Tropical storms wreak havoc on at least 18 Thai provinces

webfact

Tropical storms wreak havoc on at least 18 provinces

YASOTHON, 21 March 2017 (NNT) – Tropical storms across the country have resulted in damage to up to 18 provinces with over 300 trees felled in Yasothon alone. 

As many as 11 homes have had their roofs torn off by high winds in Yasothon province, with one rice silo holding over 1 tons of rice reporting its roof being taken off and resulting in heavy damage. Authorities have been dispatched across the province to assess damage and provide aid. 

A similar situation has been reported in Si Sa Ket province, with multiple homes impacted by severe storms and rice stores damaged by moisture or winds. A total 41 homes were observed with damage and households pending assistance from the state. 

Local officials have begun distributing bags of necessities and drinking water to help alleviate the public plight in both Prachinburi and Kalasin provinces. Some groups of residents have been seen banding together to begin repairs to their homes. 

The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation has reported that between March 14 and 20, a total 18 provinces reported impacts from tropical storms with 50 districts and over 3,500 villages affected. So far, the storms have resulted in 3 deaths.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-21

This time last year zero storms/rain in Phetchabun until at least june,this year getting back to more normal usually after very hot days,this causes evaporation which rises and produces storms,this has been normal for most of the time i have been here,last year due to El nino it was not,nothing more romantic than "love in the rain'.,one can even dispense with the lubricant.

5 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

This time last year zero storms/rain in Phetchabun until at least june,this year getting back to more normal usually after very hot days,this causes evaporation which rises and produces storms,this has been normal for most of the time i have been here,last year due to El nino it was not,nothing more romantic than "love in the rain'.,one can even dispense with the lubricant.

I had no idea that evaporation rises and produces storms....! Learn something new every day........

Tropical storm: a tropical cyclone with strong winds of over 39 miles (63 kilometers) per hour but less than hurricane intensity.

I do wish the met department would use the correct terminology. I know these thunder storms are intense, but I'm not buying the 'cyclone'.