Prosecutors bow to "Boss's" request for another postponement

webfact

9 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

The point of punishment is not revenge, it is about avoiding it happening in the future.

Sending someone to jail for a long time sends a signal, not only to the person who did it, but to society in general that the behavior is not acceptable and has serious consequences.

Others will take notice and with the given consequences they will probably do their best to it not happening again.

Letting someone get away by paying off the family sends a signal that money can buy everything. If you are rich enough you can do whatever you want to whoever you want.

You don't like your neighbors? Just shoot them and give the family and few milion baht.

You don't like the guy in traffic in front of you? Just drive over his legs a few times with your car and give him some money.

You don't like a person called Philthyphil on TVF? Just cut of his hands and balls and give his relatives some cash.

Is that a society you want to live in?

p.s. If it was an accident is something that still needs to be determined. But to me everything points to it not being an accident as the driver was drunk, speeding, on drugs, etc.

You are right about a deterrent. But it doesn't really work, as people still die in countries where you are jailed for this. Because everybody thinks "it will never happen to me"

murdering your neighbour is different because of intent. You can't pay the family to drop charges in murder cases in Thailand. For that you have to pay the cops and the courts.

if you chop off my balls, well, Thailand would still be the best country in the world to live in. I would fit in well. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

The upside of this fiasco is that Dear Little Boss is exposing the inequality and injustice of the Thai system to all  with the slightest interest in Thailand. 

Appalling, showing up the real unequal system of law here. It has been published not just here but in the international press as well. Thailand sinking deeper and deeper. This will not be a peaceful nation and uprisings will occur if elections are not held within the next 12 months. One only has to talk to many ordinary working Thais to know this. This imaginary govt. regards all its citizens as people with a very low intelligence which is a fatal mistake.

1 hour ago, eggers said:

After 4.5 yrs of this spoilt brat swanning around the globe, anyone else would be already serving a jail term!!

A total farce; with people fearful to act b/c of Vorayuth/Chaleo family's name & influence.....time PM Prayut intervenes & exerts pressure to bring this case to a conclusion!!!

Yes, you even spend time in jail for hit and runs you were never involved with and after being released and trying to seek justice,  you are threatened with defamation despite witnesses to the crime being ignored by investigators.

Edited by Reigntax
Typo

The worst for me is that no organisation or group of people in the west have reacted to this by organising a boycott of Red Bull. As soon as Red Bull loose sales and gets hammered by the international press the Boss will be made a boy. How can they even allow this murder to wear their brand he is disgrace and so are they. Don't drink Red Bull and share this article with friends on you Facebook (if you have one) and lets do something instead of shaking our heads.

1 hour ago, Philthyphil said:

Yesterday I listed a few other cases where a Thai girl killed nine people, a tv star killed a cop, the  Thai merc driver who killed the two students, the Brit merc driver who killed a cop in cha am, another Brit merc driver who killed two women in Chiangrai, another Brit in a pickup who killed two Thais riding a motorbike etcetc

Everyone seems up in arms about this red bull heir, but this is the system works here, if you pay the family and they accept it, everyone pretty much moves on. 

The didn't murder anyone, it was an accident, even if negligent. 

If I were in the same boat, I would do the same thing. The cop is dead already, what is the point of going to jail.

A Russian I personally know killed a Thai riding his motorbike too fast. THe family wanted 300,000. He initially refused and spent 6months in jail before agreeing. As soon as he paid he was let out. 

Maybe it is a bit distasteful to some, but that is the system here. 

If you really think about it, it is very practical. Better than in western countries where the family gets sweet FA and the driver spends years in jail, at the taxpayers expense, for what was an accident.What is the point, apart from revenge?

And Prayut doesn't care what foreigners think. He is not working for foreigners, he is working for Thais, some more than others.

