Thousands demonstrate in London against leaving the EU

rooster59

2 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

This from a leading Brexiter Bill Cash.

If David Cameron wins the European referendum he will declare it has settled Britain’s destiny.

Bill Cash says it will do nothing of the sort. Bill Cash believes that even if the Leave side lost, the struggle would continue. 

Nigel Farage said back in May 2016 that 52-48 win for the Remain side in the EU referendum would be “unfinished business”.

Well, the result was 52% in his favour, so that would be "finished business" as far as Nigel Farage is concerned, wouldn't it?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The hypocrisy of the average Brexiter is well known (a' la "We want our sovereignty back from Brussels but you Scots will do as you are told.") but this takes the biscuit. Project Fear, that you Brexiters constantly harp on about (and where is the 350 million for the NHS? More UKIP / Brexit lies to fool the aged numpties with) was perfected by the Yoons in their desire to keep the English empire intact. Thankfully, the writing is on the wall - you have elected for isolation - meanwhile, the rest of us will keep building something positive.

And the hypocrisy of the SNP saying that they want to be independent by being ruled by the EU is something else!! :)

And you want to talk about isolation, how about if Scotland wasn't part of the UK and had to wait 10 years to be an EU member?  Who and how do you trade for those 10 years?  You don't even have and currency.  About 80% of your exports is to the rest of the UK.

Hilarious that you complain about UKIP, but how are the SNP any different??

It's a good idea to try and understand that the vast majority of Scots vote for left of centre parties, and simply despise the prevailing little Englander mentality and political agenda, dominated by the home counties. I am not anti English BTW,  my father was part English, but I recognise that underlying petit borgeoise, petit fascist, zenophobic, thread running through your gutter press. I am saddened that so many of you were taken in by it. The idea that every vote is a "Once in a lifetime" vote that can never be revisited even if circumstances change radically, is anti democratic, and an idiotic way to proceed. This applies to both Brexit, and Scottish Independence.

2 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

It's a good idea to try and understand that the vast majority of Scots vote for left of centre parties, and simply despise the prevailing little Englander mentality and political agenda, dominated by the home counties. I am not anti English BTW,  my father was part English, but I recognise that underlying petit borgeoise, petit fascist, zenophobic, thread running through your gutter press. I am saddened that so many of you were taken in by it. The idea that every vote is a "Once in a lifetime" vote that can never be revisited even if circumstances change radically, is anti democratic, and an idiotic way to proceed. This applies to both Brexit, and Scottish Independence.

None of your opinions or insults make a jot of difference.  Brexit is happening and Scottish Independence isn't.  The correct decisions were made.

6 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

And the hypocrisy of the SNP saying that they want to be independent by being ruled by the EU is something else!! :)

And you want to talk about isolation, how about if Scotland wasn't part of the UK and had to wait 10 years to be an EU member?  Who and how do you trade for those 10 years?  You don't even have and currency.  About 80% of your exports is to the rest of the UK.

Why is this so hard to comprehend? Cameron did not need to ask the permission of Brussels to hold a referendum, but Sturgeon needs TM to approve? I would much prefer the former than have to endure any more of the latter. Sadly for all those who grin at the prospect of an independent Scotland languishing in a similar sort of international isolation that England is facing, our future is looking much rosier:

Scotland could remain in EU after Brexit says report, as May prepares to trigger Article 50

"The European Parliament committee-commissioned report pointed out that Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man had separate arrangements with the EU. The territories, which are British dependencies, are not in the EU, but have access to the Customs Union.

However, the research commissioned by the committee suggested this meant there was scope for Scotland and Northern Ireland to remain in the EU ahead of an independence referendum in the two countries."

2 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

None of your opinions or insults make a jot of difference.  Brexit is happening and Scottish Independence isn't.  The correct decisions were made.

Something tells me that you may be in for a shock.

chart.JPG

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Why is this so hard to comprehend? Cameron did not need to ask the permission of Brussels to hold a referendum, but Sturgeon needs TM to approve? I would much prefer the former than have to endure any more of the latter. Sadly for all those who grin at the prospect of an independent Scotland languishing in a similar sort of international isolation that England is facing, our future is looking much rosier:

Scotland could remain in EU after Brexit says report, as May prepares to trigger Article 50

"The European Parliament committee-commissioned report pointed out that Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man had separate arrangements with the EU. The territories, which are British dependencies, are not in the EU, but have access to the Customs Union.

However, the research commissioned by the committee suggested this meant there was scope for Scotland and Northern Ireland to remain in the EU ahead of an independence referendum in the two countries."

But that's not going to happen is it?  And why would it happen?  Scotland just voted to remain part of the UK, and the UK voted to leave the EU.

We both know that Scotland will not be leaving the UK any time soon.  Or maybe ever. 

4 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

But that's not going to happen is it?  And why would it happen?  Scotland just voted to remain part of the UK, and the UK voted to leave the EU.

We both know that Scotland will not be leaving the UK any time soon.  Or maybe ever. 

Because a union so unequal that we are forced into something we overwhelmingly reject by a government we have repeatedly humiliated and shown our contempt for, is somehow better than a union of equals?

6 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

Something tells me that you are going to be very disappointed when the SNP doesn't delivered on their lies.

Not delivering on lies? Can I suggest that you don't waste any time waiting for this bus, because despite what Boris told you, it isn't coming your way:

boris's big brexit bus of lies for numpties.jpg

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Because a union so unequal that we are forced into something we overwhelmingly reject by a government we have repeatedly humiliated and shown our contempt for, is somehow better than a union of equals?

When you say 'we' you are referring to the SNP and not the Scots right?

