Cooler climate in SEA ?

GeKoSc

In SEA, I think there is not a lot of options, but there are a few ones.

• Hanoi (Vietnan) is pleasant most part of the year (town up North has a cooler climate).
  • Bagan and Mandalay (Myanmar) also pretty good climate, can get a little hot during the day, but cool nights.
  • Chiang Rai also cool climate, but only part of the year (Thai winter about 3/4 months only).
  • Luang Praban is cool climate most part of the year (as well other towns in North Laos).

In north of Myanmar you will find very cold climate, but no big cities (the closest and biggest is Mandalay), only small towns and villages and some places are very dangerous.

I like very much Myanmar and I will explore more places there for sure in the coming future, It is a country full of beautiful and hidden places without the exploitation of the tourism, but it can be a bit harsh to travel in such a place, because you depends a lot of transportation, if you have your own transport would be better to travel north Myanmar.

[EDIT] Forgot about cost of living:

• Myanmar - well, believe or not, the most cost country at least for me, specially in the north.
  • Thailand (Chiang Rai) -  is the cheap one I think.
  • Laos - To rent a property in Laos can be a little difficult, because you need a lot of papers, but if you are willing to live in a hotel/guesthouse, I paid 250 Thb /day Total of 10 days in Luang Praban, the hotel offer a monthly based stay (most hotels/guesthouse up there offer similar deals) for equivalent of 6.000 Thb.
  • Vietnan - I paid a little more, because I choose a better place to stay, but for sure it has cheaper places.

All those places has acceptable internet connection and good coffee. However the best coffee and worst internet was in Laos!

Edited by deepcell
adding some more

1 hour ago, deepcell said:

• Hanoi (Vietnan) is pleasant most part of the year (town up North has a cooler climate).
  • Bagan and Mandalay (Myanmar) also pretty good climate, can get a little hot during the day, but cool nights.
  • Chiang Rai also cool climate, but only part of the year (Thai winter about 3/4 months only).
  • Luang Praban is cool climate most part of the year (as well other towns in North Laos).

In north of Myanmar you will find very cold climate, but no big cities (the closest and biggest is Mandalay), only small towns and villages and some places are very dangerous.

I like very much Myanmar and I will explore more places there for sure in the coming future, It is a country full of beautiful and hidden places without the exploitation of the tourism, but it can be a bit harsh to travel in such a place, because you depends a lot of transportation, if you have your own transport would be better to travel north Myanmar.

• Myanmar - well, believe or not, the most cost country at least for me, specially in the north.
  • Laos - To rent a property in Laos can be a little difficult, because you need a lot of papers, but if you are willing to live in a hotel/guesthouse, I paid 250 Thb /day Total of 10 days in Luang Praban, the hotel offer a monthly based stay (most hotels/guesthouse up there offer similar deals) for equivalent of 6.000 Thb.
  • Vietnan - I paid a little more, because I choose a better place to stay, but for sure it has cheaper places.

All those places has acceptable internet connection and good coffee. However the best coffee and worst internet was in Laos!

thank you for this information good to start with...how much do you paid for your upgradet room in Hanoi.... I would prefer places where I can rent a modern apartment with european designs similar as thouse you´ll find in Thailand and good working Internet but general cost of living will be low...please keep me updated in case you will add new data...I also have heard about Baghio in the Philippines but humidity seems to be very high during certain parts of year and security is poor...

In Hanoi I stayed at Hotel Regency in Hom Kiem area, cost was about 2000 Thb /night, the place is definitively in the downtown, then you have everything around you.

The Philippines as far as I know it is humid all year round, except when hurricanes/typhoons attack the archipelago then it is wet! By experience I can tell you only about Manila, it is pretty hot and humid, maybe Baghio has a better climate.

21 hours ago, deepcell said:

The link to Baguio: https://www.google.co.th/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Baguio&*