So Phil because I think your comments are insane as far as TRUE justice is concerned. Next time i'm in Thailand and I see you on a road I will get pissed then drive over you and then say to the cops "oops I made an error sorry" but at least stay there till they arrive. After a short money haggle with your family/next of kin, as to compensation and end up paying them the 300,000 bah, which I can easily afford, and I'm no Red bull heir, I will then fly back to Aussie land without a worry in the world. So watch it when you cross the road.Phil :-)

the simple solution is to seize the family fortune/assets until he does appear in court, by doing that they will stop him from being able to use it to keep away from the law. Obviously his family is paying to keep him away from the courts so make them all suffer, again we see thai justice does not apply to the  wealthy and that they are not made to follow the rules of law. His parents are just as guilty so make them pay for it as well

How about a fund set up in an offshore bank to pay for an open contract on this piece of garbage. Kneecap him in both knees and you collect. Should be easy peasy for someone with the skill set of John Wick. The "Boss" would be easy pickings as he seems to favor Formula 1 racing events, that gives those interested in collecing plenty of time to follow him during the four days at each racing venue and see where he is the most vunerable. Just a random thought.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, seajae said:

the simple solution is to seize the family fortune/assets until he does appear in court, by doing that they will stop him from being able to use it to keep away from the law. Obviously his family is paying to keep him away from the courts so make them all suffer, again we see thai justice does not apply to the  wealthy and that they are not made to follow the rules of law. His parents are just as guilty so make them pay for it as well

just cancel the cretins passport - simple easy solution.  

2 hours ago, Philthyphil said:

You are right about a deterrent. But it doesn't really work, as people still die in countries where you are jailed for this. Because everybody thinks "it will never happen to me"

murdering your neighbour is different because of intent. You can't pay the family to drop charges in murder cases in Thailand. For that you have to pay the cops and the courts.

if you chop off my balls, well, Thailand would still be the best country in the world to live in. I would fit in well. 

Getting pissed and drugged up is INTENT, as is offering up the gardener as the driver and then skipping the country with little school boy excuses as why the scumbag can't come back.

Of course the piss poor legal system who bends over for the rich and famous doesn't help either

5 hours ago, bdenner said:

This charade is hitting the International press so surely the PM MUST be aware of it and what a laughing stock Thailand is becoming over this matter. So is he or is he NOT going to do anything about it?

Looking at who is involved I think it is above his pay grade. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

However, Attorney-General spokesman Prayut repeated yesterday that Vorayuth’s family background and enormous wealth would not influence prosecutors.

The Attorney-General decided to indict him in April of last year but he had consistently failed to turn up in court, with his lawyer requesting postponements many times on the grounds that the suspect was abroad, Prayut said.

The two facts from the press release that highlight the benefits and other consequences of Thailand's justice system and the philosophy of privilege the authorities have embedded into Thai society.

This institutionalised aberration of "rule of law" is a fire alarm most Thai citizens either ignore out of fear of further oppression or don't understand.

Many Thai people believe in karma. Whatever you do wrong in life will come back round for you. Many Thais genuinely believe this in a spiritual sense. I believe in it as much as if you F over enough people, someone, someday, is going to seek retribution. 

A scary part of living in Thailand is the law and order. It simply doesn't exist. It's made up as they go along. There are no technicalities or loopholes for the poor. There seems to be no common sense or compassion applied when it comes to some crimes, and lots of leeway given when it comes to other crimes. Laws are not followed to the letter but merely to the whim of some high-so judge. 

Bad people don't scare me. Bad people who are such towering narcissists do. They genuinely believe they can do no wrong. They're above other people so are allowed to do as they please. Not only can they do as they please, but they can also do it believing no criminal or immoral action has taken place. It's their right to do so. Given that, and the belief that rich people must be good people, you have a very scary society at times. People who say "He's paid the money so just leave it". That's truly scary when normal folk buy into it. They buy into because they simply don't care. They have no empathy for others, or compassion. They think nothing bad will ever happen to them so why worry? But wait 'til it does happen to them, and in their view, their injustice should be the centre story of the universe. 

Narcissism, greed and an inferiority complex will be the death of us all. Judging others based on how much money they have or how they document their lives on social media - is taking a huge hold on people. Those movies you see set in the future where people simply don't care about each other are coming true. The people in power need to set examples, but they won't. They won't set examples because they're the very people I just described. Sanctimonious, gutless, self serving narcissists. 

5 hours ago, newatthis said:

Around April 27th is the Russian Grand Prix so he'll be "busy" then. He should be able to meet them after end of the season in November.

His lawyers will file again a complaint.

This date, 27 April is unfair.

It is a bloody Racing day.

1 hour ago, jhonnie said:

poor boys going to have to get a Montenegrin passport and go to live in the Middle East

Or perhaps his very rich family can buy their own political party and engineer it to be in government and then push a special amnesty bill through for him?

The current and previous government don't seemed concerned by this and other similar cases involving hiso, rich, connected, or celebrities. Otherwise they would be looking hard at the judicial process and reforms. 

