Products pulled from the US market sold in Cambodia

geovalin

The Commerce Ministry has banned imports of several food products over a health scare and warned the public to avoid them. The Camcontrol directorate-general took action over I.M. Healthy SoyNut Butter and I.M. Healthy Granola products after the US Food and Drug Administration linked them to food poisoning.

The products were pulled from the US market after tests showed they might be contaminated with Escherichia coli, which can poison people, especially pregnant women and children, and can cause death in serious cases. Camcontrol has taken action to block imports and provide information to importers, wholesalers and retailers. Officials have also checked markets and supermarkets.

Camcontrol said: “To prevent hazards which could affect health, the Camcontrol directorate-general calls on the public not to buy those products and help provide information to officials if they see them.” The SoyNut Butter Company said on its website on March 4 that the company was announcing a voluntary recall of I.M. Healthy Original Creamy SoyNut Butter with the use by date of 08-30-18 or 08-31-18.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/36901/health-alert-on-imported-food/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 27/03