Okay for Red Bull "Boss' not to appear, prosecutors say

webfact

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And all you guys didn't get the April Fool's Day.......:post-4641-1156694572:

Thailand is neither corrupt nor do they have prostitution and drugs.

Edited by ajarngreg
changing

<deleted> Thailand, when will you stop turning yourself into a real joke? This idiot mowed down a cop, and killed him. Without remorse. Unfair treatment? I wonder if the family of the deceased find it fair that their beloved father/husband was taken away by a stinking elitist <deleted>.

This is the true colour of Thailand.

4 minutes ago, outsider said:

This is the true colour of Thailand.

Gotta say, cases like this give me pause about my decision to live and work in Thailand.  To date, the paycheck has made it okay, but...

Retire here?  Probably not.  I like the people.  Well, at least the ones that stoop low enough to hang out with the likes of me. 

But between unsolved murders of foreigners and solved, but unpunished killings of all manners of common folk, I'm not sure I'd feel very good about playing in this sand box.   And the reasons to go elsewhere just keep piling on.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

No wonder that this Country is in a mess,,,People have no Resect for the Law & the worst thing is ,The Law has No respect for the people and country. :angry:

You are so right, Digger70.

And yet, officially - according to the very first Chapter of the new Thai Constitution - 'the sovereign power belongs to the Thai people'. Did you see that? It is a direct quote. The Thai people - it is enshrined there in the new highest law - have complete control over their collective destiny; it says so.  The Thai people are SOVEREIGN.

This is the most blatant example of how Thai officialdom (whether at work, in school, in universities, in companies, the courts, in government and beyond) just spout impressive-sounding words - and then disregard those principles the very next second and do the exact opposite thing. And hardly anyone raises a syllable of indignant protest. Probably too busy worrying about whether they are wearing the correct, prescribed. morbid colour coding  ...

As has been said many times here, the words 'disgraceful' and 'disgusting' don't come anywhere close to what most of us feel about this situation of ultimate hypocrisy and shamelessness.

5 hours ago, champers said:

You need to read a few editions of Private Eye if you think all is well in the UK. The old boys network is alive and kicking. You may recall the case of Ernest Saunders ( one of the Guiness Four) who was released early from prison after contracting incurable Alzheimers disease. After his release he made a full recovery from the incurable disease.

Money shouts loud accross the globe; the Thais haven't fully mastered the art of keeping it out of the public domain, but they are working hard to change that with their stringent controls of social and traditional media.

Yes he recovered completely in about two weeks, but i cannot see this scrote ever appearing in any court, unless maybe the head honcho makes an example, and really show he means business in his quest to rid Thailand of corruption by arresting the brat!

A certain member who likes to tell us that the rich and elite here also suffer the consequences of the law is eerily quiet on this story. 

He was all over the story yesterday using semantics over morals. Quiet today. Strange that. 

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Good job, prosecutors! It's okay because he has money

Nothing is changing in Thailand. Well, the economy is tanking and things are becoming more expensive. Meet the new boss - the same as the old one. 

Absolutely abhorrent behaviour in a Buddhist nation. Shame. 

No its not- its because ITS THE LAW. As I stated in the other thread, as loathsome and arrogant as he is there was no requirement for him to present himself at this stage.

Tons of bandwith angst could have been saved if people had been able to comprehend this simple fact.

This is total loss of face for the PM because the PM has stated that he has changed the justice system so that it fair to all Thai citizen ... clearly it's not

the PM should either retract his statements or us Article 44 and step in and see that justice is served for killing a police officer fleeing the scene of an accident and then leaving the country

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Gotta say, cases like this give me pause about my decision to live and work in Thailand.  To date, the paycheck has made it okay, but...

Retire here?  Probably not.  I like the people.  Well, at least the ones that stoop low enough to hang out with the likes of me. 

But between unsolved murders of foreigners and solved, but unpunished killings of all manners of common folk, I'm not sure I'd feel very good about playing in this sand box.   And the reasons to go elsewhere just keep piling on.

Now, please do not be too hard on them. If you see an airborne farang flying down outside of your condo's window, it could also be part of your delirium tremens. Mai Phen Rai. 

Just act like it's normal and all will be fine. Wel, maybe not. or both. 

LOAF= Land of Airborne Farangs. The smiles are long gone..........

This sounds like a real winner for everybody ( except the dead bloke, of course)

at the rate they are going, all charges bar the reckless driving charge will be thrown out by the statute of limitations rule.... and the defendant is claiming the cop drove ( recklessly?) into his path.

meanwhile... prosecutors originally dealing with the case have been moved or promoted... grab a hold of some of that shjt!

and all the while, this skunk has been claiming he hasn't been dealt with fairly by the police.... after killing one of them!

but unfortunately, he's to preoccupied in England (running amuck!) to face charges

trial in absentia required.... freeze bank accounts / assets.... revoke passport

46 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Yes he recovered completely in about two weeks, but i cannot see this scrote ever appearing in any court, unless maybe the head honcho makes an example, and really show he means business in his quest to rid Thailand of corruption by arresting the brat!

As you point out he was charged, appeared in court and did time.

The defenders of Thai "justice" are forever seeking western "swallows" to prove the "Summer" of their assertions.

That they are so few and far between (while huge flocks exist in Thailand) only highlights the weakness of their argument.

Edited by Enoon

7 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

And as it is a government office then it is fair to state that the Junta must support what appears to be a travesty of a fair judicial system.

''....fair judicial system''  (Thailand) Best laugh I have had in years LOL:laugh:!

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Good job, prosecutors! It's okay because he has money. 

Nothing is changing in Thailand. Well, the economy is tanking and things are becoming more expensive. Meet the new boss - the same as the old one. 

Absolutely abhorrent behaviour in a Buddhist nation. Shame. 

Fear not, they are going to reform Buddhism, so that aspect is sorted!

6 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The spokesman replied that the fact that Vorayuth was from one of the richest families was not a factor. :cheesy:

BIG WIND UP. This guy will not serve even one day in prison.

Any chance of  him suing Thailand for damages??

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Red Bull heir “Boss” to face arrest warrant if he misses next summons April 27

RedBull.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Office of the Attorney-General (OAG) announced today that it may issue arrest warrant for Red Bull heir if he fails to appear before the attorney-general on April 27 to hear formal charges against him.

Affirmation of the pursuance of legal action against Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya, 31, was announced by the OAG deputy spokesman Prayut Phetkun at a press conference to report progress in the controversial case that has been dragged on for almost five years.

The spokesman said the OAG did not stay put in pursuing legal suit against the heir, reasoning that the delay was due to the suspect did not report himself to the prosecutors but designated lawyers  to ask for the postponement of hearing his  prosecution.

Earlier the OAG has set today for the suspect to report himself but his lawyers asked to put it off to April 27, he said.

He said if he does not show up again on April 27 to hear charges, the OAG might consider to issue arrest warrant for him.

He said that the OAG did not neglect the case but it was delayed because the suspect filed complaint to the  Commission for Law, Police and Justice of the National Legislative Assembly seeking for justice after the police and the prosecutors have conflict on speeding charge against him.

The conflict was later taken advantage by the suspect to seek postponement of his prosecution, he said.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/red-bull-heir-boss-face-arrest-warrant-misses-next-summons-april-27/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-30

i always knew ir, if you know who to pay you can get away with murder, and other minor offences