83-year old woman bitten to death by a pitbull and three other dogs in Chanthaburi

webfact

There are no bad pitbulls , only bad owners. There are yes certain bloodlines bred for dogfighting.  If these behaviors

are encouraged, what do you think will happen? In the United States way more people are bitten by German Shepherds but you don't see the knee-jerk

response they should be banned. Also Akita, Rottweilers, very hard to train aggressive tendencies out especially the males if not neutered. They need to be handled by responsible experienced owners who can control them and give them the exercise they need.

This is a tragic story and people need to be held accountable for their pets, under law, as if they caused the damage themselves as in developed countries. Unfortunately dogs are kept here and soi dogs fed for different reasons than Western countries and nothing is likely to change soon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are jumping to the conclusion the Pitbull did it. A Pitbull has been highlighted as one of the dogs involved.  Then the report posts a picture of a Pitbull but doesn't show pictures of other dogs. Talk about being found guilty before the inquiry.

56 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Never heard of a pack of Labradors ripping anyone to pieces

The first person to ever undergo a face transplant was a woman who was savaged by a Labrador. :shock1: Go Google. To save you the bother.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_Dinoire

Edited by sinbin

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

This happens time and time again.. and nearly always with this same breed of dog - all over the world.   How can people still justify allowing this dog breed to continue?!

Last week a drunk driver in a Toyota Vios crashed into another car leaving 2 people dead.

Following your reasoning we should ban every Toyota Vios instead of going after drunk drivers.

The problem is not the breed of dog, the problem is that the average person who is attracted to this type of dog might not be a responsible dog owner.

If they would have taken another breed, Rottweiler, German Sheppard, Boxer, Mastiff, the same could have happened.

2 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

No vet will put any of the dogs down. They even refuse this on terminal ill dogs. 

Had to watch our pitbull literally waste away on a drip while paying a fortune every day to the pet clinic.. was tragic for the kids. 

Why carry on paying the bills?

No drip, dog dies quickly no huge bills.

Drip, dog dies slowly, vet makes a fortune.

2 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Last week a drunk driver in a Toyota Vios crashed into another car leaving 2 people dead.

Following your reasoning we should ban every Toyota Vios instead of going after drunk drivers.

The problem is not the breed of dog, the problem is that the average person who is attracted to this type of dog might not be a responsible dog owner.

If they would have taken another breed, Rottweiler, German Sheppard, Boxer, Mastiff, the same could have happened.

Your point makes sense... but in reality most people are dumb and too stupid and irresponsible to own such a potentially dangerous and lethal dog breed.

The problem is the breed.... simply as its so powerful and capable of serious attacks. 

To follow your reasoning people should also be allowed to own tigers, lions, crocodiles and hyenas.  It would be right not to blame these animals for attacking or injuring people... its the stupid idiots who owned them.  But it is illegal (in most places) to own such dangerous animals in domestic environments, and so it should be with bit bull dogs and other large and dangerous dog breeds.

I wish to make it clear I don't hate or even dislike the average bit bull dog.  I don't want to see peoples loved pets be killed or banned.  But, for the future, simply allowing the breed to go extinct would be a very good thing.

14 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

The problem is the breed.... simply as its so powerful and capable of serious attacks. 

You are talking utter rubbish. You need to research the breed. At one time the Bloodhound was feared but look what it is these days. This Pitbull s*** is all down to sensationalism and selling newspapers.

Edited by sinbin

Bob 12345

Bob

You are obviously blissfully unaware of the affection that a dog(and not so much, but even a cat too) can show and give to a human, who treats it well and loves it.

The relationship between man and dog is a wonderful thing to see.You can see the expression of love in a dogs eyes when it looks up at its owner.Also their love is unconditional, they will still love you even when you might have given them the odd slap, if they have chewed up your best pair of Russel and Bromley slip on's.A dog can be a great companion. When Mrs Kaen goes to see her sister and stays over, my little dog will stay by my side all night.He is an excellent guard dog and patrols the yard as if protecting his personal property.I would not be without him.And i tell you now, this is not a store bought dog, or a neighbors present. We actually found this one, living on the road,Wet, bedraggled,hungry,thirsty and looking like he had the $#it beaten out of him every day.We brought him home, and showered him My Mrs took a great risk in doing that, he wasn't too impressed.Under all the grime and filth, there was a little Yorkshire Terrier cross. We fed him on some fresh fish and cooked cabbage, and put him in a box overnight to sleep outside.He's been with us now for6 months, and his name is 'Highway' he loves the wife with a passion, follows her everywhere, and lays down by her side when she is reading or sleeping.The last owners broke his dew claw bones, so they are always flopping about, sad someone can do that.We haven't searched too vigorously to find his previous owners , they wouldn't recognise him now anyway.He is great little treat to have around and he has his own personality and has developed into a loving, loyal,and funny little animal. But whats the use of telling all this to someone who cannot Understand why people want animals. I pity you your animal less life, but then you wouldn't realise what you are missing.I think that i have given you a logical explanation, but its a logic that you dont comprehend. But you asked, and i gave you MY reason why.