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Many Thai people believe in karma. Whatever you do wrong in life will come back round for you. Many Thais genuinely believe this in a spiritual sense. I believe in it as much as if you F over enough people, someone, someday, is going to seek retribution. 

A scary part of living in Thailand is the law and order. It simply doesn't exist. It's made up as they go along. There are no technicalities or loopholes for the poor. There seems to be no common sense or compassion applied when it comes to some crimes, and lots of leeway given when it comes to other crimes. Laws are not followed to the letter but merely to the whim of some high-so judge. 

Bad people don't scare me. Bad people who are such towering narcissists do. They genuinely believe they can do no wrong. They're above other people so are allowed to do as they please. Not only can they do as they please, but they can also do it believing no criminal or immoral action has taken place. It's their right to do so. Given that, and the belief that rich people must be good people, you have a very scary society at times. People who say "He's paid the money so just leave it". That's truly scary when normal folk buy into it. They buy into because they simply don't care. They have no empathy for others, or compassion. They think nothing bad will ever happen to them so why worry? But wait 'til it does happen to them, and in their view, their injustice should be the centre story of the universe. 

Narcissism, greed and an inferiority complex will be the death of us all. Judging others based on how much money they have or how they document their lives on social media - is taking a huge hold on people. Those movies you see set in the future where people simply don't care about each other are coming true. The people in power need to set examples, but they won't. They won't set examples because they're the very people I just described. Sanctimonious, gutless, self serving narcissists. 

Says it all - such a sad state of affairs that the average Thai hasn't any chance of making any change - hence what appears as apathy is really hopelessness of anything better for the majority. 

On any visa application I've made over the years, there's usually a question asking something like "Have you ever been charged with a crime?".

Any on-the-ball visa officer should now be aware that this scumbag has been charged with crimes and should refuse any visa app.

The UK visa he currently seems to be using should be cancelled immediately on the grounds that he's lied on his app. and the 10 year ban should be enforced.

The visa application more likely asks whether you have been 'convicted' of a crime, not 'charged'. Many innocent people are 'charged' and then found not guilty.

10 minutes ago, NCFC said:

The visa application more likely asks whether you have been 'convicted' of a crime, not 'charged'. Many innocent people are 'charged' and then found not guilty.

I know what question was asked.

'Convicted' was one question, which isn't (and probably never will be, on the present performance of the Thai prosecutors) relevant in the case of this Red Bull bloke.

Just checked my wife's last UK visa app. and the wording is (copy & paste) "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CHARGED IN ANY COUNTRY WITH A CRIMINAL OFFENCE FOR WHICH YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN TRIED IN THE COURT (INCLUDING TRAFFIC OFFENCES)?". That's typical of similar questions asked by many countries in my experience, although it's many years since I applied for any visa other than Thailand or for my wife's UK visas.

I think that if somebody had been charged with an offence quite recently and were suddenly applying for a visa to travel, it should ring a few alarm bells. They could, of course, lie but that'd lead to cancellation of a visa & a lengthy ban from the country concerned, if found out.

Of course people are found 'Not Guilty' but if the case hasn't yet come to court, they could be attempting to evade justice, as in this bloke's case. 

11 hours ago, Philthyphil said:

Yesterday I listed a few other cases where a Thai girl killed nine people, a tv star killed a cop, the  Thai merc driver who killed the two students, the Brit merc driver who killed a cop in cha am, another Brit merc driver who killed two women in Chiangrai, another Brit in a pickup who killed two Thais riding a motorbike etcetc

Everyone seems up in arms about this red bull heir, but this is the system works here, if you pay the family and they accept it, everyone pretty much moves on. 

The didn't murder anyone, it was an accident, even if negligent. 

If I were in the same boat, I would do the same thing. The cop is dead already, what is the point of going to jail.

A Russian I personally know killed a Thai riding his motorbike too fast. THe family wanted 300,000. He initially refused and spent 6months in jail before agreeing. As soon as he paid he was let out. 

Maybe it is a bit distasteful to some, but that is the system here. 

If you really think about it, it is very practical. Better than in western countries where the family gets sweet FA and the driver spends years in jail, at the taxpayers expense, for what was an accident.What is the point, apart from revenge?

And Prayut doesn't care what foreigners think. He is not working for foreigners, he is working for Thais, some more than others.

the  point  is whilst  inside  they  cannot do  the  same  thing  to  others