Accidentally Invalidated Non-imm B Visa

Hi-

I hope somone can help as my school is on holiday and there's no-one in the office to ask. I left the country without getting a re-entry permit as I'd wrongly assumed the visa I'd been given in the UK was a multiple re-entry one- it wasn't. And so on arriving back in Thailand they invalidated my Non-Imm B (and thus work permit too) and stuck me on a 30 day tourist visa which is almost up.

I am going to Vientiene tomorrow to try and remedy the situation (i.e get a new non-imm b visa) but I'm not sure what docs I need to take. Will they see that it was just a mistake and renew the visa or will I need to take proof of employment? Will the fact that they'll be able to see the original visa stamp in my passport and my teacher's card be enough? The office in the school has hold of all my original docs and it's closed for the holidays as I said. Oh dear.

Help appreciated.

J

Hi-

I hope somone can help as my school is on holiday and there's no-one in the office to ask. I left the country without getting a re-entry permit as I'd wrongly assumed the visa I'd been given in the UK was a multiple re-entry one- it wasn't. And so on arriving back in Thailand they invalidated my Non-Imm B (and thus work permit too) and stuck me on a 30 day tourist visa which is almost up.

I am going to Vientiene tomorrow to try and remedy the situation (i.e get a new non-imm b visa) but I'm not sure what docs I need to take. Will they see that it was just a mistake and renew the visa or will I need to take proof of employment? Will the fact that they'll be able to see the original visa stamp in my passport and my teacher's card be enough? The office in the school has hold of all my original docs and it's closed for the holidays as I said. Oh dear.

Help appreciated.

J

IMHO your only possible chance is to go to Immigration in Thailand and plead your case. They just might ( only might ) help you. Going to Vientiene bereft of your paperwork will be futile.

I agree with the Dr. It actually has happened to me once at the airport. When I noticed I immidiately tried to resolve the situation but all fell on deaf ears.

Going to Laos will also be a great risk without the documentation required.

Anyway I would love to hear what came out of your visit to Laos (if you went).

Forgetting to get your Re-entry can be a very costly mistake. This cannot be repeated enough.

I agree. If you are presently in-country on a 30-day entry permit on arrival (which is NOT the same as being here on a tourist VISA), then you are completely out of luck. That sort of entry permit cannot be converted to another status - period.

And - I agree that going to Vientienne without full employment documentation, including and employment letter, is a waste of time - other than as a pleasant place to go to simply obtain another 30 day entry permit.

You COULD try applying at the Thai Embassy for a 60-day TOURIST visa. The advantage of that approach is that is is possible to have a tourist VISA (but not an entry upon arrival) converted over to a status that can be extended for employment - saving you from having to make ANOTHER run to get a Class B visa.

Good luck!

Indo-Siam