1 minute ago, sinbin said:

You are talking utter rubbish. You need to research the breed. At one time the Bloodhound was feared look what it is these days. This Pitbull s*** is all down to sensationalism and selling newspapers.

You don't think the breed is powerful?

You don't think peoples serious injuries after attacks caused by pit bull dogs (and deaths) are because they got attacked by pit bull dogs?

?????

10 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You don't think peoples serious injuries after attacks caused by pit bull dogs (and deaths) are because they got attacked by pit bull dogs?

The Pitbull in this case was one of a few dogs. There is no indication that the Pitbull caused a fatal bite. The newspaper is using the Pitbull to sensualist the story. Lets see all the evidence before come to a conclusion.

3 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

No vet will put any of the dogs down. They even refuse this on terminal ill dogs. 

Had to watch our pitbull literally waste away on a drip while paying a fortune every day to the pet clinic.. was tragic for the kids. 

Had the same experience... neighbourhood dog horribly injured (broken spine etc) after being hit by a car. Answer: "maybe it will live"  

36 minutes ago, Docno said:

Had the same experience... neighbourhood dog horribly injured (broken spine etc) after being hit by a car. Answer: "maybe it will live"  

Friend run down a stray dog... was in a right mess... knew it would not survive.. but the vest refused to put it to sleep.. keeping it alive over a week, of course with expensive medicating and operations.  Cost my friend a lot of money... and heart ache. 

The vest said they won't put it down as it's not Buddhist to kill animals....   But, I doubt these vets are all vegetarians!!!! 

3 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

@giddyup: it is clear that you really like your "small pecker" remark and have nothing more constructive to add here.

Maybe you should stop at your peak and enjoy the rest of your day.

Perhaps you should look at owning something less lethal than a pitbull and try and get your self esteem another way.

49 minutes ago, sinbin said:

The Pitbull in this case was one of a few dogs. There is no indication that the Pitbull caused a fatal bite. The newspaper is using the Pitbull to sensualist the story. Lets see all the evidence before come to a conclusion.

No, I'm sure the pitbull just stood by and watched.

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

How do you prevent idiots and irresponsible dog owners having a pitbull? Probably for the same reason that you can't stop idiots having children.

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

People are jumping to the conclusion the Pitbull did it. A Pitbull has been highlighted as one of the dogs involved.  Then the report posts a picture of a Pitbull but doesn't show pictures of other dogs. Talk about being found guilty before the inquiry.

The first person to ever undergo a face transplant was a woman who was savaged by a Labrador. :shock1: Go Google. To save you the bother.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_Dinoire

I am glad you posted that.

The woman involved was trying to kill herself with sleeping tablets and the labrador in a last ditch attempt to save her life was trying to wake her up.

This information was not given out at the time as the suicide attempt was kept secret.

I believe the woman survived for a few years but recently passed away.

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

giddyup

It will do, if the overly curious 14 year old next door decides that he wants to jump on yours and give it a try out, when you are out of course.

It helps if you attach the post you are responding to, otherwise, as in this case, it makes absolutely no sense.

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Thailand really needs some dangerous dog laws. Does anyone think this guy will keep his dogs locked up?

Take a poll the no side will win. Another "I am sorry" appeal get out of the problem free card. His promise to lock up the dogs should have a shelf life of about one day. The obvious answer and a sign of real contriteness would be to put the dogs down but for some reason Thai's cannot grasp that including the legal system. Cattle are sacred in India so.....

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Bob 12345

Bob

You are obviously blissfully unaware of the affection that a dog(and not so much, but even a cat too) can show and give to a human, who treats it well and loves it.

The relationship between man and dog is a wonderful thing to see.You can see the expression of love in a dogs eyes when it looks up at its owner.Also their love is unconditional, they will still love you even when you might have given them the odd slap, if they have chewed up your best pair of Russel and Bromley slip on's.A dog can be a great companion. When Mrs Kaen goes to see her sister and stays over, my little dog will stay by my side all night.He is an excellent guard dog and patrols the yard as if protecting his personal property.I would not be without him.And i tell you now, this is not a store bought dog, or a neighbors present. We actually found this one, living on the road,Wet, bedraggled,hungry,thirsty and looking like he had the $#it beaten out of him every day.We brought him home, and showered him My Mrs took a great risk in doing that, he wasn't too impressed.Under all the grime and filth, there was a little Yorkshire Terrier cross. We fed him on some fresh fish and cooked cabbage, and put him in a box overnight to sleep outside.He's been with us now for6 months, and his name is 'Highway' he loves the wife with a passion, follows her everywhere, and lays down by her side when she is reading or sleeping.The last owners broke his dew claw bones, so they are always flopping about, sad someone can do that.We haven't searched too vigorously to find his previous owners , they wouldn't recognise him now anyway.He is great little treat to have around and he has his own personality and has developed into a loving, loyal,and funny little animal. But whats the use of telling all this to someone who cannot Understand why people want animals. I pity you your animal less life, but then you wouldn't realise what you are missing.I think that i have given you a logical explanation, but its a logic that you dont comprehend. But you asked, and i gave you MY reason why.

I assume you reacted to my post where I asked another poster what the logical explanation was to have any dog or cat?

That was a reaction to someone else asking the question what the logical reasoning was for having a pitbull. 

There is no logical explanation for having a pet dog, nor for having a car that can go faster than 120kmh, nor for having a handbag costing more than 5 USD, etc. And still cars can go faster than 120kmh, Louis Vuitton sells thousands of handbags, and people do own dogs and cats even though they do not labor for them. With other words: people prefer certain breeds of dogs, they like having nice cars, and they enjoy expensive handbags. There is no "logical explanation" needed to justify it.

And you don't have to pity my animal less life, as it is not animal less. If you took the effort to take a look at my profile pic you could have guessed I own a dog myself.

Have a nice day.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

A Harley isn't going to escape from a yard and kill someone.

No, but the driver might.

My point? keep any dog as a loved family member and it will not attack anyone.

Treat a dog badly and....

23 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Perhaps you should look at owning something less lethal than a pitbull and try and get your self esteem another way.

Like becoming a keyboard warrior on TVF maybe?

Thats only lethal on the long term when i die of that upcoming heart attack of binge eating and sitting behind a computer 24/7

Just now, Bob12345 said:

Like becoming a keyboard warrior on TVF maybe?

Thats only lethal on the long term when i die of that upcoming heart attack of binge eating and sitting behind a computer 24/7

If that's what you do I suggest you change your habits.

Why does anyone want to own a dog that has the capabilities to kill a man one on one , let alone an elderly person or child  ?  

The dog that as a pet becomes part of the owners family and would not harm a fly , the family will tell you . Do they not understand that if for some reason the dog has a bad day , out will come the animal killer aggression . Best place for them is in a zoo . In the UK many of these animals are owned as a status symbol by hoodies who like to parade them on the pavements unleashed  and unmuzzled .  In Thailand I believe the reason that the soi dog is tolerated was out of respect for the king who was a dog lover and set up homes for dogs . I was told that you  will not see the soi dog in Cambodia or Vietnam  , only on your dinner plate . So no problems jogging or walking in those countries .

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

If it walks like a duck 

12 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

can show and give to a human, who treats it well and loves it.

Therein lies the secret. As we as  humans have a hard time at times doing this with our offspring it looks like animals will continue to come out on the short end of the stick that beats them. I have trouble with looking at the unconditional love coming out of a pit bulls eyes. I worked years ago with a fellow that had German Shepherd for years who he treated well. One morning for some reason the dog decided to rip his arm open. I guess wanting to be a dog owner youse pays your money youse takes your chances. For the sake of disclosure I have been through the dog "cycle" about 3 times in my life as well as cats, canaries, collecting stamps and coins. To the poster you seem to have a rare gift with animals which I can admire sadly we do not all share it. You are a rare breed indeed. 

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

You are talking utter rubbish. You need to research the breed. At one time the Bloodhound was feared but look what it is these days. This Pitbull s*** is all down to sensationalism and selling newspapers.

List of dogs quoted as being dangerous by insurance companys. Wake up and smell the coffee!

• Pit Bull Terriers
  • Staffordshire Terriers
  • Rottweilers
  • German Shepherds
  • Presa Canarios
  • Chows Chows
  • Doberman Pinschers
  • Akitas
  • Wolf-hybrids
  • Mastiffs
  • Cane Corsos
  • Great Danes
  • Alaskan Malamutes
  • Siberian Huskies

40 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

No, but the driver might.

My point? keep any dog as a loved family member and it will not attack anyone.

Treat a dog badly and....

I think It's at least 99% more likely that the Harley rider will kill himself before anyone else. How do you guarantee that the dog will "be a loved family member and not treated badly?", the answer is you can't, and therein lies the problem. There are just too many d*ckheads drawn to owning that type of dog.

Edited by giddyup

Amazing. An elderly woman is bitten to death by a dog pack in an open village street. Such a death is not quick; there will have been 50 distinct bite wounds, at the least, all over her frail body before she succumbed to loss of blood, pain, helplessness and terror in her final 5-10 minutes of agony. Buckets of blood. Yet, despite her screams and the barks of the dogs.  no-one from the village is, apparently,  close enough to come to her aid or deter the dogs until she lays dead in the street. A dreadful, drawn-out experience of death and horror no-one should have to suffer.

The moronic dill responsible for the dogs (a cousin of his dogs' recent dine-out meal) promises he will keep them locked up in cages from now on - a wonderful example of caring, responsible pet ownership I must say, I feel so much better about the poor woman's horrific departure from the planet  I wonder if she thinks her ride was worth the price.  Nah, she's dead and her opinion has been rendered  worthless by the living..

My vet says she has no problem euthanising terminally ill pets. Our cat was suspected to have feline AIDS (luckily since found not to be the case) and she said if he started suffering she would not prolong his life. You just have to choose the right vet, discuss it with them before signing up.