Skin biopsy

PMK

Have no knowledge of Pattaya but believe they are charged by the size.  Small pimple type are not too expensive but has been awhile so not sure what I paid here in Bangkok.  Well worth the price if they find cancer so you can get it removed properly.  

Just had Dr. Anna ( BPH ) remove 2 two and one other one a few months ago .

After all of her fees and lab work ( room they charge for and long list of supplies ) first test ( few months ago ) was around 10,000 and second one ( two weeks ago ) that had two spots and stitches was about 16,000 ( that's lab work also and the return visit to go over results 1500 more .

Had Basel cell carcinoma found few years ago and it had to be cut on twice very deep to get all of so now get checked every 6 months and if something is suspect cut off and do lab work to identify as melanoma is very prevalent now and can kill you fast if it's not gotten and spreads to other organs . We are lucky to have Dr. Anna at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital .

The above fees would be for the excision as well as the biopsy (since obviously there has to be an excision before there can be a biopsy).

The biopsy itself will be a few thousand baht. Cost of the excision  will vary greatly depending in the size and depth of the lesion and whether it needs a plastic surgeon in order to avoid scarring (for example, a deep facial lesion).

Dr. Anna at BPH is the only doctor I would recommend for a suspected skin cancer. In addition to eh excision and biopsy she will also do a complete skin inspection. She specializes in skin cancer and knows what she is looking at.

Dusit ? Hmmmm this may explain the many changes I have witnessed at this hospital over last 10 years but there are still some good Dr.'s and personal there . Must be challenging for some of the staff to stay after so many administrative and ownership changes that have altered policies and practices there .

Archived