Fifty baht to use Samet loo as resort claims "fresh water is expensive"

webfact

Fifty baht to use Samet loo as resort claims "fresh water is expensive"

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook (What a rip off! 50 baht to have a wee!)

KOH SAMET: -- A Thai went on social media to complain that they were charged 50 baht to have a wee in a resort's toilet on Koh Samet.

But instead of garnering support for their gripe the online community turned on them, reported Sanook.com.

The story came from a post on the popular site Pantip where someone put a photo of a bill for two people to use a toilet. The bill said

that use of the toilet was 100 baht.

The poster said : "Who has ever had this happen to them? A resort at Samet took 50 baht per person to use the loo".

When the poster questioned the resort about the charge they said they were told that fresh water on the island was expensive so the charge was also expensive.

Fresh water is routinely carried over to the island on boats.

Following the 100 baht charge, the poster claimed that they then had ordered a coffee at the resort and were then told that there would still be a 50 baht charge to use the loo. They claimed there was no sign saying they had to pay such a large amount.

But if they expected support for their rant against the resort they were disappointed. Sanook said the majority of online commenters rounded on them saying that the resort was within their rights to charge for the use of the toilets, though some said there should be a sign.

Many commenters said that they believed that the posters of the complaint were trying to secretly use the facilities of the resort and were caught out.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-29

I don't complain if they charge for using the toilet but I think that 50 Bath is "a little" too high, but hey,  if they charge foreigners 50 Baht for using the toilet then they should charge Thai people 50 Baht too!

Actually it's kind of nice to see that they treat all tourist the same and not as the Thai government:

Thai visit Thai national park = 40 Baht

Foreigner visit Thai national = 400 Baht

16 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Hardly very good customer service is it. If you go into a place because you need the loo, get treated nicely and you will think 'Nice place, I might have to go back one day to stay."  - get charge 50 Baht and think, screw them, never going there.

pISS ON THEIR FLOOR AND THEN WALK OUT.

To avoid the Thai vs Farrang argument they just need to charge 10 baht for squat... 50 baht for sit down stall...

This reminds me of a time I was at JJ Market and the old Farrang guy in front of me was arguing with the bathroom lady wanting a discount from the 5 baht as he only needed to piss... :coffee1:

In my place I don't want to have " free un-loaders " that do not even have the politeness to sit down and order a cup of tea or something.
And since they are not guest of the house hence, technically, trespassing, the owner can charge what he thinks is appropriate..

Thainess..

I was in a small cafe a while back, ordered a breakfast and a coffee and then plugged my phone in the socket under the table to charge. They stuck an extra 20baht charging fee on the bill. The idea of repeat business or thinking reputation is alien to these people. 

However, in the case where the toilet users are not customers the venue is fairly entitled to charge something if they desire. Many backpackers and people of specific nationalities dont have shame, they'll happily, - occupy a table, charger their ipads, drink their 7/11 take out and take a number 2 in your toilet without even ordering a single thing.. 

Edited by ladada

I don't see why a toilet has to be flushed with fresh water!

Rip off, on top of the National Park charge, which I believe should cover toilet facilities.

Falang charge is 100 baht each, and don't ask why, something about their diet and needing more flushing.