First Songkran warning is out! Public asked not to use powder or high power water guns

webfact

And this is why i like living in a village.last year, the mums came out with their kids and had small bowls of water. When passing villagers were in range, the water was tossed over them.But it wasn't like being drenched or soaked to the skin.Every body wore old clothing and all joined in, it was great. people were having a drink, in their front yards and were calling us over to join them.The school age girls had bowls of powder mixed wit water and it was fun for them to rub it on our cheeks.The kids had the jet guns, but they were of the single spray type. No one got angry, and we all had a good time.

I had years of owning 2 bars in patts and the fights that started over some stupid fereang getting too handy with power guns and iced water, became so boring.In fact, it made business slow because customers were scared to come out, for fear of being drenched.

Songkran? you can keep it, because you obviously don't know how to act in celebrating what is meant to be a gentle celebration.

30 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

And this is why i like living in a village.last year, the mums came out with their kids and had small bowls of water. When passing villagers were in range, the water was tossed over them.But it wasn't like being drenched or soaked to the skin.Every body wore old clothing and all joined in, it was great. people were having a drink, in their front yards and were calling us over to join them.The school age girls had bowls of powder mixed wit water and it was fun for them to rub it on our cheeks.The kids had the jet guns, but they were of the single spray type. No one got angry, and we all had a good time.

I had years of owning 2 bars in patts and the fights that started over some stupid fereang getting too handy with power guns and iced water, became so boring.In fact, it made business slow because customers were scared to come out, for fear of being drenched.

Songkran? you can keep it, because you obviously don't know how to act in celebrating what is meant to be a gentle celebration.

Who doesn't know how to act?  You are right it is not gentle in the city.  Many Thais in the city areas are out of control.  Water trucks with high pressure sprays, large powerful guns, in your face powder and Falang harassment.  It seems it is their chance to legally hate/retaliate Falang. I have seen it they give Falang extra attention.  It reminds me of the movies "The Purge".  Throwing powder in you eyes, spraying cold water in you eyes, doing whatever they can to harass you.  If you have eye protection, some will pull it away and give you the treatment.  Laughing all the way.

Deep down some Thais don't like Falang much.  I think some feel this is their chance to get some revenge.

Edited by bkk6060

bkk6060

What ever gave you the idea that i meant that you didnt know how to behave?

I agree with what you say, it is a type of thai revenge on us ferangs.But rest assured, there are idiots whom do not know how to handle songkran. The meaning of the festival has been lost with the foreign invasion of this country.

And as for hating us deep down, make no mistake, they hate us thoroughly enough for us to know it.

My statement about you not knowing how to act was meant to be leveled at the ignorant tourists and long timers as an entity.

35 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Who doesn't know how to act?  You are right it is not gentle in the city.  Many Thais in the city areas are out of control.  Water trucks with high pressure sprays, large powerful guns, in your face powder and Falang harassment.  It seems it is their chance to legally hate/retaliate Falang. I have seen it they give Falang extra attention.  It reminds me of the movies "The Purge".  Throwing powder in you eyes, spraying cold water in you eyes, doing whatever they can to harass you.  If you have eye protection, some will pull it away and give you the treatment.  Laughing all the way.

Deep down some Thais don't like Falang much.  I think some feel this is their chance to get some revenge.

Nasty bashing post...

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

Public were asked not to use water guns, does he think he is king canute?

No water guns, no fun, might as well cancel songkran.

Lots of water guns, lots of fun, just no high powered water guns, just as was requested, and reported, in the OP

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:00 AM, colinneil said:

Public were asked not to use water guns, does he think he is king canute?

No water guns, no fun, might as well cancel songkran.

Right, cancel the whole idiot thing.