Botched biopsy

norbra

Following doctors advice to remove dressing on the day after the biopsy on my forehead,I found that the sutures had

'let go" .On returning to doctor was advised that she would not try to suture again and to leave the wound open,

I enquired of her about using steri strips and she looked perplexed and repeated to leave the wound open.

To date I have not been able to locate the strips in BKK,so if any member can help with a supplier or generous enough to mail me a couple of strips I would be forever grateful.

PM me if you are able to help.

Many thanks

I don't know of a source but it is possible to improvise with regular adhesive tape. You place a strip and press down on either side then and pull up the middle of it so that the middle part sticks together.

Be sure to clean it well first with betadine (but wash the betadine off the intact skin as otherwise the adhesive won't stick).

If you are concerned re scarrng might be worth seeing a plastic surgeon for better  suturing. Though if it is fairly shallow, may not be necessary.

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I don't know of a source but it is possible to improvise with regular adhesive tape. You place a strip and press down on either side then and pull up the middle of it so that the middle part sticks together.

Be sure to clean it well first with betadine (but wash the betadine off the intact skin as otherwise the adhesive won't stick).

If you are concerned re scarrng might be worth seeing a plastic surgeon for better  suturing. Though if it is fairly shallow, may not be necessary.

Thanks for this great tip.too easy