Dead from the heat - Swiss cowman found dead in boiling Tak

webfact

RIP.  Cause of death could be any number of things.

He sounds like a animal lover taking care of the cows.

I seem to have inherited a "clowder" of cats with this house I rent.

Stories like this make me appreciate how good I have it here in Hua Hin.

Edited by NCC1701A

2 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

The heat is hard on your body and it has not even gotten to the hottest part yet, the temperature went up to 46C when I used to live in Tak... then the winter came and we had 4-5C.

But the heat is killing, I myself took a 10km bicycle ride yesterday afternoon and I'm still paying for it today. I had a bad headache when returning home and it has still not gone away even with plenty of water, sleep and paracetamol so I went to the clinic at lunch... basically the doctor said that I boiled my brain yesterday and it will take a couple of day ts to get better.

Temperature record for Thailand is still at 44,5C, measured 60 years ago, but yes, with a little help from the climat change we could get some degrees more in the near future (i'd prefer 35 though).

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

In answer to your question, i read everyday, have watched 1,000 of movies.

If you were stuck in a wheelchair, or as i am now stuck on my bed, maybe you would use tv a lot. 

If you are not happy about my posts use the ignore button, ok.

Or if you want to meet up, get yourself over here, as it is almost impossible for me to get out.

Ah yes colin extending the hand of friendship. I try to love my fellow earth travelers most of the time but some do fight the love. Some have to many mean genes others are just to full of themselves and others well what are they trolls BS'ers or just plain antagonistic. I hope he comes over and you make a new friend

4 hours ago, baneko said:

I work in Angola and when I arrive back to the LOS I feel the heat. Its only going to get worse next month. Best to take precausions. Lots of water, avoid baking like a lobster if possible and when its too hot...aircon time.

Is that because you are sat in the air-conditioning doing very little in Angola?

Alcohol goes does dehydrate the body.

It's possible after the breakup he was  on a bender, fell asleep in the high temperatures and never woke up to turn on the air conditioning if he had any. 

5 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

As always Thai police carry out a verbal Autopsy . Preemptive action that could be in conflict with the real medical autopsy. The article insinuating the cause if death is high temperature. ..liver disease or could it be his estranged. ....?

Why speculate and why not conduct the investigation in a professional manner??

Because evidence of foul play or its absence is initially assessed by police investigation in situ and in addition to the results of the autopsy. Stating that they believe the heat and any medical condition he may have had were contributing factors is neither a verbal autopsy nor preemptive action, whatever you may think it's preempting or conflicting with.

Your implication that his wife was connected to his death is typical preemptive  knee-jerk nonsense without even a shred of evidence other than a warped imagination.

It's doubtful that you have a clue what an investigation in a professional manner amounts to, although I'm sure you take copious notes whenever you watch Hawaii Five-O or CSI.

Gee here's some recent examples of police in UK, Canada and the US who felt free to announce that "no foul play was suspected" before their investigations were concluded. Maybe they haven't read as much Miss Marple as you have.

London police say no foul play is suspected after the body of a 19-year-old man was recovered from Westminster Pond Monday.
Police say the cause and manner of death remains under investigation.

http://london.ctvnews.ca/no-foul-play-suspected-after-man-s-body-recovered-from-westminster-pond-1.3158579

OWEN SOUND, Ont. — Police in Ontario said there is no indication of foul play in the death of a 19-year-old soldier from Nova Scotia, whose body was found along a rugged shoreline of Georgian Bay following a nearly week long search.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/08/19/no-signs-of-foul-play-in-death-of-pte-andrew-fitzgerald-a-19-year-old-soldier-from-nova-scotia-whose-body-was-found-on-georgian-bay-shore

Police do not suspect foul play in the death of a woman whose body was found Friday in some bushes about three miles away from the Jacksonville International Airport on the city’s Northside.

http://jacksonville.com/news/2017-01-06/police-do-not-suspect-foul-play-death-jacksonville-s-northside

6 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

As always Thai police carry out a verbal Autopsy . Preemptive action that could be in conflict with the real medical autopsy. The article insinuating the cause if death is high temperature. ..liver disease or could it be his estranged. ....?

That is not in the BIB's Blueprint .. :passifier:

Edited by HOOD Robin

15 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

It strikes me that the OCD button has been installed on your system. This feature allows anyone who has installed that button to scrape a website, automatically finding stories relating to an unexplained death in Thailand. The button then generates a random stream of consciousness that includes scathing and uncomplimentary words and phrases aimed at the RTP.

Well, I assume it's the OCD button because no one would actually take the time to type such tripe would they?

