Jump to content

Affirmation UK Embassy


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Just looking for some advise on getting the Affirmation of freedom to marry from the UK embassy in Bangkok.

I was married before in Thailand and she came to the UK with me for a while. She didn't like it and had to go back to Thailand where she divorced me without my knowledge. 

I now wish to get married again in Thailand so I went to the local Amphor Office here in Phitsanulok to enquire about the divorce. I got a document titled Official Emblem Registration of Divorce and have had it translated into English. The document show Registration Office: Nam Som District       Province: Udon Thani but the court she used was Chon Buri Provincial Juvenile and Family Court.


My question is what do I write on the affirmation form underneath this part? If divorced, date and place of issue of decree absolute


Is this document ok to show the UK Embassy for the divorce?


And I read somewhere that you need 10 days left on your visa to get the affirmation. I will only have 9.


Thanks in advance


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...