SURVEY: Is the violence in the South getting worse?

Scott

SURVEY: Violence in the South -- better, worse, the same?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There has been a recent upsurge in violence in the South.   In your opinion, do you believe the violence is increasing, decreasing or about the same.  

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Here us a recent thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/975490-violence-worsening-in-deep-south-as-rkk-fields-new-recruits/

What anyone believe should be irrelevant. This is not where opinions are up for grabs. If statistics says it is increasing, or factual information says there's increasing activity we should be worried about, then it is, if not, then it is not. We're talking fact claims, not spiritual believes.

If there are facts (some mentioned in the article you linked to) then lets talk about those facts, if there are more, then post it, otherwise, what would be the use of it? To hear Oluf Nielsen's opinion about something he knows absolutely nothing about? Pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, HOAX said:

What anyone believe should be irrelevant. This is not where opinions are up for grabs. If statistics says it is increasing, or factual information says there's increasing activity we should be worried about, then it is, if not, then it is not. We're talking fact claims, not spiritual believes.

If there are facts (some mentioned in the article you linked to) then lets talk about those facts, if there are more, then post it, otherwise, what would be the use of it? To hear Oluf Nielsen's opinion about something he knows absolutely nothing about? Pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Ah, but if the Quack is right, it is all fake news. I think it matters as to your feelings about the situation. I have lived in questionable areas--Vietnam, Iran, Lebanon, Honduras, Southern PI, and Southern Thailand for many years. My first experience was when I read the news accounts of the dangers in Vietnam as I was having a breakfast of crab, asparagas, and a mild boucanier omelette with baguette and French coffee being served by a beautiful young Vietnamese lady. I read of the terrors, torments and absolute dangers of war in Vietnam; yet I was quite comfortable in my situation. I have lived in Southern Thailand for ten years now; I feel quite safe here although I have had many farangs tell me how dangerous it is.  

Increasing:

Violence worsening in deep South as RKK fields new recruits

“We are worried about the situation as shootings have recently occurred on a daily basis in Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat provinces,” Southern Border Provinces Police Operation Centre’s deputy commissioner Pol Maj-General Tanongsak Wangsupha

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310335

On 4/3/2017 at 3:06 PM, Docno said:

Isn't this a question best answered by statistics rather than perceptions? Even the question seems to suggest an answer: "there's been a recent upsurge in violence".

Do you believe that the facts presented by the government are true?   Do you believe all of the acts of violence are reported by news?   

Thailand (and the rest of the world) needs to do what China did near their middle eastern borders.

Not so long ago, a certain religious group tried to start some serious shit there, killing off non-believers and people who were seen as a "threat" to their religion / "way of life". They basically demanded implementation of sharia-law, and vowed to kill all who opposed them.

Chinese army went in and sorted them out, while also banning all media from documenting their actions.

No one knows exactly what happened, but the trouble makers and all their supporters vanished, and were never heard from again. :)

Edited by ricku

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎05 at 4:30 AM, Credo said:

Do you believe that the facts presented by the government are true?   Do you believe all of the acts of violence are reported by news?   

No... but I also don't believe I have more facts available to me than these sources. Neither do you ... unless you want to go down there and do an investigative report yourself. Just because our sources may not be reliable, it does not mean our perceptions (ultimately based on the reporting of those sources) are more accurate...