Grandmother, 74, left for dead as would be rapist arrested in Buriram

rooster59

Grandmother, 74, left for dead as would be rapist arrested in Buriram

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQzOC8yMTkzMDQyL2ltZ184ODIxLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

BURIRAM:-- The world of social media in Thailand was sickened when a picture was posted of a 74 year old woman who was attacked by a young man in her own home.

The man - who was known to the old lady - tried to rape her but she fought back. She managed to squeeze his private parts and stop the attack.

But she was still left seriously hurt with a broken arm and extensive bruising over her whole body.

The attack happened at the woman's home in the Ban Nonhai area of Buriram during the night on Friday. All her children were out at work when the assailant entered the house.

The man who has frequently been hanging out the front of her house and is known to her was high on drugs and drunk, reported Sanook.

Police subsequently made an arrest charging the man - thought to be a teen - with assault, attempted rape and illegal house entering.

Sanook said society was sickened after a picture of the grandmother was shown on the DR.Kv.3 page on Facebook.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-01

10 minutes ago, Kabula said:

Wow.....

Very sad story.

He must have been high.

Had he left the home he would have had a better set of options!

A better set of options for what? Attempted rape, and then assault?   That comment is out of order.  

6 minutes ago, KKr said:

sicko, anyone against death penalty here ?
1, 2, 3, gone.

Yes, I am against Death Penalty under ANY circumstances. Capital punishment is a legal murder.

I fully agree hat this is an awful and most disgusting crime, for which the perpetrator should be severely punished to protect the society from him. He should spend the rest of his life in a closed institute (prison or a mental refuge) and preferably with hard labour. Anything to punish this psycho and protect the society, but NOT, repeat NOT, legal murder.

Prisons are to soft and too many people do not mind going there sometime better than the society  it is sad but if death penalty would of remain these scum bags would think twice before going nuts.

Thailand does have the death penalty doesn't it?  Not sure about prisons in Thailand being soft, I guess it depends on what you term as soft.  Certainly a place with lots of drugs, rape and violence so this guy will probably fit in quite well.  I wonder how he will like being on the receiving end? 

6 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

Yes, I am against Death Penalty under ANY circumstances. Capital punishment is a legal murder.

I fully agree hat this is an awful and most disgusting crime, for which the perpetrator should be severely punished to protect the society from him. He should spend the rest of his life in a closed institute (prison or a mental refuge) and preferably with hard labour. Anything to punish this psycho and protect the society, but NOT, repeat NOT, legal murder.

I'm quite sure that the relatives of the woman would beg to differ with you...<deleted>...! In fact, I'm quite sure the relatives would just as soon take the bastard out back and beat him to death...A righteous kill, but even that would be too easy on him. Society is better without scum like that. That goes for pedophiles also...!

8 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

I see nothing wrong with legal murder, just about everything else has the term legal, so why not the death penalty.

I can assure you if this happened to your mother you would be thinking differently, not that I would ever wish this upon anyone's mother let alone any female/person.

Had this happened to my mother, he would be dead without thinking twice !

Edited by 4MyEgo

I see nothing wrong with legal murder, just about everything else has the term legal, so why not the death penalty.

I can assure you if this happened to your mother you would be thinking differently, not that I would ever wish this upon anyone's mother let alone any female/person.

Had this happened to my mother, he would be dead without thinking twice !

If he were dead, he wouldn't be thinking once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

He would be dead without me thinking twice

I seem to be the only one against the death penalty. Of course, I would tend to kill the bastard if the victim was my mother, wife, or daughter, sister. However, I think I would still restrain myself. The only instance where killing another person can be justified is in self defence, or trying to defend another person and there is no other way. Let me ask you all a simple question: doesn't stealing from a thief make you a thief? Isn't lynching a criminal offense? So why should a state be allowed to take a person's life,  even if he/she is an awful criminal? Only God who has given us life can take it from us. This my deepest belief and conviction!

As an Athiest, I have no compassion for those who kill children &/or old folk. What 'god' would allow that to happen and why?

Clearly, when I die, I must be going to a different Theme Park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

I seem to be the only one against the death penalty. Of course, I would tend to kill the bastard if the victim was my mother, wife, or daughter, sister. However, I think I would still restrain myself. The only instance where killing another person can be justified is in self defence, or trying to defend another person and there is no other way. Let me ask you all a simple question: doesn't stealing from a thief make you a thief? Isn't lynching a criminal offense? So why should a state be allowed to take a person's life,  even if he/she is an awful criminal? Only God who has given us life can take it from us. This my deepest belief and conviction!

We all have different views, beliefs and opinions, that's what makes us all individuals.

Me personally from young forming my own views, having gone to church etc etc, I see religion as something that was created to keep the masses under control, however when I look at all the different types of religions, good and bad, I believe it is not for me, so in saying that, I do good to others because it makes me feel good as a person, I do not steal, rape or kill, however am a firm believer in an eye for an eye, as for God, well he can deal with this guy when his dead, if there is a God, amen 555

On 4/1/2017 at 4:47 PM, mettech said:

Prisons are to soft and too many people do not mind going there sometime better than the society  it is sad but if death penalty would of remain these scum bags would think twice before going nuts.

On the other hand, if a perpetrator goes nuts as you put it, there is no restraint in case the penalty would be the same whether the victim aka witness  is alive or murdered.

On 4/2/2017 at 10:00 AM, abrahamzvi said:

If you were to go back to Natural Law, what I think is a basis for Roman and thus other Western Laws, you'd find that stealing makes you a thief, and extrajudicial killings are not accepted.
But, if a being attacks its own, the herd would take care of that being. Similarly, the State as a representative of the people, must protect the people and can choose to do so by "withdrawing" certain individuals.

Then, whether "only God who has given us life can take it away from us" seems to be contradicted by the frequent passing of humans due to murderers, battlefields, traffic etc.
Surely you do not want to suggest that murderers, soldiers and traffic violators are the executors of His will ?