Recommendations for Car Re-Spray

damen

Hi Guys,

I want to get my car re-sprayed, any recommendations please...and how long did it take ?

Looking for something not expensive as my car is not very new. Budget from 10k to 20k.

Thanks,

Regards,
Damen

16 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I'm having a case of Daja vu.

I've read that first line before somewhere

Yes i copy the context. But it was a old thread. Someone says that respray shop near to supercheap around 10k to 20k quotation. does anybody know where it is? Yesterday i try my luck, but couldn't find it. 

i went around and ask, the quotation was 35k minimum. I am trying my luck to see if there is cheaper shop does respray. My car is 10 years old. Don't wish to spent alot on it. 

1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

If you can't handle a bit of humour on this forum, and insist everyone only address your "requirements" you might find some have little incentive to assist in future.

I did go to the trouble of searching for an old thread on the subject for little acknowledgement from you.

My last input. You have an old car which you want resprayed for peanuts, do it yourself.

Humour i could take it. But seems to me, you are the one who can't take it. Thank for your rubbish input. 

42 minutes ago, damen said:

i went around and ask, the quotation was 35k minimum. I am trying my luck to see if there is cheaper shop does respray. My car is 10 years old. Don't wish to spent alot on it.

Getting a cheap respray can be a false economy... it might look good for about 18 months  but  the very harsh UV will kill cheap paint in  no time

and any rust will  quickly start to show through....they also love that bloody body filler  which comes off in large slabs at the slightest prang and seems to be hygroscopic too so it attracts and keeps moister next to the metal..so even more rust.

That being said there is no harm in trying to get a cheaper quote...if you keep the same colour  or don't mind about the inside colour being different than outside  they can save some money by not having to strip the interior.

@damen

Recently, I sprayed and finished an electric guitar body using spray cans, as you mention above.

- two coats primer/masker, two coats colour and four coats clear lacquer, then much finishing with three grades of sandpaper and two finishing compounds (paste).

This took ******* ages, and it was only a guitar!

You'll struggle to do a good job. It will take forever and never set as hard as real auto paint, and it will end up costing somewhere within your stated budget anyway.

Get someone else to do it.

There's a well known place behind the TOT office on Chao Fa West - see map. The gold star in the middle is the Tot office and the grey placemark down Soi Jaofa 48 is approx where the paint shop is. It's quite a large warehouse type building with a big office on the left as you go in.

There's a very small place on Viset Road, Rawai, if you want to go super-cheap. It may be difficult to find but if you want details, post back

:smile:

Paint shop.png

Archived