Search called off for missing Russian woman on Koh Tao

webfact

Okay, seems like I'm pushing a pea uphill but do a Google search on the death of Nick Pearson on Koh Tao, whose parents consider a cover-up, and similarly the death of Luke Miller cover-up, just to protect the image of Thailand as a tourist attraction. 

Seriously? I have never read of a murder happening while on vacation that the parents didn't think it was a cover up.

Just about every report of OS deaths In Australia are about the parents suggesting the police have not been co operative in that country, they didn't try hard, it's a cover up

This is nothing new! Devastated family members are often not rational.. Understandable.

But it doesn't make it true. Your to gullible.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, fish monger said:

Within a year...? 555555 I give it four months...!  And they will use the fortune tellers again.

And don't forget the deaths of a few men, like the Frenchman who apparently hanged himself with his hands tied behind his back, and no chair within kicking distance. Suicide, they said.

Just now, whoareyou said:

Seriously? I have never read of a murder happening while on vacation that the parents didn't think it was a cover up.

Just about every report of OS deaths In Australia are about the parents suggesting the police have not been co operative in that country, they didn't try hard, it's a cover up

This is nothing new! Devastated family members are often not irrational.. Understandable.

But it doesn't make it true. Your to gullible.

Why don't you read the report, which details the findings, before posting.  Maybe it's you who is too gullible.

Why don't you read the report, which details the findings, before posting.  Maybe it's you who is too gullible.

I have read it. I've read extensively on all recent events, I find it interesting.

Like I said parents will always feel foreign police are covering up or stoped trying when a case is not solved. Reality is hundreds of thousands if not millions of cases around the globe go unsolved with frustrated parents lashing out.. Understandable

I rest my case [emoji4]

I did read the report and it says nothing of any value. Even if they link the DNA on the mask and garment to the missing- it still tells little to nothing.  Without the remains the cause of death is pure speculation.  

I am quite surprised that not even one witness saw this young woman at waterside on the morning she was alleged to go diving.

The reason there is so much suspicion is that there are unusual deaths of young people on the Island that have explanations that are somewhat dubious.

2 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I did read the report and it says nothing of any value. Even if they link the DNA on the mask and garment to the missing- it still tells little to nothing.  Without the remains the cause of death is pure speculation.  

I am quite surprised that not even one witness saw this young woman at waterside on the morning she was alleged to go diving.

The reason there is so much suspicion is that there are unusual deaths of young people on the Island that have explanations that are somewhat dubious.

I was referring to the report on the death of Nick Pearson. Otherwise, I agree with you.

I JUst read a report by a Western pathologist that examined the remains of Nick Pearson and his report was inconclusive as to the cause of death. He did note that there were markings on the body that indicated an assault could not be ruled out.

The findings in all the cases that I am aware of simply deepen the suspicion that young people  die on this Island from  causes that cannot be determined and.or are suspicious in nature. To me, what is needed is a good private investigator (Thai and Westerner) to sort out fact from fiction.

Are your knowledge is gleaned from CSI........interesting, and amusing.

Do they have any views on the Keystone Cops?

Don't be silly keystone because they didn't solve it in 2 months.. That's nothing! . Google unsolved murders in USA google unsolved murders FBI! I suppose they are key stone cops as well then.

CSI is not amusing. It's real life interviews with real life detectives and forensic expert's and real life court room drama.

Dude do yourself a yuuugge favor and do some research before posting.

3 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Don't be silly keystone because they didn't solve it in 2 months.. That's nothing! . Google unsolved murders in USA google unsolved murders FBI! I suppose they are key stone cops as well then.

CSI is not amusing. It's real life interviews with real life detectives and forensic expert's and real life court room drama.

Dude do yourself a yuuugge favor and do some research before posting.

You're comparing an island the size of Alcatraz to mainland USA/BiB to FBI & telling others to do more research?

You're comparing an island the size of Alcatraz to mainland USA/BiB to FBI & telling others to do more research?

No just choose a patch of the USA the same size. Any small town will do

Just common sense bud. Plenty to choose.. Just Google small town unsolved murders.. Ain't rocket science

How bizarre you would compare the whole of the USA to an island.. Strange

25 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

No just choose a patch of the USA the same size. Any small town will do

Just common sense bud. Plenty to choose.. Just Google small town unsolved murders.. Ain't rocket science

How bizarre you would compare the whole of the USA to an island.. Strange

The board can see for themselves...:shock1:

7 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Bit hard to cover it up now it's mainstream and broadcast on Russian news. Now way in hell I am allowing my daughter to go there no matter what her age!

You better believe there are thousands of others in the same boat

You better believe it's damaging.

You seem to be quite new here so you may not have seen the photos of the KT pub crawl heaving with youngsters shortly after the brutal double murders back in 2014.  A number were posted on TV at the time.

