Bangkok Bank and PayPal

Hello,

I was going to open an account with Bangkok Bank but was wondering if anyone had experience connecting it to PayPal? Is it possible?

Jeff

Edited by jefftd77
spelling

I would choose a different bank based on the fact bkk bank will probably issue a union pay card rather than a visa debit.

Union pay is useless. 

If having a card is of no interest and you just want paypal to direct debit then it should be no problem.

Yes. Only proviso ... if you have a Paypal merchant account and are using a business name, e.g., XYZ Exports, then Paypal expect the name of the Bangkok Bank account to match the business name (XYZ Exports in this case) exactly.

On 3/27/2017 at 5:41 PM, jefftd77 said:

Hello,

I was going to open an account with Bangkok Bank but was wondering if anyone had experience connecting it to PayPal? Is it possible?

Jeff

Yes, it is possible! PayPal will ask you to assign a bank account then they will remit you two small deposits into your account. It takes around 5 to 7 days. After you received the amounts, just punch them in to the designated area in your PayPal account then your PayPal account is verified and can be used.

20 hours ago, dundas said:

Yes. Only proviso ... if you have a Paypal merchant account and are using a business name, e.g., XYZ Exports, then Paypal expect the name of the Bangkok Bank account to match the business name (XYZ Exports in this case) exactly.

Yes, if the name differs from your Bank account, you have to pay THB15.

• 1 month later...

At one time you could only get a PayPal account in Thailand via the Be1st card from Bangkok Bank.  Then it was expanded to several other Thai banks 

I applied primarily so that my PayPal address would match my  Thai shipping address, which my US PayPal would not do

As time has gone by,  PayPal (US) now allows me to use my Thai address for shipping (verified PP address) as a drop down so I no longer use the Thai PayPal account

In any event I will never allow PayPal access to any bank account,  only to a credit card , which affords me some protection against merchant fraud.  Of course this only applies as a buyer, not a seller