Data usage limit reached, net access blocked

Jingthing

Here's a fun problem likely caused by user error.

Got my AIS monthly plan and I used the set data limit function in settings to show warnings when I was near my monthly limit but it seems like I accidentally told it to shut data down when I reached the limit.

My AIS plan is 4G limited to 1.5 GB but after used it goes to slow mode, but still working.

Well I can turn on data use in settings but the set data limit lockup overrides that and no net access at all, presumably until I reach the ending date of the limits. I can't find a way to tell it forget the data limits.

I called AIS and they can't help over the phone. Do you think they can fix in the service center? It's not their fault, the phone did it. 

Lenovo K5 Note, Android 6.0

To set a data usage limit:

1. Open your device's Settings app Settings .
  2. Tap Data usage and then Cellular data usage.
  3. If it's not already on, turn on your data limit.
    1. Tap Settings Settings.
    2. Switch on Set data limit.
    3. Read the on-screen message and tap OK.
  4. Tap Data limit.
  5. Type an amount. To switch between megabytes (MB) and gigabytes (GB), tap the Down arrow Down Arrow.
  6. Tap Set.

When you reach your limit and your data automatically turns off:

• You'll get a notification.
  • To turn mobile data back on, follow the steps above and switch off Set data limit.

Thanks for the effort, but my menus are a little different, and things get truly stuck at:

Mobile Date

Paused at limit 

(with a TOGGLE)

The toggle is at OFF.

There is no way to toggle it on.

The time period that the limit was set for is about a week.

It seems to me I'm stuck at pause for that time period if it is impossible (which it seems to be) to move that toggle from OFF to ON.

I am able to toggle the Mobile Data from OFF to ON in another Mobile Date menu but it does nothing to make me able to turn that bloody Paused at limit toggle form off to on.

I don't see how AIS can help me if it's the phone's behavior. 

4 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Go to the Lenovo tech forums. Somebody will give you instructions there

First place I looked but I didn't find a solution there with search.

Yes it's a good idea to post there.

For now, I figured out a temporary KLUDGE. I turned the date/time off from network and entered it manually after the ending date of the previous set data limit date range.

I got back my network but changing it back it turned off again. I think I'll just wait until the actual date passes the previous ending date range and see if I start using it again normally with the real network date (using the KLUDGE for now). 

Of course some things aren't usable now like apps that use the network date from the phone, such as eatigo. 

Edited by Jingthing

It gets stranger. With the kludge the old data limit settings were retained on the new fake dates. Reset to zero but same limits. No access to view the part where you change it or shut it off. I have a feeling even after the kludge period it will be the same. Guess I'll have to try to get help from the Lenovo forum. I reckon factory reset would fix it but that's drastic. My data plan next month will double for the same price so it would be good to trash those old limits.

Oh boy. I figured out how to fix this. Went back to network time rather than the kludge and was able to view the data limit screen by choosing monthly sort. Not very intuitive that. Then I could raise the current limits or turn it off. Yippee.