50 years and people around here think that's old? I think middle aged would be considered according to the demography...

EDIT: of course condoleances to the family & friends

Edited by jabis
Sharpening

18 hours ago, Thechook said:

Well done police again in determining the cause of death at the scene.

Yes, the police are truly amazing in their ability to conduct a post mortem by simply looking at a corpse. 

16 hours ago, swissbie said:

Temperature record for Thailand is still at 44,5C, measured 60 years ago, but yes, with a little help from the climat change we could get some degrees more in the near future (i'd prefer 35 though).

I see quite a few posts like this stating that the "official" highest temperature is "whatever" are we all such sheep that if we record the temperature on a accurate piece of equipment that is higher than the "official" temperature we have to discard it our reading and only believe the "official" reading?

I have seen temperatures much higher than 44.5c in Thailand, been there recorded it! or was I dreaming.................

If I an seeing a temperature of 46c where I am, no matter what the "official" temperature is being stated as being - it is what it is! :shock1:

My preference would be about 28c if anyone "upstairs" is reading this! :smile:

22 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Sadder fact: some have a lot of time on their hands and try to post their insights on almost each and every tvf post...

This part I can agree with in spades. Wow they are coming out of the woodwork lately brickbats and all!!! When they start out with "Hey Stupid" you know you realllly upset somebody. We live in a world of entrenched ideas. 

3 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

This part I can agree with in spades. Wow they are coming out of the woodwork lately brickbats and all!!! When they start out with "Hey Stupid" you know you realllly upset somebody. We live in a world of entrenched ideas. 

When someone starts with Hey stupid you know you must have hit the nail on the head. They are angry because they know they have been rumbled but they have no idea how to accept that they are wrong.

4 minutes ago, todlad said:

When someone starts with Hey stupid you know you must have hit the nail on the head. They are angry because they know they have been rumbled but they have no idea how to accept that they are wrong.

Its a strange strange world we live in Master Jack. 

On 3/24/2017 at 1:34 PM, baneko said:

I work in Angola and when I arrive back to the LOS I feel the heat. Its only going to get worse next month. Best to take precausions. Lots of water, avoid baking like a lobster if possible and when its too hot...aircon time.

Unfortunately many say they do not like a/c; I think it may be more related to the cost of a/c for some. Although a cold beer is great when it's hot; water quenches the thirst. Too hot and drinking only alcohol  is a problem and combining that with no a/c  . . . Had a old friend die in the PI years ago; I think the only water he ever had was in his beer, rum or tea. He was from Birmingham and never had a/c and saw no reason to infringe on his alcohol budget to pay for a/c--he died an apparently miserable death, no one came around for about six days when he was found, had already started to decompose

23 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

The heat is hard on your body and it has not even gotten to the hottest part yet, the temperature went up to 46C when I used to live in Tak... then the winter came and we had 4-5C.

But the heat is killing, I myself took a 10km bicycle ride yesterday afternoon and I'm still paying for it today. I had a bad headache when returning home and it has still not gone away even with plenty of water, sleep and paracetamol so I went to the clinic at lunch... basically the doctor said that I boiled my brain yesterday and it will take a couple of day ts to get better.

Thailand cycling rules are: above 38c don't go out, this is because the temperature is above blood temp. 30-37 degrees cycling is fine but be almost over hydrated  before you set off, i.e., urine is completely clear, drink often during the ride, about 3 litres[ including one electrolyte pack with the water], for a 70k ride. After your ride you will need to cool down, drink more fluids especially sweet drinks such as juice, this will help recovery. Don't eat as soon as you get back, wait at least an hour. Your body will tell you if you are getting heat stress  during the ride, numbness of the hands and feet, excessive tiredness in the legs, rest in the shade immediately. Cycle either early morning, the best. Or evening. When you stop to buy water pour a cold bottle over your head before you set off again.

On 3/24/2017 at 2:27 PM, Toshiba66 said:

Yes. Everyone should drink more.

Im outside concreting for 5  hours a  day and drink at least 5-6 litres in that time, the concretes  crap all over the place and the staff have to carry me inside  but I dont remember anything the next day

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 0:06 PM, Thechook said:

Well done police again in determining the cause of death at the scene.

That's easy for them, such vast expertise and experience is very hard to beat. 

It's only the very inexperienced Western coroners and medical professionals who in some cases might need a week or more after extensive testing to establish the cause of death. 

2 hours ago, kannot said:

Im outside concreting for 5  hours a  day and drink at least 5-6 litres in that time, the concretes  crap all over the place and the staff have to carry me inside  but I dont remember anything the next day

Err, perhaps you had a brake failure in your bottle :drunk: