South African dad thinks missing Thai wife and "rapist" boyfriend are in Bangkok - slams Thai media

webfact

5 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I agree. This is panning out as some kind of drama with a plot difficult to follow and expecting a twist at the end. How can Darron be so sure that his wife has absconded with the fugitive rapist and that she is not being held captive by him? I would have thought if she is his partner in crime and then caught that Darron would automatically be awarded custody of the children as would be proof she is an unfit mother. What if her life is in danger, how come the police are not conducting a nation wide search for her with photos and appeals to find her whereabouts?

Too many pieces of this puzzle missing to draw any conclusions.

I'm guessing the fact that Darren's friend in Bangkok saw them together there, which undoubtedly had to have been in a public place which means that unless he had a gun pointed at her or a knife around her throats one can fairly safely assume she was free to leave him if she wanted. I am taking Darron's report of events and information as fact in the absence of any other source of information.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He is working on that, but needs a passport for his son, and his wife's signature is required for that. Which is all what this is about.

sent using Tapatalk

I think if Darron can prove that his wife is involved in no good and an accomplice to a wanted fugitive from justice for serious crimes, then her signature will not be required for handing over full custody of the children to Darron as the court will award him custody, an automatic process. This I believe is what Darron is hoping for and why he is keen to have her found and arrested. The problem he may have that this being Thailand unless he is willing and able to donate generously to the police fund the police may drag their feet giving this low priority. The only chance he may have if the American police put pressure on the Thai police to apprehend the fugitive and maybe have him extradited back to the United States. 

15 hours ago, smotherb said:

well, perhaps those types are the only farang who come to Thailand--maybe a closer background check by immigration on all farangs entering and especially those living here is necessary

10 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Hey. Fair go with the generalisations please. Maybe you should re-phrase this. Sodomists, really? By sodomist do you mean gay/homosexual men? Are you saying that gay men shouldn't be teachers or are you saying all foreign teachers are the same as this low life? Ridiculous post.

Please re-read the original article.  The perp was quoted as having a job as an English teacher and is wanted on charges of sodomy with a 5 year old child.  I don't know the sex of the child and sodomy does not necessarily imply homosexuality.

My post is not meant to be homophobic.  It is meant to address the problem of the hiring of English teachers without doing criminal background checks as in the case of Jack Hall.  It is because of your jumping to conclusions that you may have found my post ridiculous no?

9 hours ago, jenifer d said:

oh, really? i am NONE of those sordid things-

besides, they check and require entirely too much as it is for those of us who live here-

the RIGHT kind of checks, esp when intending to work as teacher, are all that are necessary

PS: if that is ALL who come to Thailand to live, which type are YOU???

My post was intended to be facetious, sorry if you took offense. I too dislike the hoops through which we all must jump to stay in Thailand.

However, there are far too many stories of criminal activity and/or poorly qualified teachers for our students

If you are none of those things you have nothing to worry about--I too would have no problem passing any background check; however, it's apparent you did not see the word, "perhaps"?

Hi Darron, any updates? Completely understand your concern. A scary situation not just for you but all expats married with children. Custody battles usually go the way of the Thai mother. I see a few posters recommend hiring a lawyer. I would recommend hiring a bounty hunter. There must be a similar equivalent in Thailand as there is the the states. Hunt the pair down, citizens arrest the dude and your ex wife until the police arrive. A lawyer can't find people and cost way to much. Get a bounty hunter and grab this dude before he trys something. He must be desperate now things have hotted up. Hurry up, they could easily flee the country aswell. Good luck, Darron

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Hi Darron, any updates? Completely understand your concern. A scary situation not just for you but all expats married with children. Custody battles usually go the way of the Thai mother. I see a few posters recommend hiring a lawyer. I would recommend hiring a bounty hunter. There must be a similar equivalent in Thailand as there is the the states. Hunt the pair down, citizens arrest the dude and your ex wife until the police arrive. A lawyer can't find people and cost way to much. Get a bounty hunter and grab this dude before he trys something. He must be desperate now things have hotted up. Hurry up, they could easily flee the country aswell. Good luck, Darron

Another easy talk solution. Where is Darron going to find a professional bounty hunter in Thailand? Don`t tell me, ask the guy running the noodle stall he`ll know. And also my guess is Darron is probably living on a budget here, maybe relying on jobs for an income and even if he did find a bounty hunter it won`t be cheap. 

Sorry I haven't posted much as a lot is going on in the background at the moment. My estranged wife is cliaming to reporters that I have lied, but the reporters are picking her responses apart. I have simply said that if she feels I have lied she should go to the police as I am more than willing to back up all of my claims.

3 hours ago, Darron said:

Sorry I haven't posted much as a lot is going on in the background at the moment. My estranged wife is cliaming to reporters that I have lied, but the reporters are picking her responses apart. I have simply said that if she feels I have lied she should go to the police as I am more than willing to back up all of my claims.

What is going on Darron? If she's been in contact with her family then you should know where she is. Also if you know her mobile number why not download an app and track her Sim card?

Edited by tukkytuktuk

37 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

What is going on Darron? If she's been in contact with her family then you should know where she is. Also if you know her mobile number why not download an app and track her Sim card?

It's getting worked on. This is a top priority case now so results should be coming soon.

11 minutes ago, Darron said:

It's getting worked on. This is a top priority case now so results should be coming soon.

