2016 or 2017 Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo

ellathai

I was thinking about one of these but couldn't stand that ghastly canary yellow it comes in. Also it doesn't have smart entry or auto a/c. Otherwise the Yaris is a pleasant eco car on a par with it's competitors. The power is OK, certainly around town and economy of 14-18 kpl depending on conditions.

I hope they ride better than the last 3 current Toyotas I've had to suffer (Fortuna, Camry & Altis). All have awful, crashy suspension - totally unrefined rides and the interior of the Altis looks like it was made from recycled plastic PC cases from the 1980s - simply dreadful.

But, at least the few hours a year spent taking advantage of Toyota's faultless servicing will more than make up for buying a rubbish car.

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I hope they ride better than the last 3 current Toyotas I've had to suffer (Fortuna, Camry & Altis). All have awful, crashy suspension

Did you psi the tyres yourself. :biggrin:

Luv my Mrs 1.5 yaris 2008 small jelly mold one,  sports suspension, 18" rims & low profile tyres goes round corners like on rails but a bloody hard ride. :biggrin: 

Did you psi the tyres yourself. [emoji3]
Luv my Mrs 1.5 yaris 2008 small jelly mold one,  sports suspension, 18" rims & low profile tyres goes round corners like on rails but a bloody hard ride. [emoji3] 

The older Tototas rode much better than the current ones, albeit they were soft with little control.

17 hours ago, Henryford said:

I was thinking about one of these but couldn't stand that ghastly canary yellow it comes in. Also it doesn't have smart entry or auto a/c. Otherwise the Yaris is a pleasant eco car on a par with it's competitors. The power is OK, certainly around town and economy of 14-18 kpl depending on conditions.

Its available in 3 colours, White, Yellow or Orange. My friend has the White one, looks great!

23 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I hope they ride better than the last 3 current Toyotas I've had to suffer (Fortuna, Camry & Altis). All have awful, crashy suspension - totally unrefined rides and the interior of the Altis looks like it was made from recycled plastic PC cases from the 1980s - simply dreadful.

But, at least the few hours a year spent taking advantage of Toyota's faultless servicing will more than make up for buying a rubbish car.

You seem to love Fords , Do you have shares in the company and worry about there value

Don't know about this particular model, but the Yaris is a great economy car.  I drove mine 120,000+ miles with little problems.

"the interior of the Altis looks like it was made from recycled plastic PC cases from the 1980s - simply dreadful."

As far as this--almost single car on the market has a plastic dash.  So what?  Who cares?

The only car I know of that doesn't have a plastic dash is a Rolls Royce.

Apparently, the Toyota line does not have the useless luxury you're accustomed to.

Right. ?