Your comments about not letting your daughter go seem sensible, but sadly there are evidently many who are unaware or who do not care at all.

You seem to be quite new here so you may not have seen the photos of the KT pub crawl heaving with youngsters shortly after the brutal double murders back in 2014.  A number were posted on TV at the time.

Your comments about not letting your daughter go seem sensible, but sadly there are evidently many who are unaware or who do not care at all.

Long time casual lurker to busy to get involved but retired now.

Yes party didn't stop however many were booked for months or a year in advance and they pinned that murder very quickly.. Framed or not.

This is different. There is a chance a potential serial killer is stalking the island.. Much more damaging as he is on the loose.

Of course it could be a simple drowning but a body usually floats to the surface and gets beached.

Who knows we are all Speculating at this stage

8 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Long time casual lurker to busy to get involved but retired now.

Yes party didn't stop however many were booked for months or a year in advance and they pinned that murder very quickly.. Framed or not.

This is different. There is a chance a potential serial killer is stalking the island.. Much more damaging as he is on the loose.

Of course it could be a simple drowning but a body usually floats to the surface and gets beached.

This is not damaging in the slightest at the moment to tourism. A woman travelling alone, inexperienced (totally apparently) in diving in the sea, wishes to 'free dive' and disappears having taken her diving equipment. In addition she is bipolar, suffers from asthma and remarks before disappearing that her medicine is running out.

Unless her body is found, clearly murdered, I don't think potential tourists are going to suspect a potential serial killer. 

On 27/03/2017 at 9:23 PM, Jeremy50 said:

Someone knows where she is, and will sleep easier knowing the search has been called off. Expect another slim young western female to go missing from that place within the next year or so. Did the police use dogs to search forested areas? I doubt it.

"Expect another slim young western female to go missing from that place within the next year or so."

Why?

9 hours ago, jenifer d said:

tourists seldom just go missing here unless there is a crime committed, and this particular island (indeed, all of LoS), has a reputation of covering up crimes, heinous or otherwise,

committed by influential and/or elite people...

and rest assured that the perp is still at large, and will not be brought to justice any time soon, thanks to who he is...

Who said there is a "perp" and that it is a "he"?  Ever heard of accidents or misadventure or read the original OP?

8 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Okay, seems like I'm pushing a pea uphill but do a Google search on the death of Nick Pearson on Koh Tao, whose parents consider a cover-up, and similarly the death of Luke Miller cover-up, just to protect the image of Thailand as a tourist attraction. 

No one apart from the sister who was not here claimed a cover up in the case of the junkie drunk Miller

8 hours ago, stephenterry said:

And don't forget the deaths of a few men, like the Frenchman who apparently hanged himself with his hands tied behind his back, and no chair within kicking distance. Suicide, they said.

The Frenchman was one man, not a few, and his suicide was not anything that had not been seen before (apart from by Thaivisa conspiracy theorists).

8 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

And that's it?  Heartbreaking.  Just heartbreaking that this poor girl is so easily forgotten.

Don't get too wound up about it, her mother left some time ago.

2 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Bearing in mind the activities and planned activities of this woman it is not very likely that "a serial killer is stalking the island".

Bearing in mind the activities and planned activities of this woman it is not very likely that "a serial killer is stalking the island".

Not sure i understand. Are you saying if I planned to go to the beach and have a swim that it's unlikely I would be abducted.

Not getting the relevance.

1 minute ago, whoareyou said:

Not sure i understand. Are you saying if I planned to go to the beach and have a swim that it's unlikely I would be abducted.

Not getting the relevance.

No, I'm not saying that even though it would be more than reasonable to say that, in fact, yes, I will say that.

The relevance of what I said would be very clear if you had read the original OP and understood what her dangerous leisure activities are, and they do not include lying on the beach.

No, I'm not saying that even though it would be more than reasonable to say that, in fact, yes, I will say that.

The relevance of what I said would be very clear if you had read the original OP and understood what her dangerous leisure activities are, and they do not include lying on the beach.

Of course I read it that's why I made the analogy. I can tell you an experienced diver has a far better chance than me who has never even been in a rip of surviving in water, Now you get it.?

Just because I go for a swim doesn't mean I can't get murdered.

Only a foolish detective would conclude otherwise.

19 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Of course I read it that's why I made the analogy. I can tell you an experienced diver has a far better chance than me who has never even been in a rip of surviving in water, Now you get it.?

Do I get it?  She was not experienced!

Do I get it?  She was not experienced!

Ok I don't have her past history on free diving.  

I'm not experienced in fighting a rip either in fact most of the gazillions of beach goers would know what to do

You simply can't write off murder because of A swim.

There is nothing "unlikely" in this case I'm afraid