We all hope so Darron. Trying to think of what to say, it's an irritating situation. Until the bastard is caught it's a living hell. After all you have been through, the waiting for something to happen. As for your ex, I'm sure she's being manipulated into doing things for Jack. It wouldn't suprise me if he's got her hooked on drugs or she's being blackmailed in some way.

Anyway keep safe! Thai visa has got your back!

Edited by tukkytuktuk

23 minutes ago, saakura said:

Is life in South Africa so bad for a healthy young man? Pity the kid who is caught up in all this drama.

Life wasn't bad for us there, but me working long hours flying and studying caused her to have an affair (her words). I tried to salvage the relationship by moving back to Thailand where I thought we could start fresh. Yes I know I was an idiot as things didn't work out the way I hoped and we officially separated in April 2015.

56 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

We all hope so Darron. Trying to think of what to say, it's an irritating situation. Until the bastard is caught it's a living hell. After all you have been through, the waiting for something to happen. As for your ex, I'm sure she's being manipulated into doing things for Jack. It wouldn't suprise me if he's got her hooked on drugs or she's being blackmailed in some way.

Anyway keep safe! Thai visa has got your back!

You are not the only one to think she may be hooked on drugs. Myself and her ex-roommate both agree that it would explain a lot of things.

Thanks a million for all the support everyone. I will give a big shout out to the Thai police here as they have been great in making me feel safe and keeping me in the loop on things. It's been a long day, with the police coming to meet me a few times, so I'm going to try and get a good nights sleep.

4 minutes ago, saakura said:

Whatever.... i hope your little son is shielded from all this, gets the warmth of a family that every child deserves, and has a long good sleep every night.

I hope so too, but it looks like it's going to be a long night with him being all excited about the new surroundings he is in now...

On 3/29/2017 at 10:41 PM, Catkiwi said:

Short memories ......a few weeks ago this guy was said to be heading to Wat Mapka sckool to teach. We checked through contacts and found he had indeed been teaching there (dont forget he had been convicted before of sodomy ona 5 year old) when our source asked questions at the Wat, they said he had gone 1 week before but they had no clue he was the ass i question.....clearly this SA dad has cause for concern, even for a beatch ex!!

How do you get convicted of sodomy on a 5 year old and you are still free . . . ? Isn't that how Paul Scully started out?

5 hours ago, Maggusoil said:

How do you get convicted of sodomy on a 5 year old and you are still free . . . ? Isn't that how Paul Scully started out?

He was charged with rape and sodomy of the child and granted bail. He then fled by using an old childhood friend's details to obtain a passport.

On 30/03/2017 at 1:01 PM, tukkytuktuk said:

Please elaborate on the app that can remotely install and then remotely track a phone/simcard?

Edited by Rc2702

On 30/03/2017 at 11:51 PM, Darron said:

He was charged with rape and sodomy of the child and granted bail. He then fled by using an old childhood friend's details to obtain a passport.

If that's true surely there will be bounty for his capture in the US and if that is correct surely there is a way to find out the bail bonds man who is tasked with his apprehension and who normally have international connections for such instances?

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

...the bail bonds man who is tasked with his apprehension and who normally have international connections for such instances?

Glad that you ended that bit of postulation with a question mark.

Is the OP still married? Refers to being estranged so I guess there's another court procedure that will be required.

Good luck on getting your lad's new travel document and getting out of this sh!thole.

On 3/31/2017 at 6:51 AM, Darron said:

At this point most people extrapolate and use their imaginations if they have one. the question being obviously to "most", how does he get bail. OK? Got that? Another cup of coffee?

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been quiet for the last few days. Things are moving along now and I can't comment on the investigation, but have full confidence in the team on this.

I have contacted people close to the case in the US to inform the bail bondsman to see if they would like to get involved in any way.

HI Darron

I've been thinking too about this reward idea. At first I thought it was a good idea but now I think it will just push Jack and your ex wife into hiding more. That doesn't solve your passport issue. I think you should make a deal with the pair instead.

Post on Thai news and on here that you want to make a deal with Jack and your ex-wife.

The deal is:-

- You send her the paperwork or she sends a letter to you so you can get a passport for your son.

- In return you leave her alone and drop the police case. Of course Jack is still a wanted man, but the heat will die down after a while.

- If there is no deal then you will up the anti and give a reward for information leading to the arrest of Jack.

So they have a choice then.

28 minutes ago, Darron said:

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been quiet for the last few days. Things are moving along now and I can't comment on the investigation, but have full confidence in the team on this.

I have contacted people close to the case in the US to inform the bail bondsman to see if they would like to get involved in any way.

A lot of people want to see an outcome on this Sir so please keep us aprised of the situation as it develops. If this guy is as it has been reported then this guy has goto to be apprehended and sent back for such horrendous offences to kids. I'm just shocked more is not being done fast.

I have no case against her or him to drop, so I can't offer a carrot to either of them. For Hall I simply reported his true identity to the authorities (US and Thai) in early December and they were working on it. For her I filed a missing person report (so that I could get paperwork for my son) last week and that went viral which brought her out of hiding.

The police are working very hard to catch Hall and bring him to justice. If it is a case of mistaken identity then he could simply report to any police station to verify his identity. I would personally apologize to him and life would go on for everyone.