Over 80 percent admit they used to be rejected by a cabbie

webfact

On 3/27/2017 at 2:30 AM, lamyai3 said:

True, you get some decent drivers. However the complaints that arise about fare refusal keep recurring in certain (tourist) locations. I have a very low success rate getting a meter fare in lower sukhumvit while at the same time I get a 100% acceptance rate higher up sukhumvit or elsewhere in the city. I speak Thai quite well, but all that means is the rejections come back in Thai. Taxi corruption is like police corruption, different practices apply in different districts and locations. 

Has happened many times to me when seeking to go from Sukhumvit to Bumrungrad Hospital. Traffic related I guess but as I have walking difficulties, a major problem in making appointments.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has happened many times to me when seeking to go from Sukhumvit to Bumrungrad Hospital. Traffic related I guess but as I have walking difficulties, a major problem in making appointments.

Suk to bummer is only one (long) block.

Coming from Siam they can't go past the motorway.

Coming from Nana they can't turn right.

If they take Petchaburi (as they should) they'll likely be accused of "milking" the meter.

23 hours ago, mogandave said:

Get a grip dude, why all the anger?

So if they have sign on the car that says "I only go to places within 1 km of Asoke station, then do you think they should then be allowed to refuse you if you wanted to go further?

Get a grip yourself!

If they had a sign...?

If my granny had wheels, she would be a bus!

They haven't got that sign now, have they?

So they are taxi- drivers in Bangkok and should take me (in Bangkok) where I want to go, even if it is an "inconvenience" for them.

Having said that: if a paying customer is an inconvenience for you, it would be one more reason to find another job!

• 5 months later...
On 3/27/2017 at 1:10 PM, thai3 said:

But having to take a fare where they want to go is their JOB it's what they agree to when they decide to be taxi drivers, that and using the meter are the basics, 

Actually it is government mandated that they have to accept a fare. Now they compete with those that only accept the fares that suit them.

The basis of UBER business is to ignore the rules that others are required to obey.

On 3/27/2017 at 8:09 PM, Bluespunk said:

They just don't show up and claim you weren't there.

When you put a job onto their app, there could be many UBER drivers who don't bid for it. That is their business, to do the jobs that they fancy at a price that they like. When a taxi driver tries the same thing, look at the outrage being shown.

After they decimate the taxi industry, do you think the prices will still be cheaper?

38 minutes ago, halloween said:

When you put a job onto their app, there could be many UBER drivers who don't bid for it. That is their business, to do the jobs that they fancy at a price that they like. When a taxi driver tries the same thing, look at the outrage being shown.

After they decimate the taxi industry, do you think the prices will still be cheaper?

I always use taxis now.

Don't like or use uber.