South African dad thinks missing Thai wife and "rapist" boyfriend are in Bangkok - slams Thai media

webfact

Thaivisa exclusive

South African dad thinks missing Thai wife and "rapist" boyfriend are in Bangkok - slams Thai media

1pm1.jpg

Image source: Internet

BANGKOK: -- A South African man who suspects that his wife is on the run in Thailand with a convicted US rapist believes the couple are hiding in Bangkok.

Darron Beetge told Thaivisa exclusively that information that he has received indicates that his estranged wife Nitaya Beetge and Jack (or Jackson) Hall are staying somewhere in Bangkok.

The identity that Jack Hall is using is the name of Tyler Doran Smith.

He has contacted the US embassy who have promised to act by passing on the information to the correct investigators.

Thaivisa have seen email correspondence from the US embassy in Bangkok who commented that the case was "a top priority" for investigators.

Yesterday a "love drama" story appeared in Thai Rath that suggested Mr Beetge, 36, was desperate for the return of his wife.

He said this was nonsense, though he needs to contact her to get a passport for his son.

He said that he was in Khao Yai when he was contacted by the South African embassy who told him that he needed to file a missing person's report before he could gain a new passport for the couple's six year old son who is only registered as a South African national.

He filed the missing person report locally with Manit Thongkham of Muak Lek, Saraburi, police, according to Thai Rath yesterday.

Mr Beetge and his son live in Koh Samui where they intend to stay indefinitely. Mr Beetge is working as an agent finding foreign teachers.

Nitaya went missing some time ago with a man called Jack Hall who was convicted of rape in the US. He is also wanted in Alabama after skipping $50,000 bail on charges of sodomy with a five year old child.

It is believed that Nitaya knows about his past and is protecting him, claims made by Mr Beetge to Thaivisa earlier this year.

Today Mr Beetge slammed the Thai media for turning his case into a love drama which is nonsense, he said.

"It was a simple missing person report to enable me to get a passport for my son," he told Thaivisa today.

"The police filmed me making the report and then the news made up a full b****hit story for drama effect.

He said that he tried to mention about who he believes his wife to be with but they seemed uninterested at the time.

He said about the Thai police: "I tried to explain that an arrest like this would be major news and make the Thai police look very good and they just kinda nod and carry on".

However, he later confirmed that another Thai police contact is "helping put together a better version of things" using Thaivisa's article to help.

He said he had been in touch with US authorities after he received, from a friend, a confirmed phone number and address in Bangkok.

Referring to his wife and Jack Hall he said: "I friend in Bangkok saw them yesterday.

"It's 100%. The friend mentioned them being together right now in Bangkok".

He said he would not be trying to approach the couple himself - he is leaving that to the police.

Hall was reportedly armed when police in Alabama originally went to arrest him. He has a string of offences including rape and theft.

Thaivisa reported last month that Hall assumed the identity of a friend and jumped bail before ending up in Thailand where he taught English in Khon Kaen.

He met Nitaya after she broke up with her husband. Nitaya is an agent who gets jobs for foreign teachers.

Hall has been living in the kingdom and travelling to and from Cambodia under a different name using a passport obtained fraudulently in the US in the name of a friend, Thaivisa understands.

Darron Beetge, who was listed as a trainer of pilots in his homeland by Thai Rath, is acting as an agent finding jobs for people through the Teaching Jobs in Thailand page on Facebook.

He lives with his son in Samui.

The sister of Nitaya made appeals through Facebook and Thaivisa last month for help in locating her. They said that they were worried for her after learning the background of her new boyfriend and that she had gone missing.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-29

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys this needs to be edited now to remove addresses etc. Please as authorities are working on it. A lot was lost in translation when making the report. For the record I slammed the reporting on the media about me wanting her back as that was never mentioned, I just needed an affidavit to enable me to apply for a new passport for my son. So the police filed it as a secondary missing persons report on my estranged wife and I mentioned that the embassy needs her to sign for the passport. (That the media took as me wanting her back).

Edited by Darron

It seems every foreigner is teaching English these days be it fugitives, rapists, sodomists etc.  

For heaven's sake do some criminal background checks before you hire them, there are dozens of websites that do it for a small fee compared to the risk you are placing these children in.

11 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

So the guy trained pilots in his home country and here he finds jobs for teachers TIT

I was training to be a flight instructor (translation again), but things went bad with the wife so we came back to Thailand to try and salvage things. I mentioned I used to help my wife find jobs for teachers in the previous article. Now all the schools, that she used to deal, with are trying to contact her without success, so I am helping with what I can. I work remotely for an IT company back in SA as my main job.

Edited by Darron

not sure how long you have been here darron, probably a while if you have a thai son but you need a lawyer if you are going to deal with the cops and they will require payment along with the lawyer. i have had dealings with the cops and you need a lawyer present every step of the way. your best bet is to offer a reward to the cops if they can get your fife to sign over sole custody, depends how desperate she is for cash as to the amount she will want for that. many of my friends have sole custody of their kids, they all paid to get it. good luck. i have a friend on samui who can recommend a good lawyer. be warned the good lawyers are not cheap.

9 minutes ago, Darron said:

I was training to be a flight instructor (translation again), but things went bad with the wife so we came back to Thailand to try and salvage things. I mentioned I used to help my wife find jobs for teachers in the previous article. Now all the schools, that she used to deal, with are trying to contact her without success, so I am helping with what I can. I work remotely for an IT company back in SA as my main job.

Darron,

Good Luck on your endeavor. Hope it all works out

On a side note, I wouldn't respond to posts that are trying to pick on you. Just ignore and stay focused on the task at hand. You will spend more time fending off the idiots and knuckleheads.

