90 Day Reporting...What is the "grace" period?

Anyone know the actual "grace" period for 90 reporting, in Jometien specifically?

Situation:

Required date is April 4th, 2017(the automatic type stapled to the back page of the passport, no form usually required)

Leaving the Kingdom by air(BKK) April 12th, 2017(never had an airport officer check the 90 day paper, but maybe in the computer?)

Is there really any need in going into Pattaya and said "beach" area to get this done? I do intend on returning to Thailand in about three or four weeks on a Type "O" with a valid Multi Re-Entry permit.

Thank you and God Bless You all. 

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And if the OP is already in the Immigration database, he can option to do the online report within 15 days of the due date, but not less than 7 days before the due date.

True, if that part of the immigration website were working for anyone.  It hasn't in a long time.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, xvend said:

just pay 3000thb and never report. Job Done,

It's not clear when and where that(thought it was 2000 Baht) fine is accessed. Our resident expert indicates you "should" report but at the same time, if you are leaving the country prior to any appearance at Immigration there is no real need to do so. I remain confused, other than doing what I'm told, as to why there is a necessity to report prior to an out of country exit. The re-entry without any doubt starts the clock over again. I've never heard of a retro active assessment of a fine and/or refusal of entry for not reporting? Have you or anyone else? Cheers mate and God Bless You.

9 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I've never heard of a retro active assessment of a fine and/or refusal of entry for not reporting?

I have heard of person being fined for not doing a report when leaving after the report date when they did their report after the trip because the officer noticed they failed to a do a report that was due before leaving. No likely but possible. Better to do the report than risking the standard 2000 baht fine that can be up to 5000 baht.

As said it is no problem departing the country since immigration do not care about 90 day reporting when you depart the country.

• Like 1

Do your 90 day BEFORE you leave Th.  Why would you want the "possibility" of some form of " FAILURE TO REPORT or OVERSTAY STAMP in your passport / in the computer, if you plan to return - your exits, entry's and 90 day reports ARE in the computer database.  You should know from previous postings, Immigration has tightened the noose on everything!!!

Remember, you CAN be refused entry at ANY POE of any country, for just about any reason

3 to 15 minutes at "J" and your butt is covered.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, edwardflory said:

Do your 90 day BEFORE you leave Th.  Why would you want the "possibility" of some form of " FAILURE TO REPORT or OVERSTAY STAMP in your passport / in the computer, if you plan to return - your exits, entry's and 90 day reports ARE in the computer database.  You should know from previous postings, Immigration has tightened the noose on everything!!!

Remember, you CAN be refused entry at ANY POE of any country, for just about any reason

3 to 15 minutes at "J" and your butt is covered.

Most likely correct, however, it's much more than 3-15 minutes all in. In addition of course the general area is repulsive. Such is life, love it or leave it forever. Cheers mate and God Bless You.

17 hours ago, skatewash said:

True, if that part of the immigration website were working for anyone.  It hasn't in a long time.

I asked about the online reporting at Jomtien last week when I was paying my 2,000 baht "late fee", and the officer just shook his head.
He also took note of my bandaged leg and cane and told me, "You know, if you cannot come in person you can have somebody else do this for you". Nice guy, great command of English.
This can also be done via registered mail. I have not tried it, but the instructions on the immigration web page seem clear.
The biggest PITA for me is getting there from Bang Saray via baht bus and motorbike taxi... I am frankly fearful of riding my little scooter there,
Once there the process is very quick and painless... unless you have bobbled it and are late, late, late.
I am curious about some comments I have read about how "awful" the area is to go to.... guess I have been in some REALLY bad neighborhoods 'coz it just does not seem that bad.... 

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And if the OP is already in the Immigration database, he can option to do the online report within 15 days of the due date, but not less than 7 days before the due date.

I think you meant within 15 days of the due date, but not more than 7 days after the due date.

3 minutes ago, dentonian said:

I think you meant within 15 days of the due date, but not more than 7 days after the due date.

Read his post again he was writing about doing a online report not in person.

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:11 PM, BruceMangosteen said:

I do intend on returning to Thailand in about three or four weeks on a Type "O" with a valid Multi Re-Entry permit.

If you have a re-entry permit, then you are on an extension of stay.

Your 'O' Visa expired on it's enter before date, or on the date you entered if it was a single entry.

Personally I would do your 90 day report before leaving.

You can ignore that new report date though as your leaving beforehand.

On re-entry your next report will be due 90 days from the date of entry (inclusive)

Edited by dentonian

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Read his post again he was writing about doing a online report not in person.

Agreed, but it's factually out of date information.

Online isn't available anymore, as all members should now be aware of.

What I stated is correct regards the OP who is reporting in person.

13 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Online isn't available anymore, as all members should now be aware of.

I would say at this time is not available. It may come back again when they bring their extranet back up again.

23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Online reporting not available website says under construction. 

2 hours ago, kensisaket said:

I was told by the immigration office in Sisaket to report there before leaving the country; and, they would take care of visa(s) required for re-entry.  I haven't done this yet; but, it is worth asking at your local office.  

They may be talking about issuing a re-entry permit. That isn't what we are discussing here but God Bless You just the same. 

14 days before and 7 days after!!!  Don't get them reversed.  Eight days after  does not work!!!!!!  How do I know that?  Guess.  Theoretically you will be in technical breach on the 12th.  I have no idea if they will notice.  I cannot advise you to miss reporting before you leave.  Potential black mark but perhaps not a real serious one.

Edited by The Deerhunter