump Republicans dump him. 

If they do so though, IMO, the GOP will be wiped out as Trump supporters punish the GOP at the elections.

There is no media campaign to vilify Trump.  He's doing that on his own and the media are just reporting his bizarre antics. LOL  Trump doesn't need anybody to help him do that.

So far, perhaps the GOP does need to be punished at the next elections.  So far, they've gotten the worst president in the history of the US into office! LOL

21 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Republican Comey is partisan but is objective enough to check into some leads - even though his boss (Trump) could fire him at any moment.  Comey is dragging his feet somewhat.  He acts very reluctant to announce any revelations.  Americans deserve to know whether Trump and his associates did and continue to break laws.   Comey is more concerned about avoiding embarrassment for Trumpsters.

Republican politicians are worse, if that's possible.  They're not just dragging their feet, they're dragging their entire bodies while clutching at the furniture and drapes.  

Republicans aka "reds" are the biggest bunch of hypocrites ever imagined. They are certainly not interested in U.S. democracy as much as their own power hungry/corporate owned party. 

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/19/politics/senate-intelligence-stone-records/index.html

One avenue of interest for the committee could be contacts Stone had with "Guccifer 2.0"-- the online persona who claims responsibility for hacking the Democratic National Committee -- which he characterized as an innocuous "brief exchange" of a few direct messages that he says amount to nothing.

While Stone says his messages to the hacker alias are of no consequence, this is the first time anyone in Trump's orbit has acknowledged any contact with a hacker -- not to mention one that claimed responsibility for hacking the DNC.

On 3/21/2017 at 9:38 PM, Ramen087 said:

And what did Tweetie bird say during the campaign a/b the 2nd amendment? 

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

There is no media campaign to vilify Trump.  He's doing that on his own and the media are just reporting his bizarre antics. LOL  Trump doesn't need anybody to help him do that.

So far, perhaps the GOP does need to be punished at the next elections.  So far, they've gotten the worst president in the history of the US into office! LOL

You obviously haven't been watching the news I have been. Al Jazeera is completely biased against Trump, and the local news here always leaves out bits of his speeches to spin it so Trump looks bad.

The GOP did everything it could to keep Trump out of office. Trump was elected by Americans, not the GOP.

48 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Unfortunately for the Dems, nothing leaked has been proven to be false. Just crying about the leaking isn't enough to say HRC would have won without it. Middle America had had enough of politics as usual and wanted a change. HRC was a very flawed candidate, and IMO deserved to lose. The Dems should have come up with a better person to field for POTUS, then they would have won.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unfortunately for the Dems, nothing leaked has been proven to be false. Just crying about the leaking isn't enough to say HRC would have won without it. Middle America had had enough of politics as usual and wanted a change. HRC was a very flawed candidate, and IMO deserved to lose. The Dems should have come up with a better person to field for POTUS, then they would have won.

She got approx. 3 million more votes than Lying man. 

Just now, selftaopath said:

She got approx. 3 million more votes than Lying man. 

As I have pointed out many times the POTUS isn't elected on a majority vote. It's elected by Electoral College numbers. If people don't like it, go ahead and change the Constitution, but don't moan about it.

If the situation were reversed, none of the people complaining now would be saying Trump should have won.

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's fine, but you can make it normal font before posting it, or just use a larger font if trouble reading.

It isn't easy working on a smaller tablet but I will try to remember to do that. I wasn't attempting to create any greater significance to my posts by adding my posts to the group in bold.  Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Ramen087

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You obviously haven't been watching the news I have been. Al Jazeera is completely biased against Trump, and the local news here always leaves out bits of his speeches to spin it so Trump looks bad.

The GOP did everything it could to keep Trump out of office. Trump was elected by Americans, not the GOP.

Didn't know that Al Jazeera was writing Trump's tweets. Thanks for the tip.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What you call bias is just reporting by MSM on the stupid things Trump Tweets. Just because you don't like what they report doesn't mean they are biased. Trump doesn't give them good stuff to report on!

You are aware that the GOP candidate is selected by the GOP? Not average Americans. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

HRC and the previous elections are not part of this topic.

6 minutes ago, stander said:

This whole "Trump and the Russians" narrative is like building a pig out of turkey sausage.

There are too many connections to dismiss this. One reason Flynn resigned. If there was nothing here, he'd still be part of Trump's administration.  

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

There are too many connections to dismiss this. One reason Flynn resigned. If there was nothing here, he'd still be part of Trump's administration.  

Bringing the Flynn guy into it... Nice! 

Please connect the dots in a post to help me follow the logic.

3 minutes ago, stander said:

The fact that Flynn was in cahoots with Erdogan/Turkey would be enough to scare me away from him and maybe that was the real reason he resigned, since this Russia discussion is, well, nonsense...

Would love to see some proof of this level of collusion between the two men you name. It would be a blockbuster story to set the USA back on its heels. Looking forward to your follow up post on this past event(s).

6 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Would love to see some proof of this level of collusion between the two men you name. It would be a blockbuster story to set the USA back on its heels. Looking forward to your follow up post on this past event(s).

Michael Flynn Was Paid to Represent Turkey’s Interests During Trump Campaign.

"While he did not directly work for the Turkish government, the firm that hired him, Inovo, is owned by a Turkish-American businessman with links to leaders in Ankara and asked him to work on an issue important to the government."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/michael-flynn-turkey.html?_r=0