Dead from the heat - Swiss cowman found dead in boiling Tak

webfact

Dead from the heat - Swiss cowman found dead in boiling Tak

1pm11.JPEG

Picture: Manager Online

TAK: -- Police in downtown Tak in Thaland's north west were called to a house where they found a Swiss national dead on his sofa yesterday.

They found Mr Donni Peter Arnold, 54, in his living room dressed in a shirt and short jeans. He had been dead around 12 hours. There was no sign of foul play Manager Online reported.

A foreign friend said that Mr Arnold had lived in Thailand for many years and had been married to a local woman. But the couple had split up and he had come to rent a house and live alone.

He tended four cows on a piece of land that he rented and he always appeared happy. But when he didn't show up as normal the friend went to investigate and found his body.

Police believe that he died from the extreme heat - Tak has been experiencing temperatures of 38-40 degrees. They also said that he had recently been to see doctors at Somdej Phrajao Taksin Maharat hospital as he was suffering from liver disease.

Manager said that the deceased was known to be a heavy drinker.

The body was sent for autopsy and relatives have been informed.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-24

I work in Angola and when I arrive back to the LOS I feel the heat. Its only going to get worse next month. Best to take precausions. Lots of water, avoid baking like a lobster if possible and when its too hot...aircon time.

As always Thai police carry out a verbal Autopsy . Preemptive action that could be in conflict with the real medical autopsy. The article insinuating the cause if death is high temperature. ..liver disease or could it be his estranged. ....?

Why speculate and why not conduct the investigation in a professional manner??

1 hour ago, John Best said:

You must be a wise man..

I know I am I cut down to 1 beer a day sometimes none. My body thanked me my liver thanked me. It was my way of giving praise to my body which has stuck with  me through thin and now thick. 

16 minutes ago, Mook23 said:

Sadder fact: some have a lot of time on their hands and try to post their insights on almost each and every tvf post.... do u sometimes read a book colin? Watch a movie? Meet up with people? Or are u on tvf 16h per day????

Why?  He's saying what is true. There are a lot of old farangs living here on their own with not much to do. Drinking an prob on a tight budget.

Luckily I'm not one of those yet.

I'm also staying up in Maesot over the mountains other side of Tak for a while & yes it is bloody hot but I don't mind it.?

Edited by Sooo Upto Me
Not finished

The heat is hard on your body and it has not even gotten to the hottest part yet, the temperature went up to 46C when I used to live in Tak... then the winter came and we had 4-5C.

But the heat is killing, I myself took a 10km bicycle ride yesterday afternoon and I'm still paying for it today. I had a bad headache when returning home and it has still not gone away even with plenty of water, sleep and paracetamol so I went to the clinic at lunch... basically the doctor said that I boiled my brain yesterday and it will take a couple of day ts to get better.

8 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Alcohol and extreme heat does not mix. In hot conditions alcohol can bring the body`s blood sugar content down to dangerously low levels causing coma and even death.

I'll think you'll find it's dehydration/heat exposure causing heat stroke. Still this usually happens with sun/heat exposure coupled with lack of hydration. Your right alcohol and extreme heat is not the best but if you drink plenty of water you should be ok. Don't know the circumstances i.e. had he been out in the heat pissing on all day. 40's hot but shouldn't kill a 52 yr old.

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'll think you'll find it's dehydration/heat exposure causing heat stroke. Still this usually happens with sun/heat exposure coupled with lack of hydration. Your right alcohol and extreme heat is not the best but if you drink plenty of water you should be ok. Don't know the circumstances i.e. had he been out in the heat pissing on all day. 40's hot but shouldn't kill a 52 yr old.

Your right? You are right. You're right. Which is correct? The winner get a bottle of Chang!

45 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Why?  He's saying what is true. There are a lot of old farangs living here on their own with not much to do. Drinking an prob on a tight budget.

Luckily I'm not one of those yet.

I'm also staying up in Maesot over the mountains other side of Tak for a while & yes it is bloody hot but I don't mind it.?

Colinneil Is quite right there are loads of older (and not older) foreigners here with too much time on their hand and result to the bottle. I think its a far higher percentage then what i seen back home. Alcohol is a killer, if this was the case with this guy.. no clue.. but in general its a problem here.

For the people who have no air conditioning, in this extreme heat wearing a wet tee shirt can help you keep your body temperature down; keep a bucket of water in the bathroom and periodically dunk your tee shirt in, wring it out and put it on.... repeat when necessary. 

9 minutes ago, ianf said:

Your right? You are right. You're right. Which is correct? The winner get a bottle of Chang!

OOPS. Too much alcohol not enough water. You're right if it's on your left. You're wrong if it's on your right. Give the Chang a miss though. Ok when it was 6.4% but now it's 5% it's crap.

3 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

For the people who have no air conditioning, in this extreme heat wearing a wet tee shirt can help you keep your body temperature down; keep a bucket of water in the bathroom and periodically dunk your tee shirt in, wring it out and put it on.... repeat when necessary. 

Two flannels. Dampen. Put in a plastic bag then in the freezer. When chilled you can put one around the nape of the neck, under arms, groin area. With two you can alternate. Just rinse and repeat. 

p.s This ain't extreme heat. It's still warming up. 

1 hour ago, Mickmouse1 said:

As always Thai police carry out a verbal Autopsy . Preemptive action that could be in conflict with the real medical autopsy. The article insinuating the cause if death is high temperature. ..liver disease or could it be his estranged. ....?

"Thai police carry out a verbal Autopsy"

You mean with a talking corpse?

2 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

cops dont make money investigating this sort of thing. write a report and get back to fining people for not wearing helmets.