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Not delivering on lies? Can I suggest that you don't waste any time waiting for this bus, because despite what Boris told you, it isn't coming your way:

boris's big brexit bus of lies for numpties.jpg

Love it when Remoaners bring up "the bus", because if that's really the best you have after all of this time then it just shows that you have no true argument or case to make.

Your smoking gun is a suggestion written on the side of a bus which cannot even have happened yet.  That's how pathetic your case against Brexit is.

37 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

UKIP dont have any MPs

3 hours ago, KunMatt said:

You can be as condescending and as arrogant as you've been for the last year, but you've been wrong the whole time about everything.  You were so sure that we wouldn't vote for Brexit and then we did, then you were so sure that the UK would be in turmoil after the vote but you were wrong, now you are saying that the EU is fine and that they would be better off without the UK but you are also wrong.  Your entire argument is based on nothing but an arrogant year long tantrum because you didn't get the result you wanted.

Nothing you say matters or is true though.  Can't wait for your epic tantrum on Wednesday once we finally Brexit.  Hahahahaha

Well reasoned as always

AND full of errors as always

Finally, you don't even understand what happens on Wednesday (not much)

I assume that you are a numpty?

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"With such a close vote, I don't see how anyone can call this the will of the people," she told Reuters. "We have so much to lose: environmentally, politically and financially.

And what would you suggest keep voting till you arrive at YOUR desired outcome. Donald your FIRED

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

My mindful reasons were posted long ago and you know it. It's your turn to argue properly. Stop dodging.

By the ridiculous number of self-opinionated posts that you slap on here, it is obvious what kind of life you live. 

I almost feel sorry for you, Grouse. 

Self opinionated? What would you expect? That I should post your opinions?

Sadly, I still have work to do even on a Sunday! 

One Brightspot on BBC was confirmation that Aaron Banks have dumped UKIP and Carswell hopes to rejoin the Con Party.

I will complete what I said I would weeks ago,,,

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Freedom to live and work anywhere in the EU is IMHO a double-edged sword these days in the light of the Paris and Brussels terrorist outrages.

As for peace in our time, my impression is that NATO has been far more instrumental in promoting peace in Europe since the end of WW2.

Then your impression is entirely wrong. Do you know what soft power is?

No. 

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I live in Thailand but I remain a patriot and I still care about the UK. I especially care about the youngsters in my family that have their lives to begin in the UK. The only passport I have is issued by the UK and there is no telling if I might need to make use of the "right of abode" feature in the future. I don't continually rant about this, however the same cannot be said of the majority of the pro EU camp. Your concerns are obviously selfish - but don't worry about the pound - it will be far stronger and better than the (Euro) alternative in the long-term.

If you have "youngsters" in the UK, you definitely took the wrong decision! Are you educated to tertiary level out of interest? What do you think about fees now in England, Scotland and EU?

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well reasoned as always

AND full of errors as always

Finally, you don't even understand what happens on Wednesday (not much)

I assume that you are a numpty?

The usual name calling instead of posting anything of substance or originality.  That post alone shows who is really the numpty.

And you are always wrong.  From now on I'm placing bets on the opposite of any predictions you have to make.  Wish I had been doing this since pre-Brexit and taken advantage of your skills of being wrong every single time.

2 hours ago, KunMatt said:

Hard to feel sorry for him.  He seems to be the epitome of "stupid people are too stupid to realise that they are stupid", but his stupidity and arrogance makes him believe that he is superior and better than everyone else.

If you want proof of this, just look at how wrong he has been about Brexit for the last year.  Not one thing he said or predicted has been correct or come true.  His opinions are based on nothing more than feelings.  None of this has made him step back and realise that even with a 100% track record of being wrong that maybe he should reconsider his views.

This is something we are seeing with most remainers.  It's more important to them to believe in their wrong opinion than what is really happening with Brexit and the EU.

But not to worry because their arrogance and conceit cost them the vote.   Brexit is happening in spite of all the dirty underhanded tricks to try and derail it.  Wednesday is going to be a beautiful day and I'm looking forwarded to reading all of the triggered comments from these crybabies.

Jesus! You really are upset!

My views on Europe are entirely correct

I did not realise the numpties out number the wise in the UK. I should have seen it with all the dumbing down. Embarrassing! 

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

If you have "youngsters" in the UK, you definitely took the wrong decision! Are you educated to tertiary level out of interest? What do you think about fees now in England, Scotland and EU?

Free schools, free decent doctors and hospitals, a real emergency service who will come as soon as you dial 999.  One of the safest and brightest countries to bring up children. 

Pretty sure him and I made the correct decision of where to raise our kids.

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

Am I hell,I voted for the winning side,but if I had lost I wouldn't be grousing about it constantly, I accept what the majority want even if I don't agree, not go marching around and throwing my toys out of the pram constantly

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

I have fully accepted the result of the referendum. I have said so ad infinititum.

It WAS the wrong decision and I will do what ever to mitigate the damage resulting.

Did youthink that because you won you were right?

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

I have fully accepted the result of the referendum. I have said so ad infinititum.

It WAS the wrong decision and I will do what ever to mitigate the damage resulting.

Did youthink that because you won you were right?

It was the best decision for the future of the UK and the fact it has triggered you so badly and for long is just a delicious cherry on top of the  cake.

1 hour ago, KunMatt said:

"Grousing about it"

Verb

1.  To throw a year long tantrum because you were wrong about something.

2.  To be a huge cry baby.

Hillarious! You just don't get it!

You won! Good for you!

It was the wrong decision and I will not change my views to fit in with your defracted outlook ?

Cheer up! It's Sunday - have a sherry!

Archived