Thais call for tougher drink driving penalties in wake of death of "Nong Amway" in Lamphun

rooster59

On 4/1/2017 at 10:19 AM, seajae said:

in western countries they actually have police out on the roads so that they can pull over anyone breaking the law or looking like they are driving under the influence. Here the police sit in air conditioned offices all day and rarely even leave them unless it is to collect tea money. Maybe if the govt actually made the police patrol the roads it would stop a lot of the deaths but that would mean having to train them to drive correctly(as well as teaching them the road rules and making them follow them) and supplying actual cars instead of the crap trucks they have now. The revenue they would collect if they actually did this would more than make up for all the costs and reduce road deaths as well but it will not happen. Even issuing long jail time and big fines for people caught breaking the law would help but even that will never happen, too many people would lose face

YOU have got it all "RIGHT"....................

On 01/04/2017 at 4:35 PM, jvs said:

If you do not stop your drunk mates from driving drunk and they kill some one on their way home would you still have a clear conscience?

Yes, I would.  One thing's for sure, I wouldn't be in their car with them.  

If you think you can change the world overnight, go for it; I'm sure that everybody will rest easy knowing you're on the job.