Man enters widow's house in Roi-Et and gets more than he bargained for

webfact

7 hours ago, northernboy said:

You mean like America?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

1 vote for leave Thailand as it is with all its humour, differences , good or bad ...depending on your point of view.

If you dont like it why do you stay here ???

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Why was a women living with a young daughter allowed to own a .38? Was the husband a cop? The firearm should have been surrendered on his death. This story could tragically have gone the other way. Are we to assume that most Thai households have a gun? Sleeping with a loaded gun under your pillow sounds insanely dangerous and uncomfortable.

3 women, grandmother, mother and daughter, if you ask me, should have been 3 .38 guns, one for each, i.e. no man in the house, next best thing, a .38 

9 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

He said it was all one big misunderstanding. He had seen the widow earlier in the day and she had ignored him, he claimed. So after drinking heavily until midnight he went to see her to ask why she would not speak to him."

Had he not been drinking perhaps romance may have followed? 

I reckon that in his inebriated state, it was romance he had on his mind with one of them.....Mother, daughter or grandma?

Edited by The Deerhunter

8 hours ago, Sphere said:

And, never fire 6 warning shots from a 6-chamber revolver. :thumbsup:

Two warning shots and 3 AD's while struggling.  That's Five, but hammer down on empty chamber means 5 shots to an empty gun.  Or possibly a small (Smith type) "J frame" gun with five chambers. Or lastly, maybe 6 loaded rounds (one still available) and he was a lucky man.  Most likely option last.  Lucky to be alive with all his problems ironed out.

7 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Yup and the trick is that once you have fired at the person, fire a shot thru the ceiling and claim you gave the intruder a warning first. Fired at the intruder in self-defense. Hard to disprove! :smile:

Old and not true.  In many "left-leaning" jurisdictions it proves you could control the gun and so shot the guy deliberately.  Not necessarily murder "1",  but serious legal doo doo.  An alternative one was  "I was so frightened the gun must have gone off by accident. I do not remember pulling the trigger.  But I was sooo scared.  It was a compete accident." 

3 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

"In 2010 a Turkish bridegroom killed three relatives when he fired an AK-47 at his own wedding...

A US study found that 118 people were treated for random "falling-bullet injuries" at one Los Angeles medical centre between 1985 and 1992, resulting in the deaths of 38."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-14616491

This has been done to death before.   Bullets fired straight up until they stop and fall tumbling straight down, are no problem.  Wear a beret or a straw hat, little or no damage, just "ouch."    125 grain 9mm bullet = less than 1/3 ounce.  You do the maths.  However, bullets fired only a little off vertical are a whole different story.  They do not "stop" before coming back down to earth. They are not just "falling."  They are still under fired gun power at considerable velocity and possibly still spinning point on.  They kill!!!!!  A whole different ball of wax.

On 2017/3/29 at 5:47 PM, IamNoone88 said:

A widow with acute hearing, sleeping with a loaded .38 under her pillow, a spurned drunken intruder, a young daughter repelling the attacker with an iron in the ensuing struggle, an aged yet feisty mother joining in! That is some household. Too much for me!

In Thailand everything is possible, otherwise how do you think they could stop so many foreign countries from colonizing their country?