Darron I am curious to know if you helped this guy find a teaching position in Thailand as that is your job in  Thailand.

Foreign teachers should  be asked to obtain a Working With Children Clearance and a police check from their country before being employed as teachers.

Edited by frank0424

2 hours ago, smileydude said:

It seems every foreigner is teaching English these days be it fugitives, rapists, sodomists etc.  

For heaven's sake do some criminal background checks before you hire them, there are dozens of websites that do it for a small fee compared to the risk you are placing these children in.

well, perhaps those types are the only farang who come to Thailand--maybe a closer background check by immigration on all farangs entering and especially those living here is necessary

4 hours ago, smileydude said:

so you think Thai teachers should do the same....

Short memories ......a few weeks ago this guy was said to be heading to Wat Mapka sckool to teach. We checked through contacts and found he had indeed been teaching there (dont forget he had been convicted before of sodomy ona 5 year old) when our source asked questions at the Wat, they said he had gone 1 week before but they had no clue he was the ass i question.....clearly this SA dad has cause for concern, even for a beatch ex!!

7 hours ago, smileydude said:

Hey. Fair go with the generalisations please. Maybe you should re-phrase this. Sodomists, really? By sodomist do you mean gay/homosexual men? Are you saying that gay men shouldn't be teachers or are you saying all foreign teachers are the same as this low life? Ridiculous post.

Edited by dinsdale

11 hours ago, Darron said:

Sorry guys this needs to be edited now to remove addresses etc. Please as authorities are working on it. A lot was lost in translation when making the report. For the record I slammed the reporting on the media about me wanting her back as that was never mentioned, I just needed an affidavit to enable me to apply for a new passport for my son. So the police filed it as a secondary missing persons report on my estranged wife and I mentioned that the embassy needs her to sign for the passport. (That the media took as me wanting her back).

Darron, some advice, if this really is you and not some crank.

If your wife is presently under police investigation, then best not to say too much on these forums as it could jeopardise the investigation, your wife and the criminal she is hanging out with could also be reading these posts. 

It is possible your Thai wife is being held by the guy against her will or maybe he has done her harm, but it does seem more likely she is his willing partner in crime and if this is the case, it means she has no love, feelings or respect for you whatsoever and you must literally write her off as a hopeless case. I do not know your circumstances and whether or not you have anything in your home country to go back to, like accommodation and a job so you are able to care for your children single handed? Now you should be working on getting yourself and children out of the present situation and into a stable environment whereas you can make a fresh start that does not include your wife. I certainly hope this is what you are doing. I also hope if anyone has information as to the whereabouts of Darron`s wife, that they`ll PM him and be willing to pass this information onto the police.

Edited by cyberfarang

4 hours ago, smotherb said:

well, perhaps those types are the only farang who come to Thailand--maybe a closer background check by immigration on all farangs entering and especially those living here is necessary

oh, really? i am NONE of those sordid things-

besides, they check and require entirely too much as it is for those of us who live here-

the RIGHT kind of checks, esp when intending to work as teacher, are all that are necessary

PS: if that is ALL who come to Thailand to live, which type are YOU???

Terrible response by all parties involved. A child rapist obtains a teaching job in Thailand  using a false identity and illegal passport and the Thai authorities are not all over this? The US government has an immediate obligation to intervene and  locate  its   child molesting national, not make this a "top priority".

I asked before about the sighting of the fugitive and Darrons wife but it got deleted. A question, what do you want us to do Darron? Report to you on Thai visa if we see them? Then why don't you post a photo of them on this thread? What is the point of this thread? To capture the fugitive or to publicise that your wife is with a fugitive so in case she creates child custody problems, you have this thread as a statement to show a court your concerns for your son. Just saying, none of my business and understand but not fully.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

I asked before about the sighting of the fugitive and Darrons wife but it got deleted. A question, what do you want us to do Darron? Report to you on Thai visa if we see them? Then why don't you post a photo of them on this thread? What is the point of this thread? To capture the fugitive or to publicise that your wife is with a fugitive so in case she creates child custody problems, you have this thread as a statement to show a court your concerns for your son. Just saying, none of my business and understand but not fully.

I agree. This is panning out as some kind of drama with a plot difficult to follow and expecting a twist at the end. How can Darron be so sure that his wife has absconded with the fugitive rapist and that she is not being held captive by him? I would have thought if she is his partner in crime and then caught that Darron would automatically be awarded custody of the children as would be proof she is an unfit mother. What if her life is in danger, how come the police are not conducting a nation wide search for her with photos and appeals to find her whereabouts?

Too many pieces of this puzzle missing to draw any conclusions.

Darron, some advice, if this really is you and not some crank.

If your wife is presently under police investigation, then best not to say too much on these forums as it could jeopardise the investigation, your wife and the criminal she is hanging out with could also be reading these posts. 

It is possible your Thai wife is being held by the guy against her will or maybe he has done her harm, but it does seem more likely she is his willing partner in crime and if this is the case, it means she has no love, feelings or respect for you whatsoever and you must literally write her off as a hopeless case. I do not know your circumstances and whether or not you have anything in your home country to go back to, like accommodation and a job so you are able to care for your children single handed? Now you should be working on getting yourself and children out of the present situation and into a stable environment whereas you can make a fresh start that does not include your wife. I certainly hope this is what you are doing. I also hope if anyone has information as to the whereabouts of Darron`s wife, that they`ll PM him and be willing to pass this information onto the police.

He is working on that, but needs a passport for his son, and his wife's signature is required for that. Which is all what this is about.

sent